25 y/o, snusing for over 10 years and quitting with the help of vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohanB

Jun 8, 2016
Hello, so as title says i stopped snusing with the help of nicotine patches for 3 weeks and when i tried to stop with those i just realised its going to be impossible at the moment due to bad mental health so right now i've been vaping for 4 days with a Kangertech Subvod.

I started off with 3mg Yaeliq "Mothers milkshake" the first 2 days but that was too weak nicotine wise to i switched to LiquidVoyage "Oh my lemonpie" 6mg.

So far the vaping is really good for the withdrawal symptoms i had. I've been equal to a "pack a day smoker" but with snus if not worse for all these years and as im getting older i realise how much snus really affects the smell of my breath, color of teeth, stomach aching and stuff like that.

But what suprises me is the little information that exists out there about vaping. As for health risks and stuff. Im concerned because i vape quite a lot i think, im trying not to reach for it 24/7 like the first day because i friggin loved it so much and since im in withdrawal of 24/7 snusing (yes even night time) right now its so intense.

I'm not feeling a harsh effect on my lungs, not really any shortness of breath, maybe just a little bit. I do feel like my throat is affected by it a bit but it's not bad enough for me to be bothered.

IF it stays this way, i'm really not bothered by vaping but right now im scared that in a few weeks my lung function will be bad or something. Like i dont know what to expect from this. There's a lot of negative stuffs to be found on the internet when googling, in fact mostly bad stuff about scientists saying this might even be worse than tobacco smoking and blabla but there's no REAL official releases from any health officials. Or is there?!

Questions:

1. Am i real stupid to start "smoking" since im not a smoker but a snuser? I'm doing this mostly because of economy, nicotine patches are just too damn expensive as opposed to the cost of vaping.

2. What can i expect as negative side-effects from vaping?

3. Is there any reported cases of people getting sick from vaping?

4. Has anyone here started vaping WITHOUT being a smoker prior to vaping? How are you feeling now? How has it changed your lungs stamina etc?

I'm real tired and it's been a long day so i'm sorry about my english and the way that i'm writing right now. My vocabulary has seen better days.

Last edited:

martsumoto

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2012
Ecuador
www.liquivapejuice.com
Indeed ecigs are waay safer than regular cigarrettes. I honestly don't know compared to snus other than it will destroy your teeth, mouth cancer and serious digestive issues.

You have an addiction to nicotine and vaping is probably the best system to deliver it. Can you overdose while vaping? Well certainly yes, same applies with coffee, if you drink 40 cups in one hour you will obviously die. So, common sense is a rule of thumb here.

Some people develop allergies to PG in that case or if you want smoother vape use liquids with more VG.

Side effects from vaping? well if using heavy doses of nicotine, dizziness, arritmia, headache etc.

Normal side effects: Dry Mouth. (Drink plenty of liquids)

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Indeed ecigs are waay safer than regular cigarrettes. I honestly don't know compared to snus other than it will destroy your teeth, mouth cancer and serious digestive issues.

You have an addiction to nicotine and vaping is probably the best system to deliver it. Can you overdose while vaping? Well certainly yes, same applies with coffee, if you drink 40 cups in one hour you will obviously die. So, common sense is a rule of thumb here.

Some people develop allergies to PG in that case or if you want smoother vape use liquids with more VG.

Side effects from vaping? well if using heavy doses of nicotine, dizziness, arritmia, headache etc.

Normal side effects: Dry Mouth. (Drink plenty of liquids)

Completely false information from mart, Snus has vanishingly low risk compared to smoking, and is thought by some to have a lower risk then vaping, and for very good reasons (though it really is splitting hairs to claim one might be lower risk then another).

If you are switching for health reasons you are not gaining anything. It may be personal preference, but that is as far as it goes.

The OP must be from northern Europe to be using snus for 25 years as it wasn't available in the US until about 10 years ago. I have been using snus for over 7 years and have had no problem with teeth staining, bad breath, or stomach problems (I have read many studies, and know many people who use snus, and have never even heard of anyone having digestive problems associated with snus).

If you do want to make a transition from snus to vaping there really is no hurry. You may want to do a slower transition. Since the health risk from snus is so low there is no problem with using both for a while. Besides that it is really not an either-or situation. Plenty of people use both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread