28 Days Vape Beta Test Hangout: The Knights Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiderep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2014
NorCal
OK I've come to an issue now. I can't decide which one is better, cross or blood oath! They are so different but I honestly really like both.

Blood oath is just plain awesome and I love it.

Cross is so very good. I've tried a custard flavor before and it just wasn't that great but this one rocks!

As for Rum, I am still trying to let it grow on me. It seems to have a really mild flavor but it is on the sweet side and I like that. It just seems so mild in flavor. I will keep vaping on it and report back.

I think I might have some vapors tongue going on, time to slow down a bit!

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
OK I've come to an issue now. I can't decide which one is better, cross or blood oath! They are so different but I honestly really like both.

Blood oath is just plain awesome and I love it.

Cross is so very good. I've tried a custard flavor before and it just wasn't that great but this one rocks!

As for Rum, I am still trying to let it grow on me. It seems to have a really mild flavor but it is on the sweet side and I like that. It just seems so mild in flavor. I will keep vaping on it and report back.

I think I might have some vapors tongue going on, time to slow down a bit!

It doesn't have to be done today or even tomorrow. Just take your time and give each one their chance to shine.

I also find that my taste buds work best in the morning. I am looking forward to trying them all.

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
It doesn't have to be done today or even tomorrow. Just take your time and give each one their chance to shine.

I also find that my taste buds work best in the morning. I am looking forward to trying them all.
Mid- to late-morning is usually my most sensitive tasting period, too. Also, one flavor will affect another. After tasting the Knights Rum, other flavors don't taste very good to me. Some of it has to do with the memory of the burnt wick from earlier, but the flavors of some of those other juices--even ones that I'm fairly familiar with--don't taste quite the same.

For now, I'm sticking with the Rum and letting it grow on me. My sweet spot with it seems to be at about 7-9 ohms (some hits are better than others at each level). As Joan said, however, it will take days to form an opinion on any of the three.

BTW: I did manage to stain a towel with a bit of Blood that was left on my hand after washing. Most of it came off with the application of water and wicking away with a paper towel. Just a note of caution.

cajunxrt

May 5, 2014
Houston
Ok, I finally stepped away from the Knights Rum. I am now onto Knights Blood Oath. Not really digging it. This may just be me, but it feels really heavy in chest. Makes me cough sometimes too. I have tried it at different voltage settings. It tastes better at higher voltages. 5.0 seems to be the sweet spot. And I know this is weird, but sometimes I get a burnt hair taste :confused: And that is usually at the lower voltage settings which makes it even weirder. I'm just not sure about this one. Oh, and of all the juices, this is the one I dripped a drop on my scrub pants. So we will see if it stains! :D
I used it in my evod tank on my vamo at 7.5w and the first three hits were amazing. The cream cheese icing was very dominant. But then it started tasting like burning plastic. I though it was just a bad coil. Im gonna drip it when I get home and see if it still the same way.

GreenLeaf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Texas, USA
Knight's Cross review: :D

3.8 volts on the VV, 3.0-3.2 ohm coil, Halo Triton tank.

Okay, wow. Just what I was expecting/hoping for. This is NOT overly sweet/sugary. I have a big problem with vendors dumping in sugar/cheap ingredients which ends up sickly sweet with no personality or flavor. This is JUST what a custard SHOULD be. Deep and creamy. Complex and rich without being overpowering. Very authentic and true to form.

I can't wait to load up the other 2.

Dave, you have something here! :toast:

Last edited:

GreenLeaf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Texas, USA
This stuff is amazing. Maybe I shouldn't have started with the best!!!
drool-smiley.gif

I just spent 1ml and my tank is quite hot.

Last edited:

69CamaroSS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2014
Upstate, SC, USA
Ok Knights! I waited to check in here so the other Knights' reviews wouldn't bias my first impressions. The personalized bottles had me grinning like a praised child immediately upon opening the box (though I knew they were from Giggler's post yesterday).....almost too cool to open....NOT!!!

I ripped into them and did the sniff test. Very pleased with all three and nothing too surprising (in a bad way). Ok, pretty and nice smelling....how do they taste?!? I put the smallest amount possible of each on my tongue directly (probably not advisable) and was like...ok....YUM thrice!! Ohh, this is gonna be a good knight!

Out of all the tanks, I'm pretty partial to my kanger T3S's and T3D's (easy, reliable, never leak/gurgle etc). I had three brand new T3S's in the plastic waiting for this moment and loaded and labeled them up and then waited....note: I also dripped directly onto the wicks and one drop directly onto the coils before closing them up, as I knew full well it was going to be hard to wait long enough!

First Impressions

Knight's Blood Oath
This is the one that I was looking forward to the most. Took the brand new coil a bit to break in and for me to be able to play with wattages and see the differences. Color, texture, and consistency had me snickering when loading the tank...it's actually kinda "sticky" like real blood..very cool. Flavor was good but hasn't yet blown me away. I was looking for sweeter or maybe a hint of the cream cheese frosting usually on red velvet cakes, but only a tiny bit and definitely NOT "sickly sweet" (like GreenLeaf, I hate that in a vape as well). Oddly, I'm getting a lot more coconut flavor on this one than red velvet. Definitely going to have to spend more time and play with different wattages more with Blood Oath to see how I adjust to it.

Knight's Cross
Gorgeous color and (of course) bottle/label struck me as I was fondling the bottle and dripper loading the T3S. Aroma and tongue test were both very nice and actually pleasantly surprised me quite a bit! :thumbs: Not having vaped custards very much (due to my aversion to "sickly sweet" vapes) I actually didn't think that Knight's Cross was gonna be too much of a hit for me. AAAAAANT, WRONG !!!! This is a very very good vape! Maybe my favorite of the three! The balance between the (very real!) vanilla flavor and sweetness is spot on and I have been playing with this one the most with different wattages. Seem to be in my usual comfort zone of about 8-9 watts. This is certainly an "Out of the park" hit for me so far and growing even more so as each ml sweetens the air in my den! Very nice, King Dave!!

Knight's Rum
Again gorgeous color, bottle and label (having my name on it? Even better!;)). Aroma and tongue test...hmm, I may not like this one very much:confused:....rather strong alcohol smell and a kind of bitter-sting directly on the tongue AAAAAANT, WRONG AGAIN!!!! . Load a T3S, primer puff a few times and let her sit while I play with the Blood Oath and Cross a bit more. Moment of truth...vape...adjust....vape...and ....hmm....vape...vape....I just might like this and I have never vaped an alcohol flavored juice. In fact, I usually spend so much time and effort shaking and steeping to remove alcohol from my juices, I'm not sure what to think. Then, after the coil got broken in, it hit me. This. Is. Awesome!!!:headbang::toast: instantly took me back to when my frustrated mother would pull these out of her purse in church and give me one to keep me still and quiet (her bribe usually worked because the other consequence sucked badly!)
5073062367_f253f41f95.jpg

Anyone else get this from Knight's Rum? Simply amazing how taste/smell can transport one back decades instantaneously! Wow! SOOO GOOD. :drool::vapor:

Obviously, Knight's Cross and Knight's Rum are tied for 1st place with me so far. As Joan (correctly) posted, flavor/people/device relationships are rather fluid and will certainly ebb and flow a bit before all three (and other factors) settle into a more resolved opinion. I'm fairly certain that the complexities and nuances of these 3 fine Premium juices so graciously gifted to us only for our opinions will do so as well. Thank you King Dave for taking the time and effort to pre-steep these (as with all of your fine juices) so that at least one of those factors (the biggest PITA!) has already been taken care of for us, your humble knights and your customers. We appreciate the wonderful difference it makes when forming a relationship with your juices (yes, I said relationship....I looked up and down at, smelled and even tongued mine!).

Ok Knights, now every finger on both hands are cramped and I've just completed the longest post in my ECF membership....and that was just my "first impressions"! I think it's fair to say that King Dave's work and graciousness has certainly moved me as I hope it has all of you!! :D
More to come as I get more intimate with my juice!!:banana::facepalm::vapor:

G'Knight Knights

Heden Aklowd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2013
Ferntucky, NV
Everyone must be at work!! Get home and get your liquid!!:vapor:

^That turned out to be the hard part.^
Of course on the night I've waited over a month for some Idjit towing a trailer full of stuff decides to flip it over the guardrail totaling the SUV & scattering crap all over the freeway. I was parked on the freeway for over 1 1/2 hours. My normal 30 minute drive took 2 1/4 hours.
My Liege you defiantly brightened my knight. I did a double take when unpacking. I saw the three bottles of Knight's blend & when I pulled out the forth my mind was blown. It read
Greatest Quote:
There's a rumor my picture's going to be on one.
P.S. I started that rumor.
~Heden Aklowd~

And then I looked closer and my picture was on it. WOW!
You were right King Dave, I flipped then started cracking up.
Nextoo Aklowd (my wife) asked what's up & I showed her.

Then after eating when it it came time to change the wick & clean the Magma I found I broke a coil pulling the wick out. So I loaded Knight's Rum into a freshly rewicked (it's been waiting for juice to arrive) 1.0 Protank 2 to tied me over until I got the Magma recoiled. 1st impression I like Knight's rum.
I decided to try a lower ohm dual parallel coil on the Magma & It came out close to what I wanted a 0.6ohms. I loaded it with the oh so realistic Blood. 1st impression I like Knight's Blood Oath.
Unfortunately some thing is wrong with the coil I put in my other PT2 & I didn't have time to deal with it so Knight's Cross will have to wait until I get home from work.

Last edited:

TheGiggler64

Ultra Member
Apr 25, 2014
Louisville TN
Of course on the night I've waited over a month for some Idjit towing a trailer full of stuff decides to flip it over the guardrail totaling the SUV & scattering crap all over the freeway. I was parked on the freeway for over 1 1/2 hours. My normal 30 minute drive took 2 1/4 hours.
My Liege you defiantly brightened my knight. I did a double take when unpacking. I saw the three bottles of Knight's blend & when I pulled out the forth my mind was blown. It read
Greatest Quote:
There's a rumor going around that my picture's going to be on one.
~Heden Aklowd~

Then after eating when it it came time to change the wick & clean the Magma I found I broke a coil pulling the wick out. So I loaded Knight's Rum into a freshly rewicked (it's been waiting for juice to arrive) 1.0 Protank 2 to tied me over until I got the Magma recoiled. 1st impression I like Knight's rum.
I decided to try a lower ohm dual parallel coil on the Magma & It came out close to what I wanted a 0.6ohms. I loaded it with the oh so realistic Blood. 1st impression I like Knight's Blood Oath.
Unfortunately some thing is wrong with the coil I put in my other PT2 & I didn't have time to deal with it so Knight's Cross will have to wait until I get home from work.

Hehehehe! And that is why Dave is the King! :toast:

ToxicRVA

Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Richmond, Va, USA
5073062367_f253f41f95.jpg

Anyone else get this from Knight's Rum? Simply amazing how taste/smell can transport one back decades instantaneously! Wow! SOOO GOOD. :drool::vapor:

Obviously, Knight's Cross and Knight's Rum are tied for 1st place with me so far

I knew I recognized that flavor from somewhere, I just couldn't place it!

ToxicRVA

Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Richmond, Va, USA
Greatest Quote:
There's a rumor going around that my picture's going to be on one.
~Heden Aklowd~

Pretty cool, what's in the Heden bottle?

Dave Brown

Unregistered Supplier
May 13, 2014
TN
www.28daysvape.com
I am the cranky evil Knight this morning...

Knight's Cross... want to know more about the custard. Does it contain any of the following: Diacetyl, acetoin, acetyl propoinyl, or butyric acid?

JoanJ, thanks for asking this. I didn't want to bring it up before, as to come across defensive. But I knew the question would be asked, and for good reason.

This is our first custard...we have wanted to make one for awhile now but of course we had concerns. One of our go-to flavor extract manufacturers has finally come out with a product they certify to be DIACETYL,ACETOIN,ACETYL PROPIONYL and BUTYRIC ACID FREE and that is the reason we now feel comfortable releasing a custard flavor.

Dave

Dave Brown

Unregistered Supplier
May 13, 2014
TN
www.28daysvape.com
I/We are completely blown away by the responses so far! Thank you all for participating and helping us to make a better product. Just on the preliminary feedback I may start playing with a way to get the cream cheese icing more dominant in Blood Oath.

I look forward to continued thoughts and reviews.

Thank you all again,

Dave

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
JoanJ, thanks for asking this. I didn't want to bring it up before, as to come across defensive. But I knew the question would be asked, and for good reason.

This is our first custard...we have wanted to make one for awhile now but of course we had concerns. One of our go-to flavor extract manufacturers has finally come out with a product they certify to be DIACETYL,ACETOIN,ACETYL PROPIONYL and BUTYRIC ACID FREE and that is the reason we now feel comfortable releasing a custard flavor.

Dave

Then that needs to be displayed proudly.

I have a custard from another vendor that is free of all those too but it tastes entirely different and it does need a month steep to bring out the best.

Another vendor just recently brought out a new custard that is really good. I asked him this and altho no Diacetyl, it has some of the others and he said ya can't make custard without them. I had a custard before I had asked that is free of all these things so I knew this was incorrect. Thing is, I prefer yours without all these things over the other one. This is really a smooth, creamy custard with a rather noticeable vanilla finish.

Some people don't care or know about the custard problems or with some of the other flavors and honestly, I would probably be less effected than most because I really don't inhale but I still don't want it in my vape if it can be avoided.

You saying this just makes me smile all over. It also makes me think our King cares for his subjects. Thanks Joan

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
First impressions of Blood Oath:

A lighter flavor than Rum--I do not recommend vaping this immediately afterward. The cake flavor, with its beet and lemon elements, is predominant, with only a touch of sweet icing. As King Dave has mentioned already, the icing could take a bit of a boost (but not too much!). Vapor production is decent (may be a reflection of the tank). A much more subtle flavor than others I have had from 28 Days (this is not a bad thing!). Viscosity of liquid does make the glass of the tank streak red a little more than would be expected of a 50/50 juice, but the effect does not seem to be permanent. Vaped on an Evod Glass at 7 watts with a 1.5 ohm dual coil rewicked with cotton.

UPDATE: Almost immediately after posting this (half a tank in), I received a burnt hit after a long pull. Perhaps a wicking issue? Maybe the juice could be made slightly thinner?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread