Not open for further replies.

CurlyxCracker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Williamsport, PA
Ok.... Need some advice...

Dave asked me what nic strength I wanted so naturally I told him I've been using 24 but since I've gotten the mvp I think it's time to step down some. I was thinking 18, but I plan on using drippers as well as tanks to test with so I can make comparisons and such.

My question is this... will 18 be too strong for dripping and will a lower mg nic be too weak for tanks?

I drip often. You definitely should drip lower than you'd vape from a tank! Think of it as being less "filtered" or more direct from of nicotine intake. I went from 24-12mg in tanks but had to go lower for dripping. Even at 6mg I get a rush dripping and chain vaping. That being said I CAN drip 12 just can't enjoy it as much when I sub-ohm (limit how many pulls I can take, no chain vaping) if it's just to get the flavor you'll be fine trying every now and again in the magma. But you can start to get accustomed to that nic rush and require higher nic in a tank if used like that for an extended period. Just don't vape all 90 ml in a rda if you're looking to lower nic intake.

ToxicRVA

Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Richmond, Va, USA
Just don't vape all 90 ml in a rda if you're looking to lower nic intake.

I don't plan to drip it all for sure, I plan to use 2 different RDA's, the magma and a nimbus, and 3-4 tanks from different manufacturers so that no matter what somebody is using, my review will be able to give an idea of differences between gear. I'm not going to be doing sub ohms because the mvp really wasn't built to handle it.

1.0 - 1.3 ohm dual in the magma is what I'm shooting for.
not sure what I plan to build in the nimbus yet

Heden Aklowd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2013
Ferntucky, NV
I drip often. You definitely should drip lower than you'd vape from a tank! Think of it as being less "filtered" or more direct from of nicotine intake. I went from 24-12mg in tanks but had to go lower for dripping. Even at 6mg I get a rush dripping and chain vaping. That being said I CAN drip 12 just can't enjoy it as much when I sub-ohm (limit how many pulls I can take, no chain vaping) if it's just to get the flavor you'll be fine trying every now and again in the magma. But you can start to get accustomed to that nic rush and require higher nic in a tank if used like that for an extended period. Just don't vape all 90 ml in a rda if you're looking to lower nic intake.
I think Toxic's sub ohm limit is 0.8 (MVP limit) & I think I'm going to be doing a 0.8 or 0.9 for now.
Maybe once I get some high amp batteries for my K100 I'll go lower, but I want to also be able to put it on my VTR (if I make a long enough drip tip) or MVP2.

I am your humble servant, awaiting our Quest...

Purrsalot.jpg%7Eoriginal
I'm so glad you're joining us on this quest Sir Purrsalot.

I just got a PM from King Dave the 1st "I'll let you in secret...they were boxed up today and will be mailed tomorrow. "

Last edited:

Heden Aklowd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2013
Ferntucky, NV
*feels bad he can't afford RDA's/other equipment*

So....for those using basic tanks, what mg did you go with?? :)
I'd say go with what you've been using unless you're ready to step down.
I've heard good things about the caterpillar ($10 to $15)

LOL Heden, that was the best show I've experienced in my life. (Breaking bad, not Game of Thrones).
Glad you liked it.
I enjoyed Breaking Bad, haven't seen Game of Thrones.

Last edited:

Heden Aklowd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2013
Ferntucky, NV
As long as you mix equal volumes of liquid =] if not use this equation...

m1v1=m2v2

m = concentration in mg/ml
v = volume in ml
# denotes the starting mixture

This makes no sense to me what so ever.
If you mix 10mL (v1) of 12mg (m1) with 5mL (v2) of 6mg (m2)

12 x 10 = 120
6 x 5 = 30
120 does not equal 30

Last edited:

GreenLeaf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Texas, USA
I'd say go with what you've been using unless you're ready to step down.
I've heard good things about the caterpillar ($10 to $15)

I took a ballsy plunge and stepped down to 6mg a month or two ago. Not much if any fits. Still need my 12mg on occasion, but I am making a full fledged attempt so I stuck with 6's for our beta. (polycarbonate tanks) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread