2nd day 2nd question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thanks for that info. I have got to look up these terms cause I didn't put this together. So I guess b4 I post another question I'll know what parts they are.
Basically you have your battery device (called a mod or advanced personal vaporizer) containing the batteries. You also have some sort of juice delivery attachment containing the e-liquid and heating coils/wick. The coils and wicks will need to be replaced from time to time when the vape flavor begins to taste poor or burnt.

Vaping is a little different from smoking. Depending upon the juice delivery attachment, a mouth-to-lung inhale may work better than a direct-to-lung inhale. A gentle, slower, longer draw than you may have been used to when smoking. And drink plenty of water.

Reactions: ms_jujubee

I'mnotZak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hello @ms_jujubee and from one new member to another, welcome to the forum and to a wealth of information from truly great and knowledgeable folks! I also have quit smoking in early May ( 1 pack per day for almost 35 years) and I am really enjoying vaping as a healthier alternative to the analogs. I have quit smoking the "nails" at least 100 times in the past, but I am determined to make it happen this time. I tried vaping for the first time several years ago but after about one month, I went back to analogs. The equipment just didn't cut it back then. This time I purchased an IStick Mini 30W and a Kangertech tank. I love the IStick but I quickly found out that I needed another set-up so that I could switch back and forth and never fail due to malfunction or a dead battery. I decided to purchase the new Kager SobOx Mini kit and I have to say that I love the device. With these two devices, I can switch it up and try different flavors throughout the day. I am also able to vape above the IStick 30's 30W max on the SubOx and use the new 0.5 vertical Kanger coils. The SubOx also has external batteries compared to internal / pass through on the IStick. This provides a completely different vapor experience compared the IStick. So far, so good. None the less, I hope you enjoy yourself and best of luck and success staying off of the analogs and finding the right set-up, nicotine level, and flavors.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
Hello @ms_jujubee and from one new member to another, welcome to the forum and to a wealth of information from truly great and knowledgeable folks! I also have quit smoking in early May ( 1 pack per day for almost 35 years) and I am really enjoying vaping as a healthier alternative to the analogs. I have quit smoking the "nails" at least 100 times in the past, but I am determined to make it happen this time. I tried vaping for the first time several years ago but after about one month, I went back to analogs. The equipment just didn't cut it back then. This time I purchased an IStick Mini 30W and a Kangertech tank. I love the IStick but I quickly found out that I needed another set-up so that I could switch back and forth and never fail due to malfunction or a dead battery. I decided to purchase the new Kager SobOx Mini kit and I have to say that I love the device. With these two devices, I can switch it up and try different flavors throughout the day. I am also able to vape above the IStick 30's 30W max on the SubOx and use the new 0.5 vertical Kanger coils. The SubOx also has external batteries compared to internal / pass through on the IStick. This provides a completely different vapor experience compared the IStick. So far, so good. None the less, I hope you enjoy yourself and best of luck and success staying off of the analogs and finding the right set-up, nicotine level, and flavors.

Sounds like you got it right this time! Good luck and keep it up!

ms_jujubee

Jun 30, 2015
Tennessee
I'm gonna go up to the shop tomorrow and try different kinds. Thanks for the info

Reactions: Baditude

I'mnotZak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thank you. I'm overwhelmed with all this info. Lol a cig was easier..I'm playing[emoji16]

I also spent considerable time reading the "New Members Information" that is located with a red font link at the top of the New Members Forum page. It contains great information on all of the acronyms and includes definitions of vaping terms. Good luck!

Reactions: ms_jujubee

ms_jujubee

Jun 30, 2015
Tennessee
I also spent considerable time reading the "New Members Information" that is located with a red font link at the top of the New Members Forum page. It contains great information on all of the acronyms and includes definitions of vaping terms. Good luck!
Thanks alot...Guess I'm heading there[emoji189]

Reactions: I'mnotZak

ms_jujubee

Jun 30, 2015
Tennessee
c331e8c5ade99cfce26e34a8b628c64f.jpg

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I would suggest going to your local Vape shop and getting a tank better suited for a beginner. Something like the Kanger sub tank with some 1.2ohm coils. SubOhm coils (less than 1 ohm) are not really for beginners.
+1. Something in the 1.2-1.4 ohm range at 1/3 to 1/2 the wattage will probably suit your 18mg juices a skosh better. Don't get rid of the Maganus, you'll want it later when you cut the nic level, though. The Sub Tank is a good choice. Look at an Aspire Nautilus, too.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
All I know it's green Sony batteries. That's all and ipv mini cranked to 30. I'm sorry. I feel stupid rt now.[emoji31] thank you. My friends made this for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
no need at all to be sorry or feel stupid - we all had to start at basically the same place - keep asking questions! this is an excellent place to get the info/ advice you need to stay off the coffin nails :)

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Yep, the tank you have has two options for coil resistance. 0.2 ohm and 0.5 ohm. We don't know which set you have in there, but either of the two is a bit low for someone first starting out. It does explain your light-headedness a bit though. 18mg on a sub-ohm set-up can hit you a bit harder than it would on a 1.2 or higher resistance coil. You can limit it by reducing the wattage on your iStick to 15W or 20W, but then it isn't going to make vapor like it does at 30W.

Reactions: suprtrkr

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
no need at all to be sorry or feel stupid - we all had to start at basically the same place - keep asking questions! this is an excellent place to get the info/ advice you need to stay off the coffin nails :)
Amen and amen and amen; I tell you three times. Everybody started exactly where you are. Don't feel stupid, just keep asking questions. Nobody here is making fun of you :)

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Amen and amen and amen; I tell you three times. Everybody started exactly where you are. Don't feel stupid, just keep asking questions. Nobody here is making fun of you :)

Absolutely not! When I think back to some of the mistakes I made early on..... I wish I'd asked more questions.... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread