2nd tc100 with the same problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

8a31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2011
Cincinnati, ohio
I bought a Coolfire IV TC100 from myvaporstore. I had it for about a week and noticed my Kanger Subtank Mini with a Kanger 0.5 clapton coil kept reading "shorted" or the Ohm level would read from .48 - 2.3 at random. I am running this in wattage mode at 27.5W so I'm not trying to overpower it and it is just snug but not tight. This tank works fine on my Coolfire IV and Coolfire IV Plus which I use daily and an iStick TC40 I use as a backup. I tried my Triton 2 (with a 0.5 ohm coil) and had the same issue on the TC100 but not as often. I tried someone else's Subtank Mini with the same result. I tried loosening the tank but that only made the OHM readings change with every push of the fire button.
I returned the unit and ordered another TC100 but in a different color, hoping to get a different batch. I also ordered a new base for my Subtank mini just to be safe. I got it today and right out of the box I am having the same issue. (New base/coil/mod)
By loosening the tank I can get it to read "Shorted" less often but not stop altogether. Nothing I have tried can get the OHM reading to stop fluctuating.
I am a loyal user of Innokin mods, having bought 6 for me and 3 more for my family over the years but this seems to be the most troublesome. It has cost me a few coils, a new base for my tank and time. I have to click the fire button , look at the OHM reading then vape. If I don't I get hot dry hits or no hit at all. What can I do to correct this? Is the TC100 a bad unit? Should I just return it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread