3 yr GoGo's are dead - Need suggestion for new brand like it

Status
Not open for further replies.

pardes

Sep 17, 2012
delaware
My last GoGo battery is on it's last legs, 5 others are dead. It's impossible to find parts these days. It's time to find a new brank like it. Please help.

I love the 3ml volume of the GoGo and would like something similar that doesn't leak. I love the replacable coils, the 5 click on/off, and the variable whatever-you-call-it. And of course, I love the 1300 mah battery.

What brand can I buy that looks similar, acts similar, but is new and improved? I'd reallyn appreciate your suggestions.

I've been looking at the Joytech Ego CC but someone said it leaked and it is a few years old now.

Thanks.
Caroline

LisaR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2012
Martinez, CA
So, pardes... I looked at your question earlier, and didn't really know how to help you because I don't know what your tank is. I know that the GoGos are similar to Egos, but a different threading. I'm going to assume that the Joytech Ego CC you are talking about is something like this Joye Ego-CC Smart Kit 1000mAh | Joyetech . If I'm right about that, I would recommend this kit Vision Spinner Joye Ego-C Twist Combo instead. I would get the Spinner 1300 batteries and the T3s tanks. I don't think buying the kit from MVS is better than anywhere else, it just has the whole set-up (two complete set-ups, actually) in one purchase. I think moving to Ego/510 threading is the way you are going to have to go, though. Once you commit to that, your options are nearly unlimited. You might want to post your question in the General Vaping Discussion forum, so you can get many opinions, and people can ask questions about your general needs and wants. Good luck!

Reactions: tmcase

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Can't much help with "similar" because I have retired my eGo-class batteries. If you want a better vape, I'd recommend one of the new little box mods like iStick 30 or Cool Fire 4 and a newer tank like Eleaf GS Air (inexpensive and a brilliant performer) or an Aerotank (older and more expensive but still good). But that means moving away from the outdated eGo-connection.

If you're not ready to move to 510 connection, any eGo class battery would be an acceptable choice--as Lisa suggested.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
I just want to add to Lisa's advice and reiterate what @Katya said, only because my partner just upgraded from an eGo-style battery to a Coolfire IV and GS-Air M. He absolutely loves both of them. I would highly recommend this set up or something similar to anyone coming from eGo-style batteries.

A benefit to the Coolfire IV and the iStick 30W full kit is that both come with an eGo adapter, if you still have eGo tanks you want to use. IIRC the GoGo was a little different (maybe?) but still, it's a nice feature.

Lastly, the one thing that hasn't really come up is that iStick also makes a "mini" device. The original iStick Mini went to 10W and the newer version goes to 20W. This would be a great option if you decide you're ready to move on from eGos and is still REALLY small and stealthy. Not that the Coolfire IV or iStick 30W are big, but they sure look huge compared to an iStick Mini.

Just in case this is all a little overwhelming:
iStick 30W will be best using heating elements with an ohm rating of 0.5-2 (can fire down to .4 and up to 3, I think).
Coolfire IV will be best from about .45-2 ohms, can fire down to 0.3 and up to pretty high resistances, also around 3.
iStick Mini 10 or 20W is probably best from 1.0-2.5 ohms.

So it really just depends on what you're after, but there are lots of fairly inexpensive options floating around.

Edit: I also completely forgot about the Vision Nunchaku, which looks like a pretty nifty device if you absolutely must have something closer to an eGo form factor. Unlike the original eGo "spinners," this one is variable wattage. It goes from 6-18W in 1W increments, which is pretty good for what it is, and it has its own matching tank. For my money I'd probably sooner go with one of the other aforementioned devices, but the Nunchaku really does look great, has gotten decent-to-good reviews, and is basically an updated eGo if that's what you truly want.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread