30 year smoker... now a vape. :)

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Danoman, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danoman

Danoman Moved On

After I've smoked for 30 years, I get my machine and BOOM. As soon as I put it together and filled it, that was it. I had planned on needing a smoke before I fully switched over but, never had that last cigarette. In fact, it's STILL sitting right in front of me from last Saturday when I started vaping.

As a history of my smoking, about 10 years ago I went to rolling my own with tubes, a roller and tobacco I bought in bulk. The week before i'd bought a carton of tubes and a BIG bag of tobacco. As soon as I got the machine up and going and that last smoke made that was it. So much that I called my ex-wife and told her to come get all the stuff i'd gotten the week before. I was done with the smoking thing.

I can't say enough positive about the vape thing... I can already smell and taste things like I haven't been able to in 30 years now...!!! As it is at the time i'm writing this, it's been 6 days and not even a desire for a real cigarette, not even with one sitting right in front of me... that's the true test of how well it's working. I would (and have) recommend this to everyone that even has a light desire to stop smoking...

IT WORKS...!!!

Danoman...

P.S. I got the Kanger Pro Tank 2 and the Ovale Evic vape machine... Now, i'm on to make my own e-juice. :):2cool:

2. Denrock316

Denrock316 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Woohoo! way to go man! :)

3. Susan W.

Susan W. Provarinati in fideliam ☆ Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Welcome Danoman!! You sure go all the way when you make up your mind. Good for you!! Makes a difference starting with some good equipment too!!

4. azzaman

azzaman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Congrats, your body will thank you. Best of luck on your journey.

5. Danoman

Danoman Moved On

Hahahaha... yeah, I figured i'd better get the best I could find so i'd make CERTAIN to stick with it. It wasn't cheap but, i'd have to say, looking back knowing what I know now, i'd have paid twice what I paid for my set-up with the results I've had. Another thing... it's AWESOME to be able to say, "After 30 years of smoking... i'm NOW a non-smoker...!!!" :)
    Lovin' it...!!!

6. Danoman

Danoman Moved On

Oh, and thanks y'all...!!! :)

7. FlamingoTutu

FlamingoTutu Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Danoman, congratulation on quitting! I smoked over 40 years and the switch was a bit harder for me but it's pretty darned cool to say you're an ex-smoker isn't it? Keep it up! :)

8. nova_did_it

nova_did_it Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Congrats! Love your story. I just finally threw away my open pack of cigarettes that I have been keeping around for the last 3 weeks. It was sort of like a security blanket for me even though I never used them since the last time I lit one up thinking I wanted one. but it tasted so bad! I just put it out and that was it. no more smoking for me. Congrats again!

9. Danoman

Danoman Moved On

It's awesome Flamingo... :)

10. otrpu

otrpu Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    What a guy. . .sounds like yur tryin to kill yur ex. JMHO

Cheers,
    otrpu

11. Danoman

Danoman Moved On

Hahahahaha...!!! Shhhhhhh... (don't tell anyone)
    Nah, just kidding... we get along great actually. (I've got the kids...) ;)

She's not ready to quit smoking I guess... she JUMPED at the opportunity to get the smokes I gave her. She was here in like 10 minutes after I told her to come pick them up. There was enough tobacco to make about 3 full cartons... lol
    I'm SOOO glad I put them down...

12. bulletproof88

bulletproof88 Full Member Verified Member

Right on! Good stuff man! Vape on!

13. freeatlast!

freeatlast! Super Member ECF Veteran

Danoman, big congratulations!! You sound so excited - like I was - just exhilarated at the first inhale (& just on a little eGo battery, too!) I knew immediately that 47 years of at least a pack a day smoking was over! Seems like a miracle, doesn't it!

14. FlamingoTutu

FlamingoTutu Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Danoman, I’m loving your enthusiasm for vaping, bet you could convince a ton of people to switch from cancer sticks to vaping. Keep it up. Continued success my friend! :party:

15. AngiBe

AngiBe ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Welcome to EFC and to the vaping world! :evil:

16. nmackan

nmackan Super Member ECF Veteran

I love the excitement after seeing how easy to quit cigarettes. But my friend you are wise to get good devices for the beginning. Most think I buy a cheap set and try first than if it works I get real vapers. Well congratulations enjoy life enjoy vaping.

17. RaceGun59

RaceGun59 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Way to go. Welcome to the forum.

18. OlDogNewTricks

OlDogNewTricks Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Wow, awesome story. Way to go. Good luck and have fun!

19. Dana A

Dana A Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Your story sounds a bit like mine. I quit smoking by accident when I bought an e cig to use in the hospital while visiting a friend. One drag and I knew there was something to this. I was always the person who said I was going to die when my oxygen tank exploded because I was smoking with it when I got older. That's how much I loved my 2+ packs a day 20 yr smoking habit. I still love the way Marlboro light 100s in the box sounds rolling off my tongue. Congrats on your success and welcome to the forum :)

20. Jdasilva

Jdasilva Full Member

Just received my halo g6 and I love it. I bought a pack a smokes before heading home yesterday and the package was at the door waiting started using one battery right away since I was excited to try while letting the other charge. All in all that pack I bought has yet to be open.

Congrats on your success hopefully my quitting go as good as your has.

: halo, ovale, evic, evod
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.