• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

316L Stainless Steel dual coil build

Status
Not open for further replies.

1TA2F

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Little Red Dot
Hi guys, need a bit of help here.. I'm using a smok X Cube 2 (unlocked SS TC function) with dual coil rba TFV4.

Just got my SS wire and I wanna build a coil to play with the TC. All the info I read and tutorial I found are using it for wattage.. and it's all confusing.. some say TC must be spaced coils. And no dry firing or pulsing, and lock temperature..

Any advice?

HexohmNation

Sep 29, 2015
Munich
SS can be used for both wattage and TC. It's ok to dry fire and pulse with SS.

If using TC, spaced coils are best, for the chip to function accurately.
Try and aim for resistance below 0.3 for TC.

For me, SS is the best wire to work with, as you can switch back and forth in wattage and TC modes as you wish.

Imperialchugger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2015
River End
Another question. I'm using a Smok X cube 2, and when I vape, it says temp protected and a split second later, it changes to wattage mode.. am I doing something wrong?

My build is dual spaced SS 316L coils. At 0.24 ohms. TF4V tank.

does that happen often? mine happens when i redrip but only a couple of times. ill just switch back to tc when that happens.

Reactions: 1TA2F

1TA2F

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Little Red Dot
Based on calculation, ur battery is good for 75W. Got chk wat is the initial ohm reading under settings?

Initial reading is 0.27 ohms. Running at 380f. How did you calculate? When I was using the triple coil, I used 80w.. so if based on calculation, anything above 75w is not safe?

1TA2F

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Little Red Dot
LiPo batts have a higher discharge rate, and more consistent thru use also.. The disadvantage is that for 2cells or more you need a balanced charger.

What's a balanced charger? I'm using nitecore D4.. Heard that I should marry my batteries to my charger so I labeled my batteries 1 and 2 and slot them accordingly to my charger. Am I doing the right thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread