36mg E-liquid.. How much is TOO much?

Discussion in 'Health, Safety and Vaping' started by soylantgreen, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. soylantgreen

soylantgreen Full Member

Hello, just got my 1st e-cig from Phil @ e-smokeytreats. I've been a heavy 1-2 pack a day guy for almost 20 years. I ordered 36mg liquid since I thought that'd help me quit analogs easier. Been smoking Marlb light 100's for the pask few weeks to get ready for the transition.

My question is this: How will I know when/if I'm over-doing it on the Nicotine?

I've read some of the common symptoms of e-smoking, but I want to know if there's any immediate signs of Nic overdose?

Can I or should I smoke 36mg liquid as if I'm still on analogs?

Any advice I'd appreciate.

Thx.

2. Kagaden

Kagaden Full Member

36mg is A LOT even for a 1-2 pack per day guy. If you're getting a tingling or peppery feeling in your mouth when vaping, it's more nicotine than your body is accustomed to.

Then most likely you're get a headache :p

3. Iken

Iken Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

4. Faethe

Faethe Super Member ECF Veteran

Or feel dead sick.

I have some 36mg I got from Puresmoker. I also have a lot of 24mg. I've come to use the 36mg only on occasion because it rattles my cage a lot. It's the nicotine. I know it is. The juice is wonderful but oh my God it can make life difficult.

5. Faethe

Oh and if you are still on analogs and vaping 36mg there's something going on there, in my opinion. 36mg will kill dead the nic craving, imo.

6. ritalee76

ritalee76 Super Member ECF Veteran

I have the 36mg as well as 24mg and more stuff thats been diluted and very rarely.. I mean rarely, do I vape 36mg straight.

Smoked m/boro light 100's - 2-4 packs per day for ... ever :D

7. Rev. Mac

Rev. Mac Full Member

I have been going for 2 weeks now vaping 36mg. Fortunately I have not had any bad side effects. I really does make me feel calm and relaxed. I vape quite a bit in these 2 weeks I have used 2/3rds of a 30ml bottle. I have tried some juice with lesser nic levels but they do not really do it for me. Don't know if this helps, but i think the 36mg affects people differently.

8. Faethe

I think it also relates to what you smoked prior to vaping? Like if you smoked unfiltered or very strong cigarettes it's likely 36mg just sails along, or might even be too weak? I smoked Marlboro mediums. If I ever did go to regulars, it messed me up. Lights were too light and regulars too strong.

Possibly why 24mg works for me now?

9. Iken

Getting your bodies adjusted to that amount of nicotine, just saying here. If the stuff does get bannned or for whatever reason you guys can't get any juice. I don't think the withdraw would go over so nice.

10. Rev. Mac

Rev. Mac Full Member

yeah, well hopefully that does not happen. If so I think I will figure something out.

11. ApOsTle51

ApOsTle51 Moved On ECF Veteran

I used to roll my own Golden virginia and go through about 1/2 ounce per day and i can happily use 2-3ml of 36mg per day.
    Strange thing is , if i have an occasional roll-up , which i do , my head spins like the first time i had a ciggie.
    I guess that's all the other nasty chemicals giving me the buzz rather than the nic alone.

12. Iken

13. Figurehead

Figurehead Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I vape 36 all day long, but am ordering some 24 to cut it down a bit next time.

14. TheEmperorOfIceCream

TheEmperorOfIceCream Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I've got a couple of bottles of 24mg around, but they're really too strong for me as I tend to vape all day every day. The sweet spot for me is 18mg carts or juice. I think I'm more addicted to the action than the nic, so 36mg would put me on my .... But to answer the OP, you'll know when you hit the wall. Symptoms vary but for me it was increased heartrate.

Emp

15. Northern Bob

Northern Bob Senior Member ECF Veteran

Another approach is to try to match your analog nicotine intake with the juice you buy. I calculated that my average daily nicotine intake with analogs was about 40-45mg. I buy 36% TW juice and mix down to 24% with VG and flavorings. 2ml of that mix gives me a theoretical 48mg per day.
    I fill a drip bottle with 15ml (7 days at 2ml) of this mix and watch my intake during the week. If I see I'm overdoing it, I cut back. It's working so far but each to his own method.

NB

16. verhoeven

verhoeven Senior Member ECF Veteran

So what’s the formula if I smoke 3 packs a day of Doral reds?
    I just started using my e-cig with 16 mg carts and a 24mg bottle of juice.

Sometimes I do get a little lightheaded using the 24 straight but the 16
    Doesn’t quite do it for me. Maybe I need 18mg.

Thanks
    Jim
    :confused::confused:

17. Northern Bob

Northern Bob Senior Member ECF Veteran

First, you need to read the side of the Doral pack for the nic content per cig. My Export A's were listed as 1.0-2.3mg. I assumed that 2.3 was if you smoked it down to the filter and took 2.0mg as my mark.

2mg X 23 cigs (my daily average) was 46mg of potential nicotine. I say potential because that amount assumes 100% of the nicotine was absorbed which it is not.

At least this gave me a ballpark figure to work with and it seems to satisfy me without any symptoms yet of overdose.
    Your milage may vary.

NB

18. verhoeven

verhoeven Senior Member ECF Veteran

Not listed on my US pack of Dorals. But a web search saves “the average smoker takes in 1 to 2 mg of nicotine per cigarette”. So if I smoke 90 cigarettes a day times 2mg of nicotine than I need 180mg of daily nicotine.

So 24mg cart divided into 180 would be 7.5
    I would need 7.5 carts a day? Seems like a lot.

Is that right, a 24mg cart will give 24mg total after I use all?

(god i must be an addict)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.