36mg nicotine too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugerNumber9

Sep 28, 2015
So I've been vaping for over a year now and as much as I love everything to do with the vaping world(the flavors, the mods, the clouds, the coil builds, all of it), I still find that I'm missing something since I've got into vaping, and that is throat hit. Ino this is a common complaint amongst new vapers but I still have this issue for some reason. I use 24mg nic everyday and I still don't get that satisfying throat hit. I get the nicotine high and even a shortness of breath when I take the longer drags(likely from the high nic level), but the throat hit is average at best. For me, the TH is the most important aspect in vaping and I still haven't got to it.

When I got my first mod a few months back(after I had been using an ego for a little while) the throat hit was massive and it was the best one I have gotten from vaping. That was on 24mg, but as I continued it went away and the TH was not as good as that first one. My question is, would going to 36mg nic and diluting it to around 30mg be too much of a jump? I'm purely looking for the TH too. If I could get TH at 0mg nic I would do it but I know that doesn't exist. I was looking into an unflavored nicotine base of 36mg and thought that would be good to maybe even add into the 24mg to give it a better hit.

Also if I were to go through and do this what would you suggest the VG/PG ratio be? I know pg is better for the throat hit but maybe with such a high nic level the vg based would be better to maybe even it out? Idk really but if I could get some help on this I would really appreciate it. If I could get this figured out then it's safe to say that I will never touch another analog again.

Reactions: David Wolf

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
So I've been vaping for over a year now and as much as I love everything to do with the vaping world(the flavors, the mods, the clouds, the coil builds, all of it), I still find that I'm missing something since I've got into vaping, and that is throat hit. Ino this is a common complaint amongst new vapers but I still have this issue for some reason. I use 24mg nic everyday and I still don't get that satisfying throat hit. I get the nicotine high and even a shortness of breath when I take the longer drags(likely from the high nic level), but the throat hit is average at best. For me, the TH is the most important aspect in vaping and I still haven't got to it.

When I got my first mod a few months back(after I had been using an ego for a little while) the throat hit was massive and it was the best one I have gotten from vaping. That was on 24mg, but as I continued it went away and the TH was not as good as that first one. My question is, would going to 36mg nic and diluting it to around 30mg be too much of a jump? I'm purely looking for the TH too. If I could get TH at 0mg nic I would do it but I know that doesn't exist. I was looking into an unflavored nicotine base of 36mg and thought that would be good to maybe even add into the 24mg to give it a better hit.

Also if I were to go through and do this what would you suggest the VG/PG ratio be? I know pg is better for the throat hit but maybe with such a high nic level the vg based would be better to maybe even it out? Idk really but if I could get some help on this I would really appreciate it. If I could get this figured out then it's safe to say that I will never touch another analog again.
If throat hit is your goal, high pg and nic will help. I've had some flavors that also did that for me; cinnamon and apple cider was awesome. I will say that as I've started vaping at higher power, 12mg is too strong. 6 is just right.

Reactions: GeorgeS

RugerNumber9

Sep 28, 2015
If you want throat hit, up the amount of pg, not the nic. I can't understand why people like that, but to each their own.
Ya man idk I wish it wasn't such a big deal and I was more into the flavor or something but that's just how it is I guess. So would you suggest to stay at the 24 and just raise the pg level? Because the current one I'm using now that I don't see alot of TH in is at 50/50 ratio

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Ya man idk I wish it wasn't such a big deal and I was more into the flavor or something but that's just how it is I guess. So would you suggest to stay at the 24 and just raise the pg level? Because the current one I'm using now that I don't see alot of TH in is at 50/50 ratio
You'll see more throat hit at higher levels of PG with the same nic. @AndriaD uses 85% PG if memory serves.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Ive tried to up the wattage but it just gets too hot of a vape for my liking. I prefer a cooler vape but I definitely agree that more power helps
The heat of your vape is very largely dependent on your coils. I've made some that don't even get warm at 50 watts, as in literally not outputting vapor. What device and topper are you using?

Also, try to up your pg percentage and see if that helps. Cool vape and throat hit can be done.

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015

I wouldn't up the nic, it's only there to help with the cravings. I would look for a higher pg blend and try to lower the nic when you can.
My body doesn't deal with pg well, all I get with pg is something that reminds me of smoking a cig down to the filter and burning it.

RugerNumber9

Sep 28, 2015
The heat of your vape is very largely dependent on your coils. I've made some that don't even get warm at 50 watts, as in literally not outputting vapor. What device and topper are you using?
Well I'm using the tfv4 tank with the quad coil currently installed ranging from 70-90 watts on the smok x cube 2. And I was so surprised to see not much of a difference in TH at all compared to my previous mod.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Well I'm using the tfv4 tank with the quad coil currently installed ranging from 70-90 watts on the smok x cube 2. And I was so surprised to see not much of a difference in TH at all compared to my previous mod.
What brand of juice do you use? I feel like 50/50 juice should give more of a throat hit, but I haven't smoked in quite a while.

RugerNumber9

Sep 28, 2015
I don't know how you do it. On anything with enough power to support a dual coil RDA at sub-ohm resistances, 2mg is my limit before the throat hit gets to be too much. I'm down to 1mg now. Might stay here instead of going totally nic-free. Feeling it out before I decide.
Whats funnier is that I wasnt even that big of a smoker lol I would smoke like half a pack a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread