Status
Not open for further replies.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
You may want to try DIY since you're already blending to get your PG/VG/Nic where you want it.
And Vapers Tek, one of the brands with the BEST reputation for Nic has a nic base called "Throat Hit Nic" or something like that.
Worth checking out...

As far as the rest, I don't know - I honestly have been slowly reducing nic from 24 as I slowly lowered resistance, now vaping under 10 mg, and that's in the 40 watt range (I use a mech). And never missed the nic or throat hit at all.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
I'd get a bottle of 50/50 and a bottle of PG base, then mix the two. Bam, 75pg/25vg. If that doesn't work, try a different brand. I'll look around for a minute.... I remember a vendor selling throat hit nicotine pretty cheap.

http://www.vaperstek.org/120-ml-eu-sourced-throat-hit-nic-100-mg-usp-ep/

Someone beat me to the punch, but here's the link lol.

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
Throat hit is almost entirely nicotine. PG is a thinning agent, reduces the temperature needed for atomizing and a flavor carrier. If PG is causing throat hit or harshness, it is cheap, not so pure PG...

I've alway heard the exact opposite. Dirty nic give a throat hit, clean nic does not. Pg is thinner than vg, but isn't a thinning agent. It is used to give a throat hit.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
You'll see more throat hit at higher levels of PG with the same nic. @AndriaD uses 85% PG if memory serves.

Correctomundo, 85% PG; only 7.5mg currently, but my Achilles provides dandy TH, so that's ok. Also, always mount my coils quite high, for max TH.

Andria

ETA: that throat hit nicotine is also what I always use, though TBH, I can't tell a lot of diff between it and what I got from WizLabs; maybe because I use so little. I just like it because it's so cheap. :D

RugerNumber9

Sep 28, 2015

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I've alway heard the exact opposite. Dirty nic give a throat hit, clean nic does not. Pg is thinner than vg, but isn't a thinning agent. It is used to give a throat hit.

Cheap nic just tastes bad and may be harsh. I've vaped the same e-liquid I know well at various levels of nicotine, and throat hit diiminishes as the nic level does. I get none at 12mg. PG ratio stays the same. PG was originally used to carry flavor, make e-liquid thin enough to wick with early setups and lower atomization temperature. Throat hit with good nicotine and good PG is almost entirely the nicotine...

Reactions: GeorgeS

RugerNumber9

Sep 28, 2015
You may want to try DIY since you're already blending to get your PG/VG/Nic where you want it.
And Vapers Tek, one of the brands with the BEST reputation for Nic has a nic base called "Throat Hit Nic" or something like that.
Worth checking out...

As far as the rest, I don't know - I honestly have been slowly reducing nic from 24 as I slowly lowered resistance, now vaping under 10 mg, and that's in the 40 watt range (I use a mech). And never missed the nic or throat hit at all.
Well the whole diy thing is kind of daunting to me. I think my best option is to go with the unflavored nic base and then add flavor but I'm just trying to find the perfect TH

Reactions: BackDoc

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Just for giggles, I just posted these in the "show your working wick and coil setup" thread, but it shows what I mean about mounting the coil high. The bowed shape is courtesy of Boden, his idea, and the flavor from it is really good. The coil is 1.76Ω. which I run at about 9w or 9.5w.

achilles_bowedcoil-1.jpg

achilles_bowedcoil-2.jpg

Andria

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Ok awesome I think I am going to get that then. So you would suggest getting to pg base?
If your goal is higher pg liquid, absolutely. Then get some pg and vg. Mixing your own liquid is pretty damn cheap and pretty rewarding.
We've got an awesome e liquid forum here, complete with a diy section if you're interested.

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
Cheap nic just tastes bad and may be harsh. I've vaped the same e-liquid I know well at various levels of nicotine, and throat hit diiminishes as the nic level does. I get none at 12mg. PG ratio stays the same. PG was originally used to carry flavor, make e-liquid thin enough to wick with early setups and lower atomization temperature. Throat hit with good nicotine and good PG is almost entirely the nicotine...

When I started vaping, I got the same flavor and nic in 70/30, 50/50 and 30/70. The higher pg blends had th. I notice very little difference when I dropped the nic level.

Isn't it Nude Nicotine or VaporsTek that offers a throat hit nic for people that want more throat hit. Their good, clean nic doesn't give it.

RugerNumber9

Sep 28, 2015
If your goal is higher pg liquid, absolutely. Then get some pg and vg. Mixing your own liquid is pretty damn cheap and pretty rewarding.
We've got an awesome e liquid forum here, complete with a diy section if you're interested.
Ok cool and ya I will definitely check that out. Like I said in a previous post, the whole diy thing sounds like a daunting task especially considering how little I know. The most I am really willing to do is take some unflavored nic base like the one you listed and adding some flavor to it. Now with a base as strong as 100mg, how should I go about mixing that? Again Im pretty new at this stuff so I am not to sure. Would you suggest to just add it to my 24nic liquid? Or should I add it to something seperate? I know I can buy just pure pg or vg but Im not sure how to mix it

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
When I started vaping, I got the same flavor and nic in 70/30, 50/50 and 30/70. The higher pg blends had th. I notice very little difference when I dropped the nic level.

Isn't it Nude Nicotine or VaporsTek that offers a throat hit nic for people that want more throat hit. Their good, clean nic doesn't give it.

If you say so...

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
OH! There's another way to improve TH, which I nearly forgot, but since I need to order a fresh supply myself, it finally occurred to me... the Flash additive, by FlavourArt -- ecigexpress.com has it. It works really well to improve TH, I add it to all my mixes. (because i can't tolerate much nicotine!)

Andria

RugerNumber9

Sep 28, 2015
O
OH! There's another way to improve TH, which I nearly forgot, but since I need to order a fresh supply myself, it finally occurred to me... the Flash additive, by FlavourArt -- ecigexpress.com has it. It works really well to improve TH, I add it to all my mixes. (because i can't tolerate much nicotine!)

Andria
Oh really? Would you suggest that over a strong unflavored nicotine base and then diluting it?

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Ok cool and ya I will definitely check that out. Like I said in a previous post, the whole diy thing sounds like a daunting task especially considering how little I know. The most I am really willing to do is take some unflavored nic base like the one you listed and adding some flavor to it. Now with a base as strong as 100mg, how should I go about mixing that? Again Im pretty new at this stuff so I am not to sure. Would you suggest to just add it to my 24nic liquid? Or should I add it to something seperate? I know I can buy just pure pg or vg but Im not sure how to mix it
If you buy pure pg and vg, that 100 mg nic I linked to, and then got some sort of way to measure it (graduated cylinder, pipettes, etc) it'd be simple.

For a batch of 400 ml total of 75/25 pg/vg, using 100mg/ml nic

Use:

1: 100ml of your nicotine base (100mg/ml)
2: 100ml of vg
3: 200ml of PG

It's actually 96ml, 97.6ml and 206.4ml respectively. But pretty damn close to even numbers.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
O

Oh really? Would you suggest that over a strong unflavored nicotine base and then diluting it?

Well... I had to try it, myself, because I've never been able to tolerate anything over 10mg, yet TH is the main thing I want from my vape. I started using it before I got into full-scale DIY, just because the low nic levels I need really don't have much TH. I still use it, for the same reason, even though now I do full-scale DIY. For me it means the difference between an unsatisfying vape and a satisfying vape, especially since now I really only like sweet, creamy flavors -- those are the WORST for soft TH, but the Flash gives me what I need, even though lately I've been dropping my nic level.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread