Status
Not open for further replies.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
If you are making the switch because you don't like the polyester in cartos, I think you will be disappointed. While a few high-end mods are beginning to come out with automatic feeders, for the rest of the vaping world there's still the problem of how to keep the liquid in there. You can replace the polyfil with foam, mesh, a silicon plug or just drip, but it's going to come with polyfil. Most cigarettes have polyfil too -- it's the filter.

I'm not sure how a PV that is designed to look like a tobacco cigarette, right down to the carrying case, will help you avoid confrontations, but when you get right down to it, the best e-cigarette in the world is the one that works for you. I hope this is yours.

VapinJazzy

May 31, 2010
Georgia
If you are making the switch because you don't like the polyester in cartos, I think you will be disappointed. While a few high-end mods are beginning to come out with automatic feeders, for the rest of the vaping world there's still the problem of how to keep the liquid in there. You can replace the polyfil with foam, mesh, a silicon plug or just drip, but it's going to come with polyfil. Most cigarettes have polyfil too -- it's the filter.

I'm not sure how a PV that is designed to look like a tobacco cigarette, right down to the carrying case, will help you avoid confrontations, but when you get right down to it, the best e-cigarette in the world is the one that works for you. I hope this is yours.

It's not just because of the Polyfil, it is just that I like the look of the three-piece design. They look exactly like analogs and they are the same size and feel. I don't like the fact that the PS Ace is the same size as a cigarillo basically (like 120mm) and I've just had horrible experience with the 5 cartridges they sent me. 4 out of the 5 already tasted burnt out and after about 8 puffs the flavor died and it was just dry. I haven't even had the urge to buy cigarettes the 5 days I've been vaping and with me as long as my body gets some form of nicotine it is happy. So a cheap 3 piece works.

My problem is that I don't want to quit smoking, I love it, and I love vaping enough that I forget about smoking so its a win-win.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
so, like i said, whats the best way to drip onto an atty like the one found in the 3DOM cig

Dripping is dripping. Put a drop or two on the bridge. (That silver thing that bulges up.) Put an empty cart over it. (No filler or anything in it.) Vape.

Most exposed atomizers like that take to dipping. You can put some juice in something like a contact holder and dip the atty bridge in the shallow pool of juice.

VapinJazzy

May 31, 2010
Georgia
You know I was being facetious, right? You get what you pay for IMO.:)

what I really want to try is a NUCIG from the UK. They have really good video reviews and they seem to be of high quality.

shipping is a pain.

if 3DOM doesnt work out for me can anyone give a me a great starter pack that is close to an analogs size in either 2 or 3 piece design. price doesnt matter. ill sell the Ace and 3DOM to family.

VapinJazzy

May 31, 2010
Georgia
no offense but that 3dom looks like a pos IMO, why not just buy something thats highly recommended from many users of the pv (like many people here at the ecf) the first time, instead of buying something no ones heard of and be unsatisfied with it?:2c:

let me give you a look at my mindset...

I drive a Geo Storm lol
which I built.

and I basically either make or mod everything I own. I am poor, and skilled. Plus its so cheap if it does turn out to be .... then I will atleast be making a clear review to show others. I already have a KR808d-1 so im set even if it doesnt work out.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
It's not just because of the Polyfil, it is just that I like the look of the three-piece design. They look exactly like analogs and they are the same size and feel.

There are some good three peice ecig models out there and the 3dom isn't the only one.

There is the 510, and the 901, and others that are three peice designs and are the same size as a cigarette. If the 3dom doesn't work out then I recommend one of these.

The 510 for good throat hit, and the 901 for more flavor.

rtbob

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2009
Austin, TX
My personal experience with e-cigs this far... being cheap is a disaster.. and being cheap while trying to get off analogs is NOT the way to go... dont frustrate yourself with an inferior product just because its a bit lighter on the wallet... your likely to not to "take" to vaping if you get frustrated with it early...

And some times the reverse is true. You can pay way to much like at the mall kiosk and get an average ecig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread