3rd attempt at quitting smoking, MVP2 hurts my lungs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
Welcome to ecf. So glad that you have found something you can use. I just wanted to expand a little on what others have posted.
If you decide to buy from ecig. com they have a 5% discount code --iloveyou. (sorry its just the code)
:)

And those coils can get a little expensive for the melo's so eleaf also offers one you can recoil and rewick yourself. It is called the ECR coil. Super easy to do and will give you a beginners start to how all this stuff works.

For a beginners tank, try a serpent mini rta. And be sure to google on how to build one(utube will come up with several) and watch others as they teach you.
Serpent Mini RTA by WOTOFO

discount code = 10percentoff
Good luck.
Thanks for the links and codes. I do have a little research ahead of me, but it's kind of fun learning about these and how far they have come since my very first ecig. A little eGo, that was super messy, and leaked everywhere . It was one with the little ( 2" maybe ) battery I bought from nicotine nirvana...Looong ago!! :)

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
Are you still smoking?
Do you still feel pain in your chest?

Deal with the above before a buying spree.

The airy, vaporous attys you reported trying are probably RTAs, most RTAs are direct to lung devices.
Good luck on your quest..

I still smoke on bigger cravings. But less than 5 per day now. I was about 1 1/4 pack per day on marb light 100s. On 9 and 6 mg liquid, I average about 2.0-2.5 ml per day.

It doesn't seem to be burning my lungs at all anymore. So that's a HUGE plus. So that's why I wanted to step it up to the next level with the pico. Low cost , good reviews , and if I don't like it, it's only about a $50-$60 dent in the wallet. And it will sub ohm so I can try the big clouds and better flavor, to see if it's really that much better l, to me

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
I still smoke on bigger cravings. But less than 5 per day now. I was about 1 1/4 pack per day on marb light 100s. On 9 and 6 mg liquid, I average about 2.0-2.5 ml per day.

It doesn't seem to be burning my lungs at all anymore. So that's a HUGE plus. So that's why I wanted to step it up to the next level with the pico. Low cost , good reviews , and if I don't like it, it's only about a $50-$60 dent in the wallet. And it will sub ohm so I can try the big clouds and better flavor, to see if it's really that much better l, to me
You will find that your nico consumption thru vaping will be changing as you wean yourself from cigarettes. Hence my warning on extreme out lays on vape gear.
Your chest feels better?, Fantastic!

You will not be disappointed with the Pico, beautiful lil mod..

Reactions: Kprthevapr

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
You will find that your nico consumption thru vaping will be changing as you wean yourself from cigarettes. Hence my warning on extreme out lays on vape gear.
Your chest feels better?, Fantastic!

You will not be disappointed with the Pico, beautiful lil mod..

Thank you! No chest burns or anything weird going on makes everything ( obviously ) much more enjoyable! :)

Thank you for the advice, and to anyone still reading, please post some of your favorite eliquid with a good taste. On my current MVP/Nautilus mini, I don't get a ton of flavor, so any suggestions are welcome there too. Any and all flavors. I'm not picky!

That said. With my NM tank or future cleito, melody, is there anything in particular to stay away from ? Like liquids that tend to clog the tank/coil?

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
So that's why I wanted to step it up to the next level with the pico
I love my Pico and I have a Kanger Protank 4 on it for subohm vaping. Lots of air and vapor with 6mg liquid work for me but not my husband, he always coughs. I just ordered the Kanger Toptank Mini for him, so he can have lower wattage, less airflow, higher resistance and nic level, in the hopes it will help him completely give up the smokes. Glad to read that your chest isn't hurting and that you sound like you're down the rabbit hole. ;)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Thank you! No chest burns or anything weird going on makes everything ( obviously ) much more enjoyable! :)

Thank you for the advice, and to anyone still reading, please post some of your favorite eliquid with a good taste. On my current MVP/Nautilus mini, I don't get a ton of flavor, so any suggestions are welcome there too. Any and all flavors. I'm not picky!

That said. With my NM tank or future cleito, melody, is there anything in particular to stay away from ? Like liquids that tend to clog the tank/coil?
Just wanted to point out that any tanks you buy for use on the pico needs to be 23mm in diameter or less. Lots of 22mm tanks to be had too. Yes both sized nautilus' will fit. The Ceito 120 will not fit its too large in diameter.

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Thanks for the links and codes. I do have a little research ahead of me, but it's kind of fun learning about these and how far they have come since my very first ecig. A little eGo, that was super messy, and leaked everywhere . It was one with the little ( 2" maybe ) battery I bought from nicotine nirvana...Looong ago!! :)
I remember those days. LOL The vape industry just keeps getting better and better in the last few years. So much easier now to get a more satisfying vape than when we first started. Thank goodness.

Reactions: RainSong

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
Ok everyone, sorry for bumping this up, But its been a few weeks on my old mvp2 and things are going great..

I am going to be ordering up a Pico, as they are only around $25 shipped, So... I will try out the Melo 3 mini, but from what I hear most people, Especially people that have used the pico with multiple tanks , aren't very satisfied with it... I was thinking a Cleito, but have read they can be problematic.. SO if there are 2-3 good options for a good sub ohm tank that produces good vapor and great taste, I'm all ears, and will order a few up and some coils to go with it

I know the Pico isn't the newest or most powerful mod, but coming from my 11 watt mvp2 with a nautilus mini, I am sure its a step in the right direction. Its nice to know as well that I can still use my Nautilus mini tanks if need be on the pico, by just dropping the wattage.

I'll read thru this thread again, as I know some of you were already giving me options, But since it wasn't my main topic, I thought I'd just throw the question out there.

Vaping about 2.5 ml a day of a 70%vg , but am only at 6mg right now... Thinking I need to move it back up to 12, as I dont feel like I'm getting enough off 6mg. I was a 1 1/4 or so pack a day smoker of Marb lights

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I just got a Pico Kit with the Melo III Mini tank and I like it but it is one thirsty tank and I have emptied 2MLs in an hour. Since you are having issues with vaping it might be a little too much cloud for you in my humble opinion. I am vaping 3MG on the Pico and I can't be chain vaping like with my Nautilus Minis. Just trying to be helpful and take it for what it is worth............. Just my :2c::2c:

Vapyro

Jan 6, 2017

If you're only getting one of those three, I've used all three you mentioned, and i'd definitely go with the big baby beast. The tobeco super tank is a good tank too, but I think that the diversity in pre-built coil options and superior airflow of the beast kills it. If you don't mind vaping at 80w or higher, the Cleito 120 is also a great tank, as is congrevape's doge tank. If you like bigger clouds, the cloudbeast is an excellent choice.

If you are experiencing discomfort with vaping thus far, check that your coils aren't burnt, and that they're wicking properly, and consider a juice lighter in nicotine. 3mg is where you want to be for higher cloud yielding tanks and higher wattage, I've even diluted 3mg juice with 0mg of the same flavor to go lighter yet. More wattage also increases heat, and causes a rougher throat hit in general, though the best tanks do mitigate that quite a bit.

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
If you're only getting one of those three, I've used all three you mentioned, and i'd definitely go with the big baby beast. The tobeco super tank is a good tank too, but I think that the diversity in pre-built coil options and superior airflow of the beast kills it. If you don't mind vaping at 80w or higher, the Cleito 120 is also a great tank, as is congrevape's doge tank. If you like bigger clouds, the cloudbeast is an excellent choice.

If you are experiencing discomfort with vaping thus far, check that your coils aren't burnt, and that they're wicking properly, and consider a juice lighter in nicotine. 3mg is where you want to be for higher cloud yielding tanks and higher wattage, I've even diluted 3mg juice with 0mg of the same flavor to go lighter yet. More wattage also increases heat, and causes a rougher throat hit in general, though the best tanks do mitigate that quite a bit.
Thanks!

No, it's not between these 3 in particular.. Just from watching some youtube, and reading some previous threads, the 3 I listed seem to be pretty popular for sure! Nothing set in stone yet, but just looking for options..

The cleito 120, cloudbeast , herakles, etc won't fit on a pico, otherwise I'd definately be looking into those.

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
I didn't read far enough back in the thread but are your lungs hurting with a Nautilus Mini? Big difference between the Mini and these massive cloud tanks.

Hey, no problem, and thanks for the reply

Nope Lungs feel great, no burning, or any issues whatsoever .. WHich is a huge leap from when I started long ago. Only time I get a bad hit of some sort is when the coils are going out, dry hit etc.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
When I first quit smoking vaping irritated my throat and made me cough for like two weeks or so. When I went to an iStick TC40W and a Nautilus Mini I went right to 6MG with some 18MG around for times I wanted a bit more nicotine. 1 month later I was down to 3MG where I am now. You will know pretty fast if you are absorbing too much nicotine.

Good Luck and Vape On Safely

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
That first post got you pretty far. Congrats!!!

I say that because I look in every day to see the New Posts, at a minimum. Cigs are made to be EASY. Vaping is after you get into it for a bit. It is a huge world and getting a much healthier Nic fix is the gift.

I dropped a step in Nic about every 2 months just because it was easy. My second mod was an MVP2. I had about 7-8 Protanks with different flavors because my taste buds got bored. After awhile I had one tank with stronger Nic for vaping with my morning coffee.

Checking the "New Posts" is a nice vape moment.

Again, congrats!!

Reactions: motordude

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
When I first quit smoking vaping irritated my throat and made me cough for like two weeks or so. When I went to an iStick TC40W and a Nautilus Mini I went right to 6MG with some 18MG around for times I wanted a bit more nicotine. 1 month later I was down to 3MG where I am now. You will know pretty fast if you are absorbing too much nicotine.

Good Luck and Vape On Safely

Yea it was a learning experience, getting into the swing of things again, but its getting to be very enjoyable, almost to the point of a hobby ( of sorts ) haha :)

Reactions: RainSong

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn

I say that because I look in every day to see the New Posts, at a minimum. Cigs are made to be EASY. Vaping is after you get into it for a bit. It is a huge world and getting a much healthier Nic fix is the gift.

I dropped a step in Nic about every 2 months just because it was easy. My second mod was an MVP2. I had about 7-8 Protanks with different flavors because my taste buds got bored. After awhile I had one tank with stronger Nic for vaping with my morning coffee.

Again, congrats!!

Again, congrats!!

Absolutely! Its a very huge thing now, and coming into it a few weeks ago was very overwhelming .. Whether it be the Forums, the Vaping vendors/sites, and all the hundreds of options available now. Using different tanks with mods, certain coils with tanks, Liquids, batteries, Mech mods, sub ohming and the hundreds of different options for each!

Love the mvp2 with the Nautilus mini, but I need more tanks, and more options.. Seeing as how the entire pico kit is less than some tanks, I think it will be a good upgrade to my second mod, and hopefully get me a bit more involved and knowledgeable with everything.. Or should I say, Caught up with everything!

Thank you for the support, and so far it has been going really well.. Still smoking on those heavy craving moments, but down to less than 1/2 pack per day, when I was about 1 1/4... Its slow but its something.. I'm sure when I start getting more tanks and mods, I'll be using my MVP2/Nautilus with a 12+ mg tobacco flavor liquid for those heavier cravings.. Its tough with only one tank, and a few liquids, so I need to get ordering!!!

Once I finally figure out the next step in mods / Tanks, coils, and get it in my hands, then I'll be looking for liquids.... That is another overwhelming things.. Literally 1000s to choose from and I don't have a clue where to start.. So I have alot of reading to do on here!!

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
It is a hobby for many. I make my own juice, do my own coils, it is relaxing. I usually do it while watching football. A friend vapes along and is a new-juice guinne-pig. :w00t:

Btw, I started at 36mg. After about four hours, I knew I didn't need a cig anymore. I went down to 24mg the next day, though. I wanted to vape a little more than one vape every 4hours. :eek:

ames001

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2010
Canada
The evape shops around dont seem to know alot... thats obviously a good reason for me not having a clue

No..no They really don't... Not even battery safety...
Welcome back btw!!! I think i remember you from Before my hiatus :) (i only came back 3 days ago after not being on since 2014)
I found the pain in my chest to be concurrent with the tar leaving my lungs .. Each of my 3 tries, for 3-5 weeks
I've been back vaping since last march, on joyetech aio box mods. I still vape 12 mg like i did on my top coil tanks on my silver bullet back in the day... And tasty vapor is still my favorite juice

I'm moving up to the joyetech eVixlc aio this week and am so excited!
Glad to see you back :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread