RDA 454 atty. amazing RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamAuz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2014
Bryant, Arkansas
So i just bought this new rda today, my local shop got them in stock a week or so back and when i saw it i immediately said "gotta have it" i am glad i got it. its awesome. you can run single coil, dual coil and quad coils in it. it has a very VERY small chamber and a domed top cap. the drip tip does not have a hole through it, instead it has a sealed end with two holes offset so only vapor comes out of the drip tip, no juice. it has airflow control. heatsinks on the top cap. made very well and of high quality. i just built a quad coil setup and i must say, its the best flavor i have had. this beats the magma, it beats my quasar and it beats my origen v2. here are some pics.

454 (1).jpg 454 (9).jpg 454 (3).jpg 454 (5).jpg 454 (7).jpg

iamAuz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2014
Bryant, Arkansas
Yeah it's pretty amazing I must say. I couldn't find them anywhere online, my local shop posted a picture on Facebook when they got them in stock. Very quality piece. I am a flavor junkie, this is some crazy flavor. The flavor is so thick and intense it coats your mouth, you can chew on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

iamAuz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2014
Bryant, Arkansas
Oh yeah.... It's the smoothest, most flavorful vape I have at the moment. I absolutely fell in love with this thing.

UPDATE! -> I have discovered another feature.... The bottom of the atty deck does not touch the top of you mod, so it will not overheat anything. The top cap comes down further then the atty deck so it still sits flush. Amazing design!
yrequ7u6.jpg
vu9erypa.jpg

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
Found a few other places listing this bad boy:

454 Kryptonite Dripper | Vapor Hub - best price I've seen, $74.95

Also GoldCountryVapes.com has a facebook page indicating they have them, but to call for ordering, so YMMV.

Would order one now but my vape budget is toast for the month after getting a copper stingray clone, a tobh, Quasar clone, and some VTC5's. Such is life, hope they don't go on perma-backorder after I can afford one :)

natchez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2012
Nevada
Have to agree with iamAuz the OP; this RDA has all the bells and whistles. Flavor for me has been very good with a dual build on ReadyXwick. It does do a little whistling when the holes are closed a bit. But with the cool drip tip, removable top like the TOBH for dripping, and the excellent construction this one seems a winner after a week of solid use. My 454 unit sits flush on a mechanical DEUS mod with an adjustable pin without issue. Can be built in single, dual or quad.

The center post screw that comes in the unit is short, so I used the longer screws that came with in the little metal box to hold my positive wires.

Last edited:

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
Got mine all done up tonight. It's tricky to build on, I think. I'm nowhere near an expert builder, though. I set mine up with dual verticals (seems to be easiest with the bottom locking ring config?) and got everything situated via the center post first, then slid the outer ring over everything and tightened it all down. I tried using the screws above the ring to secure my negative leads and maybe it was just my coils but I kept getting hot legs and breaking coils so I tried the under method and it was fine. 8 wraps, 27ga Kanthal, 3/32 bit, wound on my DeWalt drill with tension. Comes out to .6 ohm.

So performance wise, this thing is legit. My tobh at .31 ohm doesn't kick like this thing does. It is a bit warmer than others I've used, but not unbearably so. I have mine wicked with CelluCotton for whatever that's worth. The airflow control is pretty spiffy, as is the drip tip. I had to lube my drip tip orings a little so it would sit all the way down and now that I'm doing that, I'm getting even more vapor out of it. It's a badass little rig, hopefully others will incorporate the negative lead "ring" and the drip tip design. Those two things along with a deep well make this a contender, for sure.

GHB1

Mar 13, 2014
Seattle WA
Wow really glad I decided to take a look around as I have one sitting in my cart right now at 101vape, 454 Big Block RDA By Kryptonite Vapor - 101 Vape $66.99.
Feeling goooooood right about now, followed your links and saw the prices and I think I'm getting a bargain and I know 101vape real well, shipping's fast, just got a Hana from them and Carlsbad CA to WA 3 days.
That build is the monster and I love those pics friend, the thing that intrigued me about this atty is something that I'd thought about and wondered why no one had thought of this and that being that the entire outside of the atty is the negative post, how darn cool is that and building looks like it couldn't be easier.
No trying to poke through a puny hole or snapping a wire from tightening to much, just brilliant and and all the pictures just fantastic.
Thank you all but I must go now and drop with the dollars and really thanks for the links they really helped me by seeing what others are charging, man I think really anyone looking to get one, $66.99 is about $20 cheaper than what I've seen here and other sites.
Thank you ALL !!!

_sidekick_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
I definitely overpaid to get mine at a local shop, but I must say, this beats every other atomizer I've tried to date. The flavor is great and produces a ton of vapor. I'm going to do my first build on it tonight, but it seems really simple to build as well. It has all of the features of any high end atomizer out there, with less minor annoyances than the others I've tried. I've only had very minor issues, all of which are easily avoided. The top cap has fallen off in my pocket a few times, the drip tip does need to be blown out once in a while as eventually juice pools around the holes due to the domed cap, and I've had very minor leaking if I leave juice in the well, but that's to be expected.

For the price, I don't think anything beats it. It is better than my old TOBH and my stillare v2i has been sitting on my desk since I bought this. IMO, it beats my old origen v1 as well, but I didn't spend much time trying to get the right build on it. I would highly recommend it to anyone. I also love that it isn't overhyped for what it is, like many other atomizers out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread