4th Unofficially Official Halo Chat Thread: The Sequaling!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Agreed....thought most of the commercials sucked and what was with all the "kids conceived at Super Bowl host cities" thing or whatever it was, over and over??? Seems like the NFL didn't sell enough commercial spots so they filled it with their own family thing. That was dumb.

Half time was meh, sound was horrible! And a tough defensive game always makes for a rather boring game, tons of penalties (think the refs had more action than a brothel) but.......SO happy Broncos won! Obviously wasn't Peyton's best game but was really wanting to see him win one more.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Agreed....thought most of the commercials sucked and what was with all the "kids conceived at Super Bowl host cities" thing or whatever it was, over and over??? Seems like the NFL didn't sell enough commercial spots so they filled it with their own family thing. That was dumb.
How do the parents of the 8 and 9 year old kids explain why they are in that commercial? "Oh, Caitlyn, that's when your daddy and I ordered the stork..."
I was in my 30s when I figured out my "date". And it still creeped me out a bit.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
How do the parents of the 8 and 9 year old kids explain why they are in that commercial? "Oh, Caitlyn, that's when your daddy and I ordered the stork..."
I was in my 30s when I figured out my "date". And it still creeped me out a bit.

EXACTLY!!!! And some older gal at the gym today was talking (and yes, I was being nosy) about the Bud commercial being horrible bcuz there were no puppies and hardly showed the horses.

Call me crazy but I just don't think puppies and sentimental BS and beer go together?!?!? I never liked Buds commercials and actually liked them this year. LoloLOLOlolLoLOlloLol

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA
Oh goodie, I'm not the only one that thought the commercials sucked. And yeah Angi, same here with all of the 'superbowl babies'. What the heck were they saying? It seemed like to me, that they were saying the game sucked so bad that people rather go get busy, knock some boots, hide the salami..........than to actually watch the game? And Willem Dafoe as Marilyn Monroe was just WRONG on so many levels. :facepalm: With it being the 50th and all, I thought it was going to be awesome, but nooOOOoooo, it was kinda not.:nah:

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Agreed!!!!! I feel like that last couple of years, the commercials have gone down hill. Every other one is a car commercial and then some website thing, like that mortgage loan one. Miller lite used to have some funny ones but since the NFL charges an unGODLY amount for commercials, I can see why probably some companies just saw screw it

But I did manage to eat a bunch of junk and feel like a bloated cow today :facepalm:

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Yes, the commercials sucked.

They are all trying to outdo each other, as if the value is being talked about on Monday at the water cooler. Let's be more outrageous. (How did the boardroom approve that?)

What happened to just making good commercials? I like the e-trade ones with the baby in the crib doing stock trading.

And to the drug companies; Please stop.

Stop spending $5,000,000 to help us self diagnose some ailment, then find a doctor who likes to write scrips. If you have to tell your rheumatologist about a new drug, how good is he that he didn't know about it? And stop using 16 seconds to tell me what it could do for me, then disclaim it all spending 43 seconds telling me what it might do TO me. Maybe your silly drug would cost $10 instead of $45 because you advertise too much.

:-x

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Oh, and another thing, "opioid induced constipation."

Didn't this company cure constipation years ago?

1374523033000-AP-Taco-Bell-Menu-1307221558_4_3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread