• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

5 hits per drip, normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iSuck

Verified Member
Aug 11, 2015
Hi all, I've been vaping for a month or 2 now and I'm running a little boy RDA on a smok M80.

I seem to be only getting 5ish nice hits after every drip and I dont literally a drop and it's quite frustrating and I've been changing my coils to different wraps and diameters but 6 is the longest that I went.

Anybody able to advise me?
I'm on 0.6ohms dual coil on 40w.

TIA

Reactions: inspects

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
Hi all, I've been vaping for a month or 2 now and I'm running a little boy RDA on a smok M80.

I seem to be only getting 5ish nice hits after every drip and I dont literally a drop and it's quite frustrating and I've been changing my coils to different wraps and diameters but 6 is the longest that I went.

TIA

You may want to try a Squonker and not worry about dripping.

iSuck

Verified Member
Aug 11, 2015
image.jpg image.jpg

This is my current setup now.

iSuck

Verified Member
Aug 11, 2015
You may want to try a Squonker and not worry about dripping.

I just looked that up and it seems awesome but I don't think I'll be have anything like that anytime soon. Is 5ish nice long pull acceptable?

High wattage, low resistance = cloud in the air
Yup cloud in the air and the fumes from my boiling blood contributes to the clouds as well especially when driving.

iSuck

Verified Member
Aug 11, 2015
Mate,

If you drive and vape, better off look for something with a tank.
Dripper are something for very free time...

No no it's only when I'm waiting for the lights to turn green.

You need a better dripper, Stumpy, Vector, Derringer, Manta, Marquis, etc.
Those that you quoted are RDAs with deeper drip wells?

Reearn

Verified Member
Jul 6, 2015
Dripping and driving dun mix! Even with a bigger well so can get you another traffic light?
Get a tank ;)

Yeah man. That .... is dangerous. Lol I love vaping while I drive and the first time I did it, this idiot right here (aka ME) blew a cloud right in front me and I had absolutely no visibility whatsoever (Thank god it was late at night on the east coast. Didn't occur to me to crack open the windows. I can only imagine having to drip while at traffic lights. That .... is distracting. Hell even refilling a tank while parked is a chore.

iSuck

Verified Member
Aug 11, 2015
@iSuck why don't you try vaping at a higher ohm and a lower wattage. Use a smaller air intake in order to feel the same level of hit.

You'll definitely be able to get more vapour from the juice you're using.

High ohm, low wattage? Because I'm running on dual coil currently, would a single coil vape just as fine as a dual coil with the above mentioned setup?

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA

TIA

Can you give more details about the build?

I usually go with 3.0 or 3.5 mm coils and as much cotton as I can stuff in the juice well without blocking airflow. I usually go for 11 puffs per drip. Why 11 -- because 11 is more than 10. ;)

(Really because a cig used to last me between 11 and 13 good, long puffs and I expect my dripper builds to sort of continue that tradition lol)

iSuck

Verified Member
Aug 11, 2015
Gonna make it a single coil when I'm due for my next change which is latest tomorrow and update about the experience. Thanks guys.

Can you give more details about the build?

I usually go with 3.0 or 3.5 mm coils and as much cotton as I can stuff in the juice well without blocking airflow. I usually go for 11 puffs per drip. Why 11 -- because 11 is more than 10. ;)

(Really because a cig used to last me between 11 and 13 good, long puffs and I expect my dripper builds to sort of continue that tradition lol)

More details as in? I'm using a 28 gauge kanthan wrapped round the blue screwdriver 5 times giving me about 0.45ohms. But doesn't having more cotton makes your wicking slower? I wicked mine with the cotton being able to e moved about with just a tad bit of resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread