5 weeks cigarette free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chester R Bridgewater

Mar 31, 2017
I feel good and I've dropped five pounds. It helps using liquids that taste like candy. My view is this: if the liquid I'm using tastes like candy, why eat junk food? The other thing I did, over the past month, was cut my coffee and soda intake. If you don't know, caffeine really impacts your desire for a cigarette. Basically, I cut out soda and, in the first half of the day, I drink regular black coffee. After work, I drink decaf. For the record, before last month, I was probably drinking a couple liters of soda every day and about three pots of coffee a day. You feel much better, when you reduce caffeine...it just doesn't seem like you will, at first.

I'm down to 3 mg e juice and I plan on staying here for the better part of a month. The Smok Alien has been very reliable. I also picked up a Wismec Noisy Cricket v2. I've been vaping on and off over the years and this time it stuck. If you are completely new to vaping, I do not recommend getting a Noisy Cricket. It has built in safetys but keep to regulated mods. Regulated mods are the best way to start. The Wotofo Troll v2 is the rda I'm using and I love it.

If you're having trouble getting off cigarettes and completely moving to vaping, don't give up. There are a lot of little things to learn and get used to. If a pen style e cig is your thing and you enjoy it, then keep with it. There are so many options out there that it gets confusing.

Keep on keeping on!

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Keep counting those weeks! When I moved out here to the high desert I quit coffee and caffeine, the only time I have soda (CF) is when I go to the city. Water is my best friend out here. I used to stick with the most intense mint flavors to vape but then I was introduced to Unicake, Uniapple, and BlackBerry Patch. I find my RDA's to be quite handy when I get free samples of juice to try out. I'm actually trying to own more tanks that are drippers or have RTA/RBA included to save on spending money on having to buy prebuilt coil packs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Congratulations, you have much to be proud of. I hope everything continues to go well for you and thanks for sharing your story. Others hearing your success can help them realize there is hope when it comes to quitting smoking and living a full healthy life. Also welcome to the forum I hope you enjoy your time here.

Reactions: JoeMischief

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I like my vape with my coffee. It was hard to imagine going without a smoke for that first cup, but its worked out for me.

Great job on making it this far. I would make one small suggestion. It's still pretty early for you off cigs. I wouldn't rush decreasing your nic. Better to stay at a higher concentration than to risk picking up the smokes again.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Great job on making it this far. I would make one small suggestion. It's still pretty early for you off cigs. I wouldn't rush decreasing your nic. Better to stay at a higher concentration than to risk picking up the smokes again.

:thumb:

JoeMischief

Apr 21, 2017
Southsea
I think as time goes by you get to know when and where you can reduce nicotine strength. I've found (and it is still relatively early days for me too) that where I am (work/home), set up (MTL/DTL), situation (stress/coffee/beers/relaxing/around smokers) dictates all sorts of variations from 2mg to 12mg. I started on 18mg tootle. I'm now geared up for whatever the day will throw at me. Horses for courses I think is the phrase...

Reactions: 90VG

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I think as time goes by you get to know when and where you can reduce nicotine strength. I've found (and it is still relatively early days for me too) that where I am (work/home), set up (MTL/DTL), situation (stress/coffee/beers/relaxing/around smokers) dictates all sorts of variations from 2mg to 12mg. I started on 18mg tootle. I'm now geared up for whatever the day will throw at me. Horses for courses I think is the phrase...

That's very true & mine just varies depending on what I'm doing. What works for some doesn't work for others, and that is also true... :) you just take it as it comes with vaping I feel.

Reactions: JoeMischief
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread