5 weeks cigarette free

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
@Chester R Bridgewater You deserve all the congratulations in the world for your progress so make no mistake about that. It took me years before it truly stuck, but every cigarette I did not smoke was a victory. You are doing so well. But I would definitely echo @Eskie that there is no rush in reducing the nicotine too far too quickly.

Anyway, it sounds like you're doing just fine and 3mg in a Troll on a Noisy Cricket II (for example) is not the same as 3mg in a cigalike. I just agree that you are better off making sure you have at least a couple of options for slightly higher nicotine rather than risk going back to the stink sticks if a particularly severe craving hits. You could even get some 0 and 18mg-- or 12mg, or anything with nicotine-- in the same flavor and mix a custom nic level to your liking if you don't DIY.

Chester R Bridgewater

Mar 31, 2017
I have some 6 mg juice around, in case. Since I use drillers, anything over 6 mg feels like I've been kicked in the throat. I'm seeing how it goes on 3 mg. It's not the best week but I can do it. However, I will say that there is a drastic difference between 3 and 6 mg. That change almost feels like getting off cigs again. I did not realize the change would be that huge, at least to me. I agree: It differs from person to person.

The hardest part is dealing with non or ex smokers who feel the need to comment on how horrible vaping voting is for me. Based on the news they see, they are certain that vaping is worse for me than cigarettes. I stated some fact about vaping (I can't remember which fact), and the guy outright said, "They're lying to you!" That was the end of the conversation. I keep my thoughts to myself, at this point. For certain people, unless you do things their way, you are wrong. That's life and I'm not letting it get to me.

Reactions: JoeMischief
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread