5 years Vaping - My Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I just thought I would add my story. While I joined ECF on Sep 24 – about 5 years ago. My true Vapeversary is Oct 11 (the date I received and used my first ecig). I actually found vaping through my daughter who has never smoked or vaped in her life. I had tried almost everything to quit over the years, including hypnosis, and pretty much had given up. I continually fought myself to keep my smoking under one pack a day since if I did not watch it I easily would smoke two. My daughter heard about vaping from her friends and pressured me to at least check into it. I had seen the ecigs offered in the mall’s and the gas stations – they did not interest me at all – so to Google I went. Low and behold I found ECF. I lurked for several months reading and doing more Googling. Then came the day – 24 Sep 2011 – I joined ECF. Got a great welcome and there were so many people willing to help me along with my first choice, which was a Joyetech 650mah batt and a Joyetech atty kit.

Now, if you think that when I got this new device my life turned around and I stopped smoking on the spot – well then you are wrong. I was almost immediately able to cut down to about 10 smokes a day, but the rest were a struggle. I ended up switching to a higher nic and learned to vape through the cravings. The last 4 were the hardest – the first one in the morning was the last one to go, but the ones after each meal were not a walk in the park either. I did not smoke my last cigarette until sometime in Jan the next year and I slipped up a couple of times after that (that is when I learned why everyone stressed having backups and having backups for the backups). Yea, leaving the house without a spare batt and a spare atty was not a smart idea, but while I did slip and pick up a pack of smokes during these occasions – when I got home I threw them away because I knew this was working and there was no way I was going back. I really wanted to make this work.

While I did struggle to quit those last few smokes I was spared the coughing and other withdrawal symptoms that many had. I guess I was lucky on that part. If you do join vaping and find out you are one of the unlucky ones – well let me tell you one thing - after you get through all of this you will discover the many benefits from vaping or at least I did and will be so glad you toughed it out. I can go up and down the steps better (no more huffing and puffing), I have found that I enjoy not smelling like a smoke filled room, and my wife is happy that she is not kissing an ashtray anymore. It is great for me and I am sure anyone that tries it will find out it is great for them.

Vaping in 2011 was so much different than it is today – a Joyetech 650mah was state of the art back then and now just 5 years later – wow – you have got so many choices and styles of vaping. We did not have Tootle Puffers, Cloud Chasers or Mod Wompers – we just had people trying out how to get as much out of their equipment as they could. We were using aquarium filters to provide a better vape, we were pulling the guts out of atty’s to see if we could use them for dripping and don’t even think about a PV that had more than one batt – they were quickly learned to be quite dangerous. We were looking for better flavors, trying to figure out what flavors to avoid, researching flavor extracts, etc. The tech and the flavor choices just had not entered the market yet. Shoot, if I was just now trying out the vaping world I don’t think that I could choose my first PV in just two weeks. Shoot it might just take me the whole 5 years I have been on this forum just to choose what to start with…

Now, while I do not particularly care for the term I am what they call a Tootle Puffer. Mostly I just vape at a low volt/watt level using a 1.5 – 2.0 ohm coil. I vape at 12 – 15mg mostly fruit and other non-tobacco flavors utilizing a 2% or less mixing level. I do still have one 30ml bottle of Desert Ship and I expect it to last me a long long time. My current go to device is 4 years old – it still works – I am not smoking so there is some good proof in that. I do have some newer devices – they are in my backup stash (deeming and all that stuff). I have had many temptations to pull one or two out and start using them, but have resigned myself to using this one as long as it lasts. Hey, as long as I do not go back to smoking – all is good right!!!

I vape to stay off of the stinking cigs that plagued my life for over 40 years. Like many others – I am stocked up due to the deeming, but due to my vaping style I had very little to buy to make me solid for a good long time. Everything I have is interrelated and rebuildable and I am good to go.

Well this is getting long so I am going to close it up with saying one last thing.

I am in no way ever going back to cigs and I hope no one else that ever learns the world of ecigs does either…

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
congrats ! Really enjoyed reading your success story. Fun to look back on what it was like back in the day. I am thankful to the forefathers (mothers) of the vape industry for all the innovation ! Aquarium innards lol !! 3 yrs for me and back in my day CE5's and carto tanks were hot. I made a fair sized buy several months ago as my emergency gear. My Just In Case stash, if you will. Other then PG, VG, flavoring, I've not bought anything in quite a while. 5 yrs vaping is an awesome accomplishment.

Reactions: Semiretired
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread