Status
Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
The 510 threads on my ego battery are stripped and I am not able to use it to connect it to my charger cable. I did purchase an ego to ego adapter thinking that might do the trick but no luck any suggestions

the 510 thread is really a cigalike/cigarette/quarterinch/halfinch sized thread and is really not able to stand up to frequent screwing/unscrewing all the time:
My guess is the centerpin in the middle is pressed down too far and just not making contact.

But what you said was the threads are stripped; plus you said ego to ego adapter.
Could still be a centerpin contact issue.
When you screw on the ego to ego adapter the problem is, is the centerpin making contact or not?

ego to ego adapters are not a common item; the common item is the 510-to-510/ego adapter; but if your 510 threads are stripped that wouldn't help you

sbranoff

Jun 15, 2015
Lewes, De
I have two batteries that are the same. Tried changing chargers, I have three, threads in both batteries are all but gone. I can charge them by keeping preasure against them till they charge. I have a third battery that still has threads, almost afraid to keep charging, it's a Vision spinner 2. I think I mite get a Istick 30 watt, uses a mini usb cord to charge it. MTB has them for $34.99, mite be worth it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread