510 connector for my dna 250 mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRISTOPHER ANGEL

Oct 17, 2016
I'm using a dna 250 chip, and lipo battery, my box is in work being custom fabricated at the moment, just buying my supplies and stuck with the shortage of 510 connector companies. I heard the plus and minuses of fat daddy and varitube, but i narrowed it down to 2 choices, but due to the lack of reviews being found and lack of specs on the other, I'm looking for real world experiences with the MODCRATE HCP and the AVID/CISCO 510 connectors, size is not an issue. My box specs are 7x3x3 inches.

Reactions: ShamrockPat

CHRISTOPHER ANGEL

Oct 17, 2016
I'm using a dna 250 chip, and lipo battery, my box is in work being custom fabricated at the moment, just buying my supplies and stuck with the shortage of 510 connector companies. I heard the plus and minuses of fat daddy and varitube, but i narrowed it down to 2 choices, but due to the lack of reviews being found and lack of specs on the other, I'm looking for real world experiences with the MODCRATE HCP and the AVID/CISCO 510 connectors, size is not an issue. My box specs are 7x3x3 inches.
Cisco 510 Connector
Or
HCP 510 - 18mm x .75

undertheradar

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2010
AZ
510 connector companies? Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is 10Pcs Electronic Cigarette 510 to eGo Adapter Convertor for E-Cigarette

Last edited:

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
There both good choices, The HCP requires a huge hole, the spring isn't as good & the pin is SS (hard to solder to) also the HCP comes with no lower nut, so it would require a threaded hole or a not included separate lower jam nut. I would buy the Sisco, for the copper pin, smaller hole, better spring & more complete kit :)

Last edited:

CHRISTOPHER ANGEL

Oct 17, 2016
Sorry undertaker, i meant the whole 510 connector companies, you basically only see 2 main companies varitube or fat daddy. Thx steamer, i seen modcrate at first due to that's where a bulk of my diy parts come from, the price seems to be in range of the others, just no specs available like on the Cisco, but reviews for both is extremely limited. But what I'm hearing cisco is the way to go.

Reactions: Steamer861

CHRISTOPHER ANGEL

Oct 17, 2016
I see by saying shortage, I've misled some people. I'm not saying there's a shortage of 510 connectors, just that trying to find a decent one with good reviews that's not a fd or v2 is hard. Basically 2 main companies monopolizing that corner of the market. There are allot of bargain 510s, but I'm not building a normal everyday vape box, i have those, trying to make something different, out of the norm, which i don't know what's norm now, after the coffin mod. But let's say there is almost as much concern and research because I'm pushing the limits of my dna 250. Vaping has gone light years ahead of when i first started, when you only had 2 choices of flavors. Regular or menthol, from non reusable to today. Just keeping up to date is a chore within itself. Trying to stay ahead of the curve. So I'm building a mod, vv vw tc, went with a great brain for my mod, just trying to get the next great thing to fit my project. Have a strong long lasting lipo, and a 46mm rda for crazy coil builds space. Just want the parts that we would all have or use if box space was not an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread