Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I just saw these, but the description " tighter draw" makes me hesitate. I tried one of the 510 platinums and It was not bad, but I did notice the tighter draw and I didnt really like it. I thought it was behaving like the bad boges with the tight draw. I did like the 801 fusion, much smoother draw, just dont like having to use an adapter and having the gap between my mod and the tanks. Is there one of your cartos that behave more like the 801 but have a 510 connection? I want to order some of the diamonds, but I like a looser draw and I hate to waste money and more so take stock away from those that like the draw.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I just saw these, but the description " tighter draw" makes me hesitate. I tried one of the 510 platinums and It was not bad, but I did notice the tighter draw and I didnt really like it. I thought it was behaving like the bad boges with the tight draw. I did like the 801 fusion, much smoother draw, just dont like having to use an adapter and having the gap between my MOD and the tanks. Is there one of your cartos that behave more like the 801 but have a 510 connection? I want to order some of the diamonds, but I like a looser draw and I hate to waste money and more so take stock away from those that like the draw.

I saw that too and that was what I didn't like about the 510 gold. The draw was too tight but I've not had that problem with the Platinum.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Hmm, maybe it was the gold? cant remember, does the gold have a gold 510 connector, or is it just the name?

Hehe yes that was the Gold you tried before. They been discontinued.
The Diamonds is a work that derived from them but with much better materials. For tanks you will have less liquid consumption in comparison to the Plats. Though, the major problem is, that the factory goofed up on us and instead of making them Stainless, they made stainless colored labels! Luckily the labels are the foil type and peel off easy enough. They do leave residue, though it does rub off fairly easy.

Now here's the even worse news: The Diamonds were meant to move in blister packs of 5 and they arrived that way. However, each blister pack was mixed! We spent all night breaking most of them open as there was a 1-2 Standard 2.5 in each pack. Now that they're all opened save for a few 20 packs that were all LR 2.0Ω. There's a HUGE offset in the inventory. I didn't want to open them but packing orders for the past couple of days been at a near halt filling each individual order that wanted more than 5 Standards. Today we're going to move at full speed so the orders can all get cleared out and will update the stock on Diamond Std.

Gatillero1980

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2012
Cali, Colombia
Dear Isaac,

Since i received the 20 801 Fusion last week (and i'm feeling lucky because apparently these are hard to bump into) I'm quite impressed and satisfied with these babies. I punch them, filled them with my Boba's, put them in my J-Tank and again i was in vaping heaven. You can do some serious chain vaping with these.

Now to the point, do the 501 Diamond fit the J-tanks as the Boge's do? Because if they do I will look no further for Boge replacements.

Thanks!

PS. Again sorry for the "missing" 501-801 adapters misunderstanding :oops:

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Dear Isaac,

Since i received the 20 801 Fusion last week (and i'm feeling lucky because apparently these are hard to bump into) I'm quite impressed and satisfied with these babies. I punch them, filled them with my Boba's, put them in my J-Tank and again i was in vaping heaven. You can do some serious chain vaping with these.

Now to the point, do the 501 Diamond fit the J-tanks as the Boge's do? Because if they do I will look no further for Boge replacements.

Thanks!

PS. Again sorry for the "missing" 501-801 adapters misunderstanding :oops:
No apologies necessary Gatillero! I'm just happy that they were found. Normally folks won't say anything about discovering a missing product after they inquired about it. There is nothing but complete respect for you on this side. :)
The Diamonds have the same 35mm length as the Fusion, though the Fusion Mega is 50mm long. I say it in this fashion because I haven't quite gotten down to the office yet to pull up your detailed order. We do plan on receiving a Mega platinum 50mm Punch also in the upcoming week. The thing about the diamonds, while they are horizontal coils and work wonderfully in tanks and consume liquid at a low rate unlike verticals, the issue is the start up with removing the label. As i said before, it's a foil label which is very easy to remove, behind it is a light adhesive which can be rubbed off pretty easily. At the moment, I'm just waiting to hear feedback from our customers if we should continue with them. If it is a "Yes", then we'll continue to support development as in having the stickers removed, making a Mega and possibly Punch variations.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
The thing about the diamonds, while they are horizontal coils and work wonderfully in tanks and consume liquid at a low rate unlike verticals, the issue is the start up with removing the label. As i said before, it's a foil label which is very easy to remove, behind it is a light adhesive which can be rubbed off pretty easily. At the moment, I'm just waiting to hear feedback from our customers if we should continue with them. If it is a "Yes", then we'll continue to support development as in having the stickers removed, making a Mega and possibly Punch variations.

That sounds pretty good. I do notice that the tanks consume a lot of juice. This could be the answer to that situation. I am excited.

JParadise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2012
Jersey (via Bklyn)
Curious to see what others think of these. I just got mine yesterday and set one up in my LavaTank this morning. Not having much luck so far.

The labels are not a big deal, they peel off easily and the adhesive rubs off very easily with a dab of alcohol leaving a nice clean carto.

After punching 2 good holes, I did what I thought was a very thorough fill in the carto itself I got well over a full ml of juice in there. Put it in the tank and filled the tank. Got some bubbles coming out of the holes at first and let the whole thing rest and soak for about 20 minutes.

First few puffs were great. Clean taste, good vapor, good overall performance. Very quickly though I started getting dry hits. The carto doesn't seem to be wicking through the holes but that could be my fault on the holes, even though they look good and are what I normally use with no issue.

My concern though is even if it was not in a tank with the amount of juice I got to soak into the carto it should not be dry this quickly. I am vaping on a mechanical mod with a Kick at 8.5 watts, far from an extreme voltage for a 2.7 ohm carto. I popped it onto a vv mod at 4.0 volts and was still getting burning filler taste. I'll probably pull it out and try a brand new one again later today when I get a chance and see if maybe I just had a bad one. Hopefully that's the case as i was hoping these would be the new go-to carto.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Where are the hole located. Try moving them up or down a bit. I haven't tried these yet but will soon. With Fusions I try to get the holes as low as possible but the pre punched fusions are higher. Another thing you might try is enlarging your holes. I know I used to make mine bigger when I got dry hits and it seemed to work pretty good.

LegioX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
Curious to see what others think of these. I just got mine yesterday and set one up in my LavaTank this morning. Not having much luck so far.

The labels are not a big deal, they peel off easily and the adhesive rubs off very easily with a dab of alcohol leaving a nice clean carto.

After punching 2 good holes, I did what I thought was a very thorough fill in the carto itself I got well over a full ml of juice in there. Put it in the tank and filled the tank. Got some bubbles coming out of the holes at first and let the whole thing rest and soak for about 20 minutes.

First few puffs were great. Clean taste, good vapor, good overall performance. Very quickly though I started getting dry hits. The carto doesn't seem to be wicking through the holes but that could be my fault on the holes, even though they look good and are what I normally use with no issue.

My concern though is even if it was not in a tank with the amount of juice I got to soak into the carto it should not be dry this quickly. I am vaping on a mechanical mod with a Kick at 8.5 watts, far from an extreme voltage for a 2.7 ohm carto. I popped it onto a vv mod at 4.0 volts and was still getting burning filler taste. I'll probably pull it out and try a brand new one again later today when I get a chance and see if maybe I just had a bad one. Hopefully that's the case as i was hoping these would be the new go-to carto.

I think these things absorb a LOT of juice. I had something similar happen when I put one in a tank. Only thing I can think of is I didn't move the juice far enough down the cartomizer by shaking it and the bottom was still dry, but like you I thought I had put a ton of juice into it. Maybe they hold more juice than we think.

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
The carto doesn't seem to be wicking through the holes but that could be my fault on the holes, even though they look good and are what I normally use with no issue.

Maybe the filler was compressed at the point of punching, enough that it doesn't wick well at the entrance. Might try using the point of a needle to pick at the filler and fluff it up a bit.

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland

I had exactly the same experience. First I was really excited to tell everybody they were REAL easy to unwrap and clean. But I couldn't get it to wick no matter what I tried. I had 2 good size holes in it and had let it soak really good. I'll try the other one in the next day or so.

sashwa

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Alcatraz
My experience with the 510 diamonds:

I haven't tried using in a tank yet but did try one with my vvwoodvil which is a bottom feeder. From the start I found the draw real stiff but the flavor of my juice was good. By the time I had used less than 3ml of juice, it was really hard to draw. My juice was BWB Dulce that is light and 70pg/30vg that I have never had problems with it gumming up my cartos.

I prefer the 510 2.5 plats in for both my BP with a Phiniac tank and my VVW. The draw with these is between the Fusions and the diamonds.

Matt815

ECF Veteran
If they are like the kanger cartos I would punch 4 holes in them 2 in the bottom and 2 at the top. Stager the two on the top opposite the two on the bottom. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349114469.109002.jpg hope the picture works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread