510 diamond cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JParadise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2012
Jersey (via Bklyn)
So I tossed that last carto and cleaned out my tank. It had started working a little bit better but after a few pulls still went dry. I think the juice might have been too thick (unsure oif the mix but it's VG heavy).

I got a new bullet valve punch (works awesome fyi) and swapped out to a LR Diamond. Now we have something here! Wicking perfectly, flavor is great. It is a fairly stiff draw but not too stiff that I mind it. I've been chain vaping on it and it's keeping up with me over half a tank full in. If the rest owrk like this then this is a 100% winner. Not sure if there is a difference between the SR and LR versions or if it was the other juice, either way I am digging these right now.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Well I've been vaping on this Diamond LR for a couple of days and I haven't gotten a dry hit yet. The filler seems to have a taste to it though, not a bad taste but a taste. They don't have that wet vapor that Fusions have but they still put out a lot of vapor. They also have an easier puff, not as tight as the Fusion does. So for those looking for those qualities here is the one you need. BTW after reading the other posts I put 3 holes in it about the same place the Fusion Puch has it's holes. About mid way. I use 100% PG too.

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I wonder when iken vape will be back in stock

Here's what he said in the other post:
Deja vu?
Yep! The holiday had slowed down everything on us.
We're expecting them any day now.
Here's the line up:

ARRIVED
510 atomizer XLR 1.5
510 atomizer LR 1.8
510 atomizer SR 2.5
510 atomizer HR 3.5

IN TRANSIT
Fusion LR 2.0
Fusion SR 2.5
Fusion SR 2.5 Punch!
Fusion Mega SR 2.5
Fusion Mega SR 2.5 Punch!

510 Platinum SR 2.5
510 Platinum SR 2.5 Punch
510 Platinum SR 2.5 Mega
510 Platinum SR 2.5 Mega Punch!
510 Platinum LR 2.0
510 Platinum LR 2.0 Mega Punch!

Mega Fusion (Platinum compatible) Tanks

I believe he still has Diamond LR in stock.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Isac, I see that you either own or have something to do with ikenvape. I have heard a LOT of great reviews on some of your cartomizers. I guess what I'm really wondering/curious about is.. Do you actually make these cartos yourself, or have them made specially for you? I don't get it. You get such rave reviews from people that have tried it all, and i'm just wondering if your product is proprietary to your brand, or if you brand name a product that is in stock across the US market?

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
He listens to what people want then engineers and designs them himself then has them made to his specs. It's more cost effective for him and us that way. The tale going around that they're cheating him and making them for other venders is just that, a fairytale.
BTW I have used many good cartos and attys but none as good or that last as long as his or I wouldn't be buying his. They are the best.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Well I've been vaping on this Diamond LR for a couple of days and I haven't gotten a dry hit yet. The filler seems to have a taste to it though, not a bad taste but a taste. They don't have that wet vapor that Fusions have but they still put out a lot of vapor. They also have an easier puff, not as tight as the Fusion does. So for those looking for those qualities here is the one you need. BTW after reading the other posts I put 3 holes in it about the same place the Fusion Puch has it's holes. About mid way. I use 100% PG too.

I WAS WRONG The filler didn't have the taste I finally found out it was the juice. I don't think I cleaned the glue off well enough or that tankful of juice got tainted somehow. I apologize for posting bum info but wanted to straighten it out. The carto is still working great BTW.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Isac, I see that you either own or have something to do with ikenvape. I have heard a LOT of great reviews on some of your cartomizers. I guess what I'm really wondering/curious about is.. Do you actually make these cartos yourself, or have them made specially for you? I don't get it. You get such rave reviews from people that have tried it all, and i'm just wondering if your product is proprietary to your brand, or if you brand name a product that is in stock across the US market?
Hi Plumes,
Yep J5 up there got it right. Most things get developed via skype video with engineers with me. Anything is possible with great communication. There were a good amount of things that started inhouse then shown over video on how to do things then the project would move out and be made by a factory. Also we take existing items and have the factories install our own supplies that we send over. It gets tough sometimes when dealing with a new factory as a tremendous amount of trust is required. The io6 for example is something we hold dear, this model gets made by 2 different factories. Things like e-liquid carries a heavy cost like the Ry4, it's very difficult to keep in stock and when people rave about it, it just makes a huge ear to ear smile because of the work that went into creating it. Many of our products carry a heavy amount of emotion in them and when we hear there's a mishap or something wrong, it actually hurts a bit.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Many of our products carry a heavy amount of emotion in them and when we hear there's a mishap or something wrong, it actually hurts a bit.
That's because they're the best.

Call me a fanboy if you will or whatever else you want to but I've tried the rest and as a matter of fact ended up giving them away after trying Ikenvape products. That's no BS and it amounted to quite a stash I passed on to others but in the end Ikenvape products are actually cheaper too because of how long they last.

Last edited:

snowdog9

Apr 28, 2011
kirkland, wa
Hate to resurrect this thread...but I am still having issues punching these things for tank use.

Maybe slotting them with a dremel is the way to go...punching 3 or 4 holes in these things has been problematic for me. My experiments with hole size and placement is getting expensive (leaky cartos and wasted juice).

Any additional tips are welcome...even if it is just confirmation of the ones already in here.

Thanks in advance.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Hate to resurrect this thread...but I am still having issues punching these things for tank use.

Maybe slotting them with a dremel is the way to go...punching 3 or 4 holes in these things has been problematic for me. My experiments with hole size and placement is getting expensive (leaky cartos and wasted juice).

Any additional tips are welcome...even if it is just confirmation of the ones already in here.

Thanks in advance.

You are punching them to deep so the juice is going into the center tube. They will leak like a sieve when that happens. I barely get a hole started then I work it out with an awl so that doesn't happen. I use the pre punched ones now. The same with the Dremel, make sure not to go to deep. The leak could be from somewhere else. Tanks work on a vaccum system. If air leaks in juice leaks out. Try this, hold your finger over the battery end to plug it off so no air gets in. Then watch in the mirror while you draw in real hard. You will see tiny air bubbles at the spot of your leak. You might have to turn it to find the spot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread