Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all I recently bought a 510 - T (innokin AIO) model that is my first e-cig with not so great results!

I'm using juice from Cold Turkey - 70 Vg 30 PG

After a bit of research I think I'm getting what is called dry hits? Tastes harsh, not much flavour at all, lots of vapour on exhale though, I can feel harshness on the back of my throat on pulls and sometimes on my tongue too.

I've already spent close to $100 CND on all this and would like to know what the cheapest solution is!

I like the AIO unit it is small and portable with the PCC, and I only really smoke socially with friends, but I just want something that works without me being tentative if the hit is going to be regretfully harsh. It's not bad if I constantly drink some kind or juice or beer but that's a bit annoying!

What would you do?

thanks Warhawk - it's a brand new unit though and I've had the problem since new? Should I still try to clean it out?

In terms of modifying the tank - I have no problem with the draw, there is a ton of vapour coming out when I exhale, at least I think so compared to a normal cigarette! I will try it regardless.

Someone else mentioned the VG content may be too high - should I test it by just diluting with water and see if it's better?

Daryl Glen

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2013
Titusville, FL, USA
www.youtube.com
I too started out with the 510 T set up. I quickly learned that there are better solutions out there. I would go with an ego twist battery, and a dual coil cartomizer. Alt Smoke sells both of these things, but I would go to You Tube to research both of these items. Once I got off the 510 T, I was MUCH happier! Hang in there though, you will find what works for you!

I too started out with the 510 T set up. I quickly learned that there are better solutions out there. I would go with an ego twist battery, and a dual coil cartomizer. Alt Smoke sells both of these things, but I would go to You Tube to research both of these items. Once I got off the 510 T, I was MUCH happier! Hang in there though, you will find what works for you!

Thanks Daryl, I may have to switch but I like the PCC from AIO - I only smoke when I go out with friends and I like the small PCC - I assume changing batter and cartomizer I wouldn't be able to use the same PCC? Assuming I can't just change to dual coil cartmizers with the battery I have

Daryl Glen

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2013
Titusville, FL, USA
www.youtube.com
Twist.jpg Mega.jpg
I don't know if I did it right, but I attached pictures of the twist and the cartomizer I used when I got away from the 510-t. Once I went here, it opened up everything else for me, and it's not expensive at all.

Daryl Glen

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2013
Titusville, FL, USA
www.youtube.com
There are smaller carts and the smaller twists are easy to handle and transport. My wife had that setup for a long time, before we moved to the bigger APV's. Besides, I would rather sacrifice a LITTLE space for a better experience. Anyway, good luck to you, and keep on doing what you're doing. You'll find the right solution for yourself!

Thanks for the encouragement Daryl, I may move up oneday, just want to make use of the PCC and 510 battery I currently have..looking to get cartomizers and a high PG e-juice to mix/dilute the ejuice I currently have at 70Vg, just so that it doesn't go to waste! Still don't feel I've experienced an e-cig until I get this thing working properly!

brfrompa

Sep 13, 2013
Emmaus, PA
Well it isn't cigarette sized for a small unit I really love my iTaste vv. It has a lot of features of the evic type electronic heads but in a , i would guess, 1000mah twist size. If you don't like to play with voltage and worry about the resistance/ohms of your carto then set it to 7 watts and it will take care of all the volts stuff for you regardless of resistance changes on different cartos. More expensive than a twist, though, in the $45 range. Shop around you might find it cheaper. Buy a box of black Boge Dual Coil cartomizers in the 2.2 - 2.4 ohm range and you have a nice set up. Fill a carto up (see vids on that) and you are good for a couple hours or more of nice vaping. I use LR (low resistance) cartos so i can use them on a mechanical mod but a little higher ohms should give you 7 watts or so at 4 volts and that should be a nice comfortable operating range for an itaste VV ( or a twist). I use an iClear 16 Clearomizer on it too, Boge cartos and the 16 just work like gang busters for me.
Brent

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
thanks Warhawk - it's a brand new unit though and I've had the problem since new? Should I still try to clean it out?

In terms of modifying the tank - I have no problem with the draw, there is a ton of vapour coming out when I exhale, at least I think so compared to a normal cigarette! I will try it regardless.

Someone else mentioned the VG content may be too high - should I test it by just diluting with water and see if it's better?
Couldn't hurt...sometimes the draw on those get a bit tight...I know I got a Totally Wicked Titan Tank, one atomizer was VERY hard to get hits thru, the other one hit fine...might be the way they put the wick in the "tank pierce" neck that draws the fluid down to the coil?

And yes...thicker fluid does seem to be an issue too

This is what a 510-T atomizer looks like taken apart
Tank-Atomizer-and-Cartriges-510-.jpg

510-T_EGO_tank_atomizer_2_1024x1024.jpg

See the little pierce neck spike...I believe they have metal mesh in there as a pre-wick to pull the fluid down to the coil and wick inside the can...maybe a needle or something to see if you can clear that hole.

Could also try this

Pop out the spike...do the baking soda clean...clean out the spike to make sure its not clogged up, put back in

Last edited:
Thanks, yeah I tried cleaning it out and leaving it out over night to dry, I think I'm going to move on lol..

ANy suggestions for cartomizers or atomizers/tanks that work well with 70 VG? I was reading about the Smoktech shortys?

Preferably available with Canada shipping!

I will probably just buy some high PG juice and mix it so as not to waste the juice I have, to lower the VG content...too bad the Cold turkey juice smells so nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread