510 to Ego adapter thread fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

João Pedro Domingues

Jan 3, 2016
Hi,

This is my first post in this forum i hope it's helpful.

So i got a new battery that came with a 510 connection.My atomizer has a Ego connection so i used an adapter.

After droping the cigarette 3 times is chiped off the threads on the 510 part of the adapter.

SOLUTION:

If you have a soldering iron at hand just try and spread a little bit of solder on the 510 threads like a thin layer.

It worked for me!

TIP:

When you screw it after the fix do it slowly to allow the solder to adapt to de female threads.

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU!

João Pedro Domingues

Jan 3, 2016
You need to get solder for potable water applications at least.
Me to you... if it doesn't say food-safe on the label, don't use it. Plumbing solder would probably be OK, but don't go using any old solder.

PLEASE be safe.

Cheers
I
Now you'r just being crazy the solder wont warm up enough to release any chemicals but if you're still afraid of it just go ahead and buy lead free solder

João Pedro Domingues

Jan 3, 2016
But will the lead leach out of the alloy in the presence of e-liquid and/or an electric current?
What chemicals are in the flux? How will the abraded pieces react to those conditions?

I'm not knocking the idea, just suggesting some tin/ALU foil might be safer and easier.

Cheers
I've tried alu foil it didnt work :/ i'm getting what you're trying to say but i don't think it's that much of a problem for a quick solution like this

João Pedro Domingues

Jan 3, 2016
What kind of battery/device are you having a problem with?
Is it possible to replace or upgrade the 510 female connection?
If it's an ego/pen style... Bin it and get another.

Cheers
I
I've already replaced the adapter, i have a BOU digital battery with a 510 connection and my attomizer is a Kangertech E-Vod . The problem i had was with the adapter that goes between them. the threads on the adapter's 510 end were mashed up so i just put a little drop of solder onto it and it worked for some time (until i dropped it again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread