510 usage and maintenance instructions from Joye Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis
Yeah that makes sense!

I wait until the atomizer does not feel hot and then pull again usually about 20 seconds before each pull

One more question..I keep reading about using the method of dripping..which is one of the big plus of the 510 because we do not have to worry about burning out the battery, but the part i do not understand is after you put the 1-2 drops on the atomizer is do we just replace the cartridge on top of it with the filling in it? and then pull?

i looked all over the forums and only thing i can find is people say to put the original cap on, i have no idea what that means?

If we do not put back the cartridge in how else do we pull?

so the cartridge has to be empty before we can drip right?

What you have probably read is how some people just drip a couple or 3 drops directly on the atomizer and then put on the original cap which has no filling in it. When a person does this they are simply vaping off the juice which has absorbed onto the atomizer. Sure you can do this, but as Olderthandirt said, just drip on the atomizer and then top off your cart and vape away!

denec

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2009
NYC
What you have probably read is how some people just drip a couple or 3 drops directly on the atomizer and then put on the original cap which has no filling in it. When a person does this they are simply vaping off the juice which has absorbed onto the atomizer. Sure you can do this, but as Olderthandirt said, just drip on the atomizer and then top off your cart and vape away!

I am going to do the way olderthandirt said but i still not sure what you talking about

then put on the original cap which has no filling in it.

this is the part that really confuses me lets say i wanted to try it that way in case i got a new flavor i dont know how about doing it for curioisty

I dont have an original cap? i dont remember seeing an original cap anywhere? I got mine from Widow bead work set...and there was no cap anyway except that went on the end of the cartridge itself which was little plastic covering but i took that off before inserting the cartridge into the atomizer. I am assuming that cnanot be it becuase where would i put that?

unless i am having a total mindfreeze...otherwise i will just go with the plan above and just put a fw drops in the cartrtidge and then 1-2 drops in the atomizer

rsngfrce

ECF Veteran
this is the part that really confuses me lets say i wanted to try it that way in case i got a new flavor i dont know how about doing it for curioisty

I dont have an original cap? i dont remember seeing an original cap anywhere? I got mine from Widow bead work set...and there was no cap anyway except that went on the end of the cartridge itself which was little plastic covering but i took that off before inserting the cartridge into the atomizer. I am assuming that cnanot be it becuase where would i put that?

Cap = cartridge...

C

ceejay

can someone tell me what is purified alcohol?

i now that sounds silly but i never heard of it before?

where can i get it? i think my atomizer is getting gunked up becuase now after 2 days i am having a harder time getting a good draw it use to be a lot easier now i have to draw a lot harder

isopropyl rubbing alcohol. you can get it at any local drug store

denec

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2009
NYC
isopropyl rubbing alcohol. you can get it at any local drug store

there are two types one that is 70% and one that is 99% which is better?

I have used rubbing alcohol before the one with 99% to clean thermal paste off of my cpu...I just was not sure if it better to use?

Will it not leave some sort of aftertaste in there?

C

ceejay

there are two types one that is 70% and one that is 99% which is better?

I have used rubbing alcohol before the one with 99% to clean thermal paste off of my cpu...I just was not sure if it better to use?

Will it not leave some sort of aftertaste in there?

doesn't matter which one you use i think. but 99% might work better since it's a higher %. you rinse it with water after you soak it. doesn't leave any aftertaste

testerjtester

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Seattle, WA
[FONT="]Grand cleaning operation[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
[FONT="]Sometimes you might think your atomizer is dead, because smoke reduces significantly. In this case you can do the following: [/FONT]

[FONT="]-[/FONT][FONT="]Take out the cartridge and mouthpiece and battery.[/FONT]

[FONT="]-[/FONT][FONT="]Clean contact points of battery and atomizer with purified alcohol.[/FONT]

[FONT="]-[/FONT][FONT="]Take the atomizer with the big opening up and pour purified alcohol inside. Shake the atomizer for at least 2 minutes, drain the alcohol through the small hole at the other side and repeat this at least 3 times[/FONT]

[FONT="]-[/FONT][FONT="]Rinse the atomizer with hot water and let it dry for 16 hours standing up.[/FONT]

[FONT="]-[/FONT][FONT="]After 16 hours, if your atomizer is dry, you can put in a new cartridge and new battery. Your cigarette will work normal again.[/FONT]

Well, I finally had a couple of atomizers get bad enough to try the "Grand cleaning", and can't actually do it as written, because when I pour the alcohol inside the open end, even if I hold my finger over the battery connector end, the alcohol spills out through the 2 airholes in the side of the connector, so I can't actually shake it up with the alchohol remaining inside.

Tried to scrounge some sort of cap to stick on the end, and couldn't find anything likely. Then I thought about trying it with a manual battery connected, but the instructions specifically say to disconnect the battery, so I decided to check in here to see if anyone had the same problem and found a better solution.

Any ideas as to how to keep the alcohol inside the atomizer while shaking it for 2 minutes?

Thanks!
Tim

need_2quit

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
usa
i keep mine pretty clean by pulling the cart and vaping on the atomizer tube itself. Get a TON of vapor.

when it dwindles, i put the cart back on and continue to vape until i need to top it off again.

these carts hold alot of juice and it's easy for the bridge to stay soaked. you'll think the cart is dry, but when you pull it there is plenty of juice still in the cart (cart filling isn't white)....

it's easy to enthusiastically overfill = the bridge doesn't draw any more than it has too, so the bridge needs an occasional drying down by dry vaping.

great cleaning tips from Joye. Appreciate the post!

1010chrissy

Moved On
Mar 24, 2009
Well, I finally had a couple of atomizers get bad enough to try the "Grand cleaning", and can't actually do it as written, because when I pour the alcohol inside the open end, even if I hold my finger over the battery connector end, the alcohol spills out through the 2 airholes in the side of the connector, so I can't actually shake it up with the alchohol remaining inside.

Tried to scrounge some sort of cap to stick on the end, and couldn't find anything likely. Then I thought about trying it with a manual battery connected, but the instructions specifically say to disconnect the battery, so I decided to check in here to see if anyone had the same problem and found a better solution.

Any ideas as to how to keep the alcohol inside the atomizer while shaking it for 2 minutes?

Thanks!
Tim

I had the same problem. So I poured the alcohol in the big hole on top and swiftly and quickly turned it upside down so the small holes are now on top. It can be done before all the iso leaks out. It worked with just the slightest splash of alcohol coming out the side holes..

1010chrissy

Moved On
Mar 24, 2009
It seems like every time I clean the attys they take forever to get going well again. I did the instructions reccomended by the manufacturer and they are not barely working now (dura c). So I just tried oven cleaner on One atty. I will soak it over night in alcohol to thouroughly rinse the oven cleaner off and blow the heck out of it tommorrow. WIll let you all know how that works out. It cant get worse for sure.
10-10

renderwerks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
SoCal - The IE
Hi All-

New member, first post. I was looking for cleaning suggestions for attys. I've cleaned mine with 91% iso alcohol. I place an atty or two in a 35mm film canister and let soak for 5-10 minutes. Give it a swirl several times during the soak. Give them a second bath in distilled water. I set them cart end down on paper towels and let them dry overnight. Seems to work great. I even clean new ones to get the manufacturing residue out of them (yech). 8-o

Additionally, I have had one develop a slight "burned plastic" taste. Upon close inspection, I found strands of the poly wool stuck under the bridge in the braid. Careful extraction with tweezers fixed the bad taste.

Cheers-

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread