RDA 528 Customs Goon vs Goon LP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitechapel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Willoughby Hills, OH
I want to get a dripper. A NICE dripper. I am sold on the Goon. I want the atty to be black to match my mod. I noticed there is also a Goon Low Profile I can get for 5 bucks more. It just looks like a more compact version of the Goon. And I can't say for sure, but since the vapor has to travel less the taste would be better on the LP? What are the main differences between these two atties?

I also found the LP for 60 shipped on Element Vapes, the regular Goon is completely out of stock.

nvadave

Nov 28, 2016
I only own the Goon, but I agree that the lower profile could give you better flavor. Having said that, my Goon gives me some of the best flavor and airflow I've had yet. It's definitely my favorite rda. I'm sure the LP is a nice dripper, but I can say with confidence that you won't be disappointed with the original.

Khanninnarh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2016
I have both. And I will advise you to get the original. Goon LP is not a bad RDA. But is a bit of a pain to build. I resorted to building only one coil on it which is pretty good by the way.
cf07314abc51a03b0b87bf781ce3868a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
I have both. And I will advise you to get the original. Goon LP is not a bad RDA. But is a bit of a pain to build. I resorted to building only one coil on it which is pretty good by the way.
cf07314abc51a03b0b87bf781ce3868a.jpg

You don't feel the heat from that coil so close to the top?

Reactions: Kprthevapr

souskei

Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
california
I have the goon LP and it's a great rda, except the fact that the included drip tip is kinda big for what the purpose of the LP is meant for. I ended up using the adaptor from the Big Baby Beast with the Merlin mini drip tip on the LP and it has been a much better flavor vape than the included tip. It is a slight pain to build on, but once you get a coil you like -- in it, then its all good. I personal love it.

Mojo Cho Cho

Jan 7, 2017
I have the Goon and have friends who have the LP. I love my regular Goon, but it seems like they tried to hard to make the Goon LP like the full-size Goon. It results in a massive block with lots of screws for a small little thing. I don't think you'd be disappointed in it, but I'd say either get the regular Goon or look into another low profile RDA.

Reactions: Khanninnarh

EvlSmrk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
Pulaski, NY
I currently have an original Goon, and am considering a Goon LP, but only for use on my Frankenskull. I like what 528 did with the build deck to make it a low profile, but it seems to me like it couldn't possibly hold enough juice to really enjoy it, unless you're squonking with it. Just my opinion. Between the two, I would think that the original is easier to build with, but the LP would be better for flavor.

Khanninnarh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2016
I currently have an original Goon, and am considering a Goon LP, but only for use on my Frankenskull. I like what 528 did with the build deck to make it a low profile, but it seems to me like it couldn't possibly hold enough juice to really enjoy it, unless you're squonking with it. Just my opinion. Between the two, I would think that the original is easier to build with, but the LP would be better for flavor.

I have both. But in my humble opinion I do not think the flavor of the LP is better than the Goon 24. If flavor is important I will recommend the

CSMNT for dual coils. great flavor. About 15 to 20% better than the original Goon. I have a 4mm coil in thee at the moment.

Hadaly for single coil flavor RDA. Will not put out as warm a vape as a dual coil RDA. but has great flavor. I test all new juices in this RDA first.

The LP is not a bad RDA. don't get me wrong. I'm just contented to use normal round SS wire at 2.5mm diameter in this RDA. As there is less cotton there is a need to constantly drip.

or single coil where the coil straddles the post. In this scenario the coil can be 3 to 3.5mm and there is more space to hold "some" liquid if the wick just rests on the deck. Not too Long a wick.

d01bf74c750e62fe4d5c93e6a396848f.jpg

dataton

May 10, 2011
Rhode Island
A lot of people are saying that the LP is too much of a PITA to build on for a nominal increase in flavor over the Goon. Take this with a grain of salt, but my experience with the LP has been positive. I have no issue building it, the o-rings on mine are perfectly fine, and the flavor is better than average.

I also had an original Goon a while ago that I traded away because I did not really like the vape it gave me. Again, this is opposite of what most people will tell you, but it is my experience. If you have little to no experience building, I would probably recommend the og Goon, but if you just like the LP better on looks and included accessories, I would not discourage you from picking it up. As long as you have the right tools, take your time, and are careful, you will be able to figure out how to build it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread