5Volt Pass-through ruined my vaping experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZERO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
people's republic
This is the link to the 5V 2000mA wall charger that is sold out that I purchased... I should have bought more...
dead.gif

USB Power Adapter AC Dual Adapter

Fast Charging Great for iPhones

USB Dual Ports Output: 5.0V DC +/- 5%
2.7"L x 2.0"W x 0.7"H
2Amps Power = FAST Charging
Powerful USB Dual Power Adapter only $1.95

Power Weight
• Input: 100-240 VAC 50/60HZ 3.0 oz
• Output: 5.0V DC +/- 5%
• Current (1 port): 2A Dimensions
• Current (2 port): 1A 2.7"L x 2.0"W x 0.7"H

2 USB ports in one sleek lightweight package.
2Amps Charging Power.
4 Times more than most USB chargers.
Fast Charging Dual USB Port
Collapsible plug

USB Dual Power Adapter

bhima

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
I just got my 5v USB wall charger and ordered the 5v PS from rockymountainvapor (all their 510 PS are the 5v non-battery versions according to rockymountainvapor... I'll find out when I receive it this week). What I hope 5V vaping does is give me more vapor/flavor in a shorter drag. If this turns out to be true, I will probably put an order in for a prodigy V2!

bhima

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
So i received my 5v PT today and have it plugged into the adapter that was suggested in this thread and I have to say, the vapor production is in fact, worse than my standard inline battery PT. Maybe i'm doing something wrong, but i've tested it on the same atomizer, with the same juice but its not working that great. Maybe I got a bad unit. I'll toy with it some more and see if i can get it to work properly.

Quick question to those that own a 5v PT: does the button on your PT stick out alot less than that on your original 510 batteries? The button on my new PT is almost flush with the device whereas my 510 batts and my old PT button sticks up alot more.

Another strange observation: I think my PT has a cutoff of about 6 seconds. After 6 seconds it blinks a few times then stops and I have to hit the button again. Anyone else's do that?

Last edited:

bhima

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
I'm testing it with both the 5v 2000ma wall adapter and my PC's USB port. Both seem to work the same. I find that to get a vape as intended by the device, I have to hold the button for about 3 secs, take a slight drag, let go, hit the button again for 5 secs and take another drag. This seems to work ok. I might shoot rockymountainvapor a quick e-mail regarding the device though.

Where did you get yours from again?

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
This is the link to the 5V 2000mA wall charger that is sold out that I purchased... I should have bought more...
dead.gif

USB Power Adapter AC Dual Adapter

Fast Charging Great for iPhones

USB Dual Ports Output: 5.0V DC +/- 5%
2.7"L x 2.0"W x 0.7"H
2Amps Power = FAST Charging
Powerful USB Dual Power Adapter only $1.95

Power Weight
• Input: 100-240 VAC 50/60HZ 3.0 oz
• Output: 5.0V DC +/- 5%
• Current (1 port): 2A Dimensions
• Current (2 port): 1A 2.7"L x 2.0"W x 0.7"H

2 USB ports in one sleek lightweight package.
2Amps Charging Power.
4 Times more than most USB chargers.
Fast Charging Dual USB Port
Collapsible plug

USB Dual Power Adapter
ZERO, I also squeaked in under the wire and got one of those. Question: Is it providing 2 Amps to each of the two USB ports or 2 Amps total (i.e., only 1,000 mA each).

So far, I just been using it to charge batteries, but I've got a 5V PT on order (Kr8 from Vapor4Life for use with my penstyle attys).

southwestern vapor

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Sorry to hear about your misfortune bhima but it looks like you got a bad unit. The button on my 5v is exactly like my stock 510 batts. Also you should not be getting cut off after 6 seconds. I use mine to clean my atties using the method in the thread listed below and I can hold the button down for like 20-30 seconds before I get the cutoff. I would just return it.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/69834-my-atty-resurrection-method.html

bettyboop

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2008
Somerset,Pa
I have the 5v PT from electronicstix..I use a 510-801 adapter with 801 or joye 302 atty..
discovered thru trial and error that: This is the only set up that will work perfectly with my car adapter.
The 510 atty with 5vPT will barely produce any vapor with the car adapter.
also and this is weird..only the platinum 302's work with the PT, the black 302 just make it flash.

and I am not 100% sure but a new dse 801 just stopped working after one day with the 5v PT. Does anyone think that the 5vPT should only use a high volt 801 atty?

I looked closer at the black atty's after I posted, the threads are a little off on the batch I got.. just back off the atty a bit and it works..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread