7 Days Off Real Cigs - BUT I feel so tired in my eyes even though I sleep - Headaches too

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to smoke 20 - 25 Silk Cut Purples and towards the last weeks of smoking Silk Cut SIlver (Extra extra mild) a day since the year 2000.

Silk Cut Purple is 0.3mg Nicotine and Tar content is 3 mg - Silk Cut Silver is 0.1mg Nicotine 0.1 mg Tar.

I smoked 95% of the time when I am working from my PC I literally NEVER craved one unless I was working at my PC. Make of that what you will.

I knew about e-cigs but wasn't prepared to spend £70 for a kit that I was convinced wouldn't work.
I didn't know anyone who smoked e-cigs either so I had no point of reference.

One day in a garage, I spent £6.50 on a disposable. Expecting the absolute worst (Because it was disposable)
I was SHOCKED! It felt to me like I was just smoking a different stronger brand...and the vapor! OMG a revelation and I was excited.

I wanted the closest thing to a real cig in size so I went for the e-puffer Colibri - It was disappointing. No throat hit compared to the disposable, the cartridges were dried up in an hour it was also very heavy despite its size.
The worst was it made my tongue sore and numb on the tip whilst leaving a nasty chemical after taste in my mouth.

So I watched a few video reviews and went for the Liberro Realis which is the same size as a real cig and lighter then the Colibri but more importantly, the cartridges were clearly advertised as refillable so I bought tons of e-juice and a tester sampler kit from Johnson Creek.

I LOVE the Johnson's Creek Black Cherry flavor, it gives a good TH and tastes and smells lovely. \

Perhaps stupidly as a rookie, I ordered 24mg strength in that. I also use another liquid brand liquid called "Silky" (like Silk Cut meant to be) I think that is 18mg strength.

I think I have been vaping too much perhaps. I suspect its the awareness that I am not smoking for real so I use the e-cig more than I should or would plus it never burns down so its always "on hand"

I refill the cartridge 3 or 4 perhaps even 5 times a day from 9am to midnight if I am sat at the PC for most of that time.

I am having a physical issue that I have never experienced in my life.

I wake up after a good undisturbed nights sleep and my eyes feel like I haven't slept at all.

I am sure I don't feel sleepy or drowsy but if I do manage to take a nap my eyes feel a lot better and they always feel better at night regardless for some reason.

Yesterday I noticed I was yawning a lot too and as they day drew to an end...I just wanted to go to bed...partly due to a mild depression and partly cause my eyes make me feel like I should be asleep.

I don't like this feeling at all. It bothers me a lot. Not sure why...I just feel like I haven't slept when I KNOW I have....and deeply cause I don't even get up to go to the loo which I can do at nights.

I have also been getting banging headaches....that don't go away with PKs.

I realise the 24mg strength and vaping too much has more than likely caused Nicotine OD symptoms so I am now aware of that and will only use the e-cig when I crave one and use an 18mg strength juice.

I tried 0.6 from e-puffer (that came in the throw away cartridges) but the TH was too weak...maybe I was not vaping correctly...dragging too hard....I have learnt to draw slowly and that gets a better TH.

Anyway, anyone else suffered tired eyes and feeling of being tired even when you have no reason to be?

PS - I have had periods of illness where I stopped smoking for 2 months and I never got this tired feeling so I don't think its withdrawal.

rebuilder

Apr 28, 2012
UK
For me it was the PG in ejuice, try and find a supplier that does a 100% VG juice and see if you notice a difference in your tiredness levels. PG has a dehydrating effect and dehydration tends to screw up your recovery during sleep.

If you find that to be the source of your problem you may still want some PG in your juice if you find 100% VG to not give you enough of a throathit.

The absorption of ejuice-nicotine is slower than in a cigarette. it can take up to 15 min. to get the same effect. so often "ex-smokers" thinking, they dont get enough nic and vape on. Result is headache.

Thanks for the replies

Yea I am 90% sure the headaches were a result of over vaping on a high strength juice so I am now making a concious effort to stop sucking the hell out of them and moved onto 18mg.

If 0.6mg had a good TH I think that would be my perfect replacement from Silk Cut.

RE: PG v VG I have researched that and about being hydrated

The thing is, I don't have a sore throat or a dry mouth, my urine isn't displaying signs of dehydration, I don't FEEL thirsty which TBH is rare for me anyway. Never been the type to "need" a drink of water. I don't know why.

I have to admit, I am on my period atm (sorry guys) and I have begun to wonder if I am actually anemic in relation to the tiredness and so I have been taking iron for the last two days.
Last night I went to sleep at 1am and got up at 9.30 and Thank The Gods, I don't have that "Did I not sleep last night cause I thought I did?" feeling.

Its very hard not to jump to automatic conclusions when we begin something new and then get new symptoms....we tend to fall into the " This is too much of a coincidence" thought process and often it really is just a coincidence.

I will keep the thread updated as one day there may be another noob, worrying about similar things.. and it may just help her or him.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Doing the math you were getting 7.5mg of nicotine per day with the cigarettes you listed. These smokes are quite low in nicotine. I recommend 8mg juice or less if you plan on vaping about 4ml per day. Double the nic if you plan on vaping half that amount.

You are feeling poorly because you are vaping 4x or more nicotine that you were getting from the low nic smokes.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Stopping smoking, even only a few a day, is an experience of withdrawal both mentally and physically. After vaping for two years and going from 40 to 50 ultra lights a day down to 6 or 8 a day, I finally quit those last 6 or 8 two weeks ago. It's too soon to expect the benefits from vaping and Not smoking, but I've experienced the dull headaches and listlessness that comes from quitting tobacco. That's fading and I've had no desire at all to smoke anymore.

It gets better with time and the most noticeable improvements come a two months and longer. The physical recovery extends over a ten year period with a significant improvement and largely noticeable good effects over the first year after you stop smoking. You gain improved lung function, your sense of smell and taste come back, and you sleep deeper and more restfully.

Last edited:

tinajfreeman

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
To reiterate what others have said, 18 mg is TOO HIGH if you are going to vape a long time, unless you are used to high nic. You used low-nic cigs. I stay around 6-12 mg nic if I am vaping for hours on end.

The headaches are probably caused by dehydration (and possibly withdrawal from tobacco). Make sure you are drinking the ENTIRE time you are vaping, vaping dehydrates you. Probably why you are not waking up to go to the loo.

janieT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
USA
I agree that 18mg is too high. I have found that one certain e-juice gives me a terrible headache so I don't use it. When I first started vaping I was so tired and someone here told me to drink more water, so I did and that really helped a lot. I've only been at this for a little over a week, but water is what I needed. I started with 6 mg nicotine, the same as MLights and I find myself vaping more than I smoked, but not much more. Good luck!

Ratchet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
24 or 18 mg juice is most likely too high for you, you are overloading your body with nic if you smoked ultra-lights before switching. I would try decreasing to 12 or even 6 mg juices. That should help with the headaches. And - WATER! Yes, even if you don't feel thirsty, drink, drink, drink...... :toast:

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
24 or 18 mg juice is most likely too high for you, you are overloading your body with nic if you smoked ultra-lights before switching. I would try decreasing to 12 or even 6 mg juices. That should help with the headaches. And - WATER! Yes, even if you don't feel thirsty, drink, drink, drink...... :toast:

Very important!

bilboda

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
Miami, FL
I ordered two strengths 24mg and 16 mg. With the 16mg I vape longer and more often. 24mg I will put it down after a bit and walk away, almost preferable cause it's less time vaping, still working it out.... and I do get thirsty :p
There were headaches at first as well, I just backed off or went to 16mg. Seems too weak though. Hmm, maybe 18mg is in my future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread