75 to 100 watt with internal battery. Does it exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rallykid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2014
Michigan
Trying to find a box for work and looking for something small. My 3li with tfv4 is great but too big. My sigelei 75 is a decent size but does not seem to produce the claimed power on a single 18650. Side by side at 70 watts there is a huge difference between the sigelei and the 3li.

I am thinking to get the power without dual 18650's it is going to require an internal battery. Is there anything that meets these needs that is reliable (that leaves out the M80) or a really small dual battery box that is recommended?

Reactions: thetrucker

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
I have my eye on an iJoy Solo mini. It's 75 watts, small, and very pretty colors. ;) It also comes in black and white, if you don't want colors. I'm not into doing my own coils yet, or temperature control, but this mod has TC as well as VW, so it seems like it would be pretty versatile. It's not even out yet, though. The release date is the 26th of this month. I still think I want one. :)

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
A DNA 200 mod with a lipo battery perhaps. Pricey though. The problem is that the battery won't last very long at 75-100w. The original asolo is quite small for a dual 18650 mod. As for single 18650 mods, 100w is simply not safely doable with a single battery. Even 75w is pushing it (unsafe with 20 amp batteries).

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

rallykid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2014
Michigan
Thanks. Looking to stay regulated but just want something that will give me a true 70 to 80 watts that is smaller than my ipv3 li. It is a great box but at work with khakis and a polo bein the required work attire it feels like a laptop in my pocket.

Maybe with a high enough amp rated battery my Sigelei 75 TC could pull it off but so far with vtc4's and 25r's it just doesn't seem to have enough umph at 70 watts compared to my dual battery boxes.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
An internal battery mod running at those wattages will go dead pretty fast. Prolly why they pretty much all have changeable batteries so you don't have to wait for several hours for it to charge back up. And passthru if it offers that will not work at those wattages either, it will just lengthen the charge in the battery a bit.

Reactions: Baditude

Spirometry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2014
New Orleans
You can do 75 watts on a single 18650 mod just fine, 0.5 Ohm @ 75 watts runs about 12 amps, Battery life on the other hand... not so much at that power ;)
Same with 100 watts on a single battery, 0.5 Ohm @ 100 watts runs about 14 amps. You -can- theoretically do it, if you obey ohms law, but that single battery is going to drain pretty damn fast.
Your math is way off.

@100 watts with a fully charged cell your at 23.81 amps
let that cell drain down to 3.1 volts and your at 32.26 amps

dimo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
You can do 75 watts on a single 18650 mod just fine, 0.5 Ohm @ 75 watts runs about 12 amps, Battery life on the other hand... not so much at that power ;)
Same with 100 watts on a single battery, 0.5 Ohm @ 100 watts runs about 14 amps. You -can- theoretically do it, if you obey ohms law, but that single battery is going to drain pretty damn fast.

I'm sorry you are incorrect. It's way more than 12 amps. 75watts should never be run on a single battery unless its at least a 30amp battery. And even then, you'll get terrible life out of it.

As an example all math below uses 72 watts as a baseline.
A .5ohm coil to run at 72 watts needs 6 volts at the coil. That's 12 amps as you suggest, but that's going to the coil. That is not what is drawn from the battery. A fully topped off battery sitting at 4.2 to produce that kind of power will need 17.1amps assuming 100% efficiency in the regulator circuit and 0 voltage drop from the battery.

Using a more realistic 90% efficiency, you'd need around 19 amps with a fully charged battery. And that's still assuming zero sag from the battery, which will never happen. There will always be voltage sag. Using ohms law, as the battery voltage drops, the amount of amps needed to maintain the wattage will need to go up. At 3.3 volts you'd need 25 amps to maintain the set wattage.

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
I'm sorry you are incorrect. It's way more than 12 amps. 75watts should never be run on a single battery unless its at least a 30amp battery. And even then, you'll get terrible life out of it.

As an example all math below uses 72 watts as a baseline.
A .5ohm coil to run at 72 watts needs 6 volts at the coil. That's 12 amps as you suggest, but that's going to the coil. That is not what is drawn from the battery. A fully topped off battery sitting at 4.2 to produce that kind of power will need 17.1amps assuming 100% efficiency in the regulator circuit and 0 voltage drop from the battery.

Using a more realistic 90% efficiency, you'd need around 19 amps with a fully charged battery. And that's still assuming zero sag from the battery, which will never happen. There will always be voltage sag. Using ohms law, as the battery voltage drops, the amount of amps needed to maintain the wattage will need to go up. At 3.3 volts you'd need 25 amps to maintain the set wattage.

Yes sorry, ignore my previous post, temporary insanity or not enough coffee. Thanks for the correction guys, I normally don't run that high of wattage myself, good to know.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
It's a shame.
Joyetech instead of coming out with a larger unit that can handle the 100 Watts with integrated battery.
Moved backwards and put out the VTC which takes a 18650 removable battery.

I've found none of the single battery mods can handle higher wattages for any period of time without sag.

The 5000mah in the Evic Vt is strong enough to handle 50-60 Watts without sag add another
1000mah and have it go up to 100 Watts and keep a smaller form factor it would be a contender.

I have a 2 bat Cloupor GT 80 but haven't been happy with the large form factor.

rallykid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2014
Michigan
Beyond being pretty fat, the Wismec Reuleaux doesn't appear overly big for a triple 18650 mod? I am not sure who would want 200 watts of power exactly, but some do I guess.

Not sure either but my ipv3 li will do it. I have never used it over 110. It is a great mod and absolutely bulletproof. If it wasn't so big for pocket carry I would even bother shopping for another mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread