Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
There's a difference between a vaper at 3mg and one at 18mg when it comes to preparedness.
I vaped 3-5ml of 18mg
I vaped 5-7ml of 12mg
I now vape about 20ml of 3mg

I've used close to the same amount of nicotine per day for the past 3.5 years

I do use a lot more VG & flavoring though

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I'll eventually go no nic so I'm not worried about that. I'm only vaping 3mg anyways.
A 10 yr supply of nic base probably would cost you only $100. Cheap insurance. And when/if you start to DIY you will wonder why you didn't start sooner. It costs me about 1/10th the price (or less depending on the flavoring percent for the recipe*) of store bought juice to make my own.

*Nic, PG and VG are cheap in bulk. Flavors are the most expensive part of DIY but they go a long way once you figure out which flavors you like and start buying them in 120ml or bigger bottles to bring down the flavoring cost per ML more.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
One way to look at it is just buying ahead, you'll use it anyway and today prices are very cheap, so buy pre taxing and you will be saving lots of $'s to vape. One regulated mod I really like is Provari Radius. Long lasting Provari quality in a box mod form.

Provari Radius should last a very long time .

Reactions: bnrkwest

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I would strongly advise against anything by Eleaf or Joytech for the long haul . Some might have good luck with them but even Phil Busardo when touring their factory was astonished at the lack of quality .

If you are looking for longevity buy mods with YiHi chipsets or DNA chipsets with preferably all aluminum enclosures.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I would strongly advise against anything by Eleaf or Joytech for the long haul . Some might have good luck with them but even Phil Busardo when touring their factory was astonished at the lack of quality .

If you are looking for longevity buy mods with YiHi chipsets or DNA chipsets with preferably all aluminum enclosures.
I watched those videos. I didn't notice busardo commenting negatively about quality control and I'm not noticing trends commenting about defects in the popular mods from them. The worst nightmare of any of those companies is putting out defective power supplies that end up hurting people. The bigger the company the more there is at stake. On the production lines there seemed to be quite a few QC people and it appeared the companies test samples of every batch of everything that comes from suppliers. In general I'm very impressed with the quality I'm buying for the prices I'm paying. I think all you're paying for with more expensive stuff is luxury features and those features always seeom to make stuff bigger and I like smaller.

The best of bursardo's factory videos was to the battery factory. If you watch that one you'll understand a lot more about your batteries. I wish he would follow up with those people and ask some safety related questions.

Reactions: aikanae1

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
The one Pico I have in service has recently been occaisionally dropping out of TC mode into power mode. May be my higher resistance builds are pushing a safety feature on the board. My vtc mini, only recently,, has been asking if there is a new coil or old coil for no apparent reason. These behaviors are a minor annoyance that I'm only paying close attention to because I might be dependent on my supply of those two devices for years to come. In general I think the chinese are very good at engineering and machining small parts. Having said that it was an american company, evolv, who came up with both watts and temp control. But having said that, it was a chinese guy who invented the modern electronic cigarette. If I could meet and talk to any person alive today it would be Han Lic.

Last edited:
Reactions: aikanae1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread