801 on 5v.

Discussion in 'DSE 801 *Penstyle*' started by Hillshire_Farms, Nov 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Hillshire_Farms

Hillshire_Farms Senior Member Verified Member

Anybody else use an 801 on 5v? I built a 5v box and tried the 801 atty on it. I really like it. And it seems to be more durable than the 510.

2. Capt' Brian

Capt' Brian Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Well, I see no other posts, but last month I bought a Madvapes 5v box mod and using a 501-801 adapter have been vaping like crazy with it.

Cinnabomb/Menthol mixture at 50/50 giving a nice warm TH + kick.

I used to switch from 3.7v at work to 5v at home, but lately the 3.7v collects dusts as the 5v tastes so much better.

3. cappadoc

cappadoc Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yup, 801 or BE 112 on 5-6 V is the best vape I've tried and I've tried 801, 901, 510, 306 all on VV. My main vape is menthol, and it is heaven.

4. pfaber11

pfaber11 Super Member ECF Veteran

I vape my 801s on a five volt usb pass through and it is excellent. i tend to go through attys quite fast though. they're averaging about 2 to 3 weeks but that's not too bad at about 4 pounds a pop from totally wicked if you buy 5 and that includes postage and packing .

5. Sojourner

Sojourner Super Member ECF Veteran

I completely agree on switching atomizer styles when bumping up to 5 volts. I was a 510 girl for a year and half with 3.7 and eGo models. When I went to the Tekk mod and now the Darwin, it's BE112 atties all the way. I think these 801 style atomizers are a match made in heaven for higher voltage. The draw, the vapor, the taste...excellent. I use a stealth 510 to 801 adapter. I love this adapter!

6. JWebb

JWebb Super Member ECF Veteran

I use the 801 from IKV on the Provari ansd ali't cranked to 51/2volts., works great!

7. KDK

KDK Senior Member ECF Veteran

801 or BE112 is all I use, and like 'em for everything from standard penstyle batteries to VV box mod. I usually get 4 weeks or more on one. Lots of vapor, not many problems, and don't have to clean often.

8. asnider123

asnider123 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I discovered the Bauman 801 cartos and liked them, but on 3.7 I was just not getting the desired effect. They went into my parts bin.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to build a 5V boxmod and chose the 801 because of the carto capacity. To my surprise, these cartos come alive at 5v. However, I think the taste is a bit harsh for my taste.

A few days ago I built a VV based on Donptal's "Poorvari" design. Again, I used the 801. This is the best combo I have found so far. Beats my CE2 tank all to heck. At 4.7v, the 801 carto works excellently. That's my "sweet spot", as they say.

I have been rotating two 801 cartos the past 2 weeks, no sign of them getting weak yet. But, just in case, I ordered 20 more cartos for backup.

My current project is a modulator mod, no idea how it will work, but it, too, will be 801-based. Just can't beat 'em, IMHO

[​IMG]
    By asnider123 at 2011-06-01

[​IMG]
    By asnider123 at 2011-06-01

9. airtractorbill1

airtractorbill1 Moved On

i use an 801 hv and a 801 pro vari lava tube leo and riva and most of the time i have a 801 atty on them i onl get the slb attys and i have one atty that has lasted me about 2 years of time i have very few that go i think in 2 years i have bought 10 and still have 6 i just dont get why people love the 510 even with the low res it still doesnt hit like a an 801 it blows my mind i wish they made more stuff for it but they dont and that sucks all my friends that vape have an 801 i let them use mine for a while and they love it my perfect vape is around 5.1v to 5.4v 24mg nic in my liquid and i only drip i made a drip on demand system for it about 6 months ago and it works like a champ

10. space0matic

space0matic Senior Member ECF Veteran

They used to sell an 801HV kit, which went to 5 volts, but was not a mod. I looked and couldn't find any batteries for it, but I found a ton of the atomizers.
    Good Luck!

11. airtractorbill1

airtractorbill1 Moved On

look on litecigusa.com they have them there but i recomend for the hv to use a a vv and u will be surprised on what the hv attys hit like on lower voltage the dont make a thread adapter for the hv that i have found so i had one made just to mess around with it out of everything i use the 801 attys are the best i have every used

12. throatkick

throatkick Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

another vote for the 801. Simply the best! I use them at 5v. They simply produce a warmer, fuller vape!

13. kcofohio

kcofohio Senior Member ECF Veteran

+1 Good balance with a stock 801, 2.8-3.2 omh, atty and a 5v. mod. We use juices with 15-20% vg.

14. airtractorbill1

airtractorbill1 Moved On

I usually use a 50 50 mix or around that on 5v

15. asnider123

OK, I know I have been a big 801 missionary, and still enjoy them with my Janty Sticks on-the-go, but I have discovered a way better setup, IMHO, the SMOK Ego Mega Dual Coil .. it holds almost 5ml of juice, and hits really good, even at 4v .. Look how big it is, not real convenient for a pocket rig, but nothing like it when sitting around watching the Super Bowl :)

eGo adapter on a 510 tube
    [​IMG]

Mounted
    [​IMG]

Pretty big LOL on an 18650 PV
    [​IMG]

Yumm ........
    [​IMG]

16. airtractorbill

airtractorbill Full Member

ansider you want some thing that will blow your socks off try one of the leo dual coil clearomizers and it will knock your socks clean off you even at 3.7 v

17. asnider123

I married a 5v mod to an 801 HV drip atty, the results are indeed yummy!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. airtractorbill

airtractorbill Full Member

dahm you have a talent for this stuff the only thing i have made was an mod box but even then i had to take it in and have someone help i shake really bad sometime so the soldiering was hard and i messed up a few befor i got some help nice work if you wanna make something cool for me that would be sweet hahahaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.