801 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDK

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2010
Fresno Ca. USA
You guys are all so technical, I don't understand half of what you are saying! I've been using the 801 since I started vaping in March and the only thing I have done is change to a straw mod with a .5" x .5" blue foam plug which has resolved an initial flooding/ leaking issue. I get good TH & vapor, I guess I've just been lucky! Also, I go on the principle of if it ain't broke, don't fix it, so I don't blow it out, soak it or anything else untill it seems have a decrease in performance. Then I just soak in 151 grain alcohol for about a half hour, rinse in hot water, then dry for 24 hours. I'm still using the same 2 atomizers since I started! I think the Vapor Fairy has blessed me. May you always have great vapor !

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I use 801 Atomizers and cartridges and after 4 months have been dissapointed with the vapor taste, I tastes like burnt wool. if anyone would give some advise it would be greatly appreciated.

As Always: wataodrk

Due to the ohm resistence in an 801, many (including myself) find they only work consistenty well on a higher power PV. When they are given the right power source (5 or 6 volt PV) and are not too old and gunked up, they can't be beat. I do think the BE112 (801 threading) from bestecig is far superior to the DSE801.

Cheeseburgermonger

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
USA
You guys are all so technical, I don't understand half of what you are saying!

Yeah. Slow something and etcetera. I'm in over my head, as well. I have an 801 and that's all I know.

My problem is that the cartomizers do not hold enough e-juice. I am refilling ones that came pre-filled, which I have since cleaned. I fill them, one drop at a time. I can only get 5 drops in them, at a time.. before they start leaking out the other side. This drives me crazy. One carto used to go for a day. Refills go for.. what.. an hour?? I don't have a ton of money to just go buying up every different sort of e-cig, trying to find the one that works the best.

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
I'm an long time fan of the low-bridge RN4072 pen and prefer prefilled carts that I top/refill until they're done for... a few days, generally.

One thing that helped me was when I got a batch of translucent carts - the (normally) white part was clear, so I could see how much juice was in there and I could see how effective my topping/refills were. That helped me understand the best techniques for really keeping the carts moist enough, rather than vaping a dry filter with some pooling on the top.

Agree that sometimes you have to blow out the atty (fix flooding).

Agree that sometimes you should vape a bit with a plain (no cart) tip before putting on a new or topped cart (prevent flooding/leakage).

Agree that you should vape a bit on a new or topped cart before putting it into a pocket or purse (prevent leakage).

Agree that old style kit batteries aren't the best for the penstyle.

I do have some high-bridge pen atomizers. All my normal cartridges are crappy in those because the bridge is too high/pressed into the cart and filter. Anyone know who sells cartridges *sized properly* for high-bridge pens? If you do, please post or shoot me a PM, I'd really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread