• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

808d-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagbard Jones

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
Maryland
Did anyone know there are three of this model? 3 different mAh settings. I was looking into this because I got some carto's in trade and they tasted horrible. I called the company and they ask me what mAh I had and which carto's was I using. At first I was like, WTF are you talking about? The sales rep explained the 3 different mAh and asked which carto's I had. That explains why 3 carto's work fine and taste great, the rest taste like spray paint. I ordered one of each battery to test against what the rep told me. I hope I am able to get good flavor out of these carto's using the different batteries.

Anyone else run in to bad tasting carto's when bought from some place other then the place you got your batteries?

Devilooman

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Indian Trail, NC
Well since I bought the VK I've only used VK cartos on it so I can't really help ya there, lol. I do use other juice in them though. I don't really like the prefilled ones sometimes they have a funny taste to me. Of course, that may be crap too since really the only ones I got from V4L were the menthol ones and they all have tobacco in them and I don't really like the tobacco taste either.

It's early... I need coffee 8-o

Hagbard Jones

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
Maryland
See, I started off with "only" menthol for mine and it is GREAT. I tend to want menthol every so often so not filling a cart and tainting an atomizer is a great option for me. The flavors I got in trade are vast, so I was trying them and straight in the trash they went. I am very interested to see if they are better with different batteries.

I have not refilled any of them. That will be something new for me, is it as easy as a 510 is to refill?

modistru

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Attleboro, MA USA
I've been into 510 stuff mostly, but since getting the Chameleon I bought some cartos from VK. Empty ones since I like my DIY (a Tobacco Absolute one & a plain menthol crystal mix). Been using the condom fill + Tayrn spin method. They hold a good amount.

Still like BFD cart mod on a 510 atty best.

Tried the VK 'Red & White' in 11mg (I vape all day, no need to be much over 12mg now). Tastes more like almonds than I like. Not too much vapor on the one cart I tried either.

Last edited:

pm2006

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
S.E. Michigan
Yes! I refilled when I first got my 808 with premade juice and all was good. I got many v4l cartos and they tasted terrible. ALL of them. I just tried a passthru last night for the first time and it tastes bad there, too. I have only tried the Mega batts so far but I just got some regular ones. Will the liquid taste different with those??

Did anyone know there are three of this model? 3 different mAh settings. I was looking into this because I got some carto's in trade and they tasted horrible. I called the company and they ask me what mAh I had and which carto's was I using. At first I was like, WTF are you talking about? The sales rep explained the 3 different mAh and asked which carto's I had. That explains why 3 carto's work fine and taste great, the rest taste like spray paint. I ordered one of each battery to test against what the rep told me. I hope I am able to get good flavor out of these carto's using the different batteries.

Anyone else run in to bad tasting carto's when bought from some place other then the place you got your batteries?

modistru

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Attleboro, MA USA
That's where the 'taryn spin' comes in. I put about 20 drops in the condom & fill from the battery end. When I see some pooling through the mouthpiece, I put it on the end on a lanyard with a rubber band, batt end/condom facing out. Give it a good spin and then push the condom on completely. Centrifugal force pushes the liquid into the filler, leaving some more room for the extra drops.

This is also a PIA to do, so I tend to wait until it is time to do a bunch.

When filling them is it okay to let the liquid pool up until it soaks in? When I do the condom method I get very little juice in the cart before it starts coming out the little hole. :) Is that okay... should I keep going or wait awhile before pushing it down further?

Devilooman

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Indian Trail, NC
I actually don't spin mine. I fill from the battery end and only push down on it until I can see the liquid at the top of the center tube. Keeping the liquid at this point (not letting it go over the top) keeps me from pushing it down too fast. When it looks a little juicy at the top, it take the condom off, put a plug and cap over the battery end and shake it like a thermometer a few times and it's good to go!

Sometimes I fill up 4 or 5 at night for the next day and sometimes I'm too danged lazy or involved in the forum to do it. They're usually good to go right away for me doing it this way so I don't worry about it too much.

pm2006

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
S.E. Michigan
I wondered why all the v4l cartos I got in a trade, tasted terrible! I used them on my 380mah mega. I have a passthru now and because I was hearing things about different hits/tastes etc. on different batts, I tried it. I put in a new flavor, Bazooka, no flavor on the passthru or the 401 but GREAT flavor and taste on the mega 808. Let me know what you find out about juices on different batt sizes so I don't have to waste juice if I don't have to. I would love the recipe BTW.

andQUOTE=Hagbard Jones;1268249]Did anyone know there are three of this model? 3 different mAh settings. I was looking into this because I got some carto's in trade and they tasted horrible. I called the company and they ask me what mAh I had and which carto's was I using. At first I was like, WTF are you talking about? The sales rep explained the 3 different mAh and asked which carto's I had. That explains why 3 carto's work fine and taste great, the rest taste like spray paint. I ordered one of each battery to test against what the rep told me. I hope I am able to get good flavor out of these carto's using the different batteries.

Anyone else run in to bad tasting carto's when bought from some place other then the place you got your batteries?[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Ok. I found a carto I like. Make that love. Classic Caramel Mocha Frappuccino. V4L Premium very nice!

Oh that sounds good! :p

Great info on cartos, Hagbard... thanks! I don't understand cartos. :confused: They all look the same to me. I bought some that made my juice taste burnt so maybe that's why.

How do we know what we should use what with? I ordered some from China but haven't tried them yet. I won some blank V4L cartos in a contest (thanks AngusATAT!) with a Laser mod and I'm looking forward to trying those... my first from V4L. I have a 5v V4L PT that someone gave me so would these work well with that because they are from the same company???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread