Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Much thanks to Oliver, and mods for all their assistance with promoting the film "A Billion Lives". If you have information about a showing, please post it here so folks can find a place in their area to be able to see the film. Per Oliver Promoters are welcome to post their showings here. Questions are fine, but I'd prefer to keep chit chat on the "Billion Lives Needs Help" thread, so showings are easier to find. Billion Lives Needs Help

Please list the City and State first, so it will be easy for folks to find, and include a link if you have one for ticket sales or information about the showing. :)

Walled Lake, Michigan November 28, 2016
https://www.tugg.com/events/a-billion-lives-dhtg

ETA: If you click this link......then click on list view. Click the drop down to search by city, you can then scroll to your state and find showings that are scheduled in the city nearest you. Of course this is dependent on them selling or reserving enough tickets.

A Billion Lives | Tugg

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Hampton, VA - November 16
https://new.tugg.com/events/a-billion-lives-xxgb

Does anyone know anything about this screening? It doesn't appear that any tickets have been sold yet.
Everyone I've heard of say they need 100 tickets sold/reserved for the showing to happen. So I imagine they have 46 reserved already. Best thing would be to look up the # and call the theater

Reactions: WorksForMe

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Hampton, VA - November 16
https://new.tugg.com/events/a-billion-lives-xxgb

Does anyone know anything about this screening? It doesn't appear that any tickets have been sold yet.

Everyone I've heard of say they need 100 tickets sold/reserved for the showing to happen. So I imagine they have 46 reserved already. Best thing would be to look up the # and call the theater
Looks like it was promoted/hosted by a local vape shop:
A Billion Lives
Promoted By 7 Cities Vapes

Maybe contact the vape shop and see how you can help them promote it to get those last tickets sold (52 as of this post)? :)

Reactions: Debadoo

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
If you click this link.......then click on list view, you can choose your state and whatever city is closest to you and see where there are showings scheduled if they get enough tickets sold or reserved.

A Billion Lives | Tugg

Austin Tx is supposed to have:

Nov 10th at Alamo Drafthouse Lakeline
Dec 6th at Alamo Drafthouse Village

but the theaters aren't calling me back to confirm this. I am just getting a voice mail when I call.

Reactions: Dougiestyle

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
If you click this link.......then click on list view, you can choose your state and whatever city is closest to you and see where there are showings scheduled if they get enough tickets sold or reserved.

A Billion Lives | Tugg

Austin Tx is supposed to have:

Nov 10th at Alamo Drafthouse Lakeline
Dec 6th at Alamo Drafthouse Village

but the theaters aren't calling me back to confirm this. I am just getting a voice mail when I call.
How the HE double Hockey sticks are they missing the whole state in which I reside:facepalm:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
How the HE double Hockey sticks are they missing the whole state in which I reside:facepalm:
@LouisLeBeau or if anyone else knows, how do you contact tugg to try to get showings?

Lil white, would you be willing to try to be a promoter for one in your area? Maybe talk to vape shops and see if they'll help spread the word and get tickets sold?

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
@LouisLeBeau or if anyone else knows, how do you contact tugg to try to get showings?

Lil white, would you be willing to try to be a promoter for one in your area? Maybe talk to vape shops and see if they'll help spread the word and get tickets sold?
I am certainly willing to try. I frequent 3 of the 8 or so vape shops near me but I will visit them all. I'll swing by a couple tonight to gauge interest and visit a few more tomorrow at lunch. Should I just report back the interested shops willing to spread the word? I could probably work up a flier of some sort and create some type of registration sheet for them to sign up people that would consider seeing it and would buy tickets.... They could probably e-mail their customer lists...

I certainly don't want to overstep boundaries here. The flier(s) and reg sheets may do that. Does anyone think I need to contact anyone before embarking on this adventure?

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Looks like it was promoted/hosted by a local vape shop:
A Billion Lives
Promoted By 7 Cities Vapes

Maybe contact the vape shop and see how you can help them promote it to get those last tickets sold (52 as of this post)? :)

To be honest, unless it is a chain that controls the whole area, an individual is better as a sponsor. Things get partisan when a particular vape shop hosts something like this, in an area of many shops.

The reason I say that, is that I rode my scoot all around this area, and talked to vape shops, and they were ALL willing to HELP ME promote it. So EACH one will be telling their friends and customers about it. That's my thoughts anyway, based on what I have seen.

LouisLeBeau

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Once you choose a date and a couple local Tugg theatres, Tugg will contact you with a proposed theatre and date and time. If you agree, then that theatre is called by Tugg to see if they are interested in setting a screen aside for the possibility of this movie. Once they have settled all THAT, they contact you, say it is going to be set up, and then you wait for them to set up a page like mine for YOUR movie. All told, it takes maybe a couple weeks.

I have 3 weeks from Go to No. If I don't sell the 95 minimum (this varies by theatre) by one week before the show, it doesn't happen. Nobody gets charged for their tickets, and no e-tickets are sent. THAT part is simple.

Tickets MUST be purchased online, through the link they provide you. People COULD find it on their own, but they would have to work DAMN hard to do it. The theatre itself does not sell tickets for, promote, or even LIST your event on THEIR ticketing information resources.

THAT seems stupid. The 95 seats seems stupid. I don't know or care how the money gets split, but for theatres, it is ALL about concession sales. FIFTY seats seems about normal for a not-just-released movie, and I am being kind.

I'm just ...... because I can think of a million things that could have been done better. A set of 8.5x11 "posters" with a simple QR code that could be scanned to take you to the ticket page would make it REALLY easy for the vape shops to help you promote this, and for even the theatre to put on a small notice board within the theatre to help move tickets.

It will help if you choose your dates and theatres carefully. The BEST one may not be the one closest to you. It will likely be the one with the best location central to a lot of vape shops if possible. And DO mind the dates. One here in Michigan is scheduled for the night before opening day of Deer Season. This is Michigan. That makes that particular date very challenging to get people out to the show, I would think.

So you better start with your own enthusiasm, add your own hard work, buy a bunch of tickets yourself, some ink, paper, and Publisher work or whatever, and most of all, be creative. Reach out to EVERYone that might help you make this happen.

We will all have the chance to watch this on DVD some day. The REAL benefit of this movie, is getting the people who AREN'T vapers, but need this info, to go. Smokers, politicians at all levels, lawmakers, health care professionals, people in the insurance industry. The people who will make US matter, when THEY wonder why.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
To be honest, unless it is a chain that controls the whole area, an individual is better as a sponsor. Things get partisan when a particular vape shop hosts something like this, in an area of many shops.

The reason I say that, is that I rode my scoot all around this area, and talked to vape shops, and they were ALL willing to HELP ME promote it. So EACH one will be telling their friends and customers about it. That's my thoughts anyway, based on what I have seen.
Agreed. I was just helping to spread info on the particular showing that @WorksForMe was asking about. :)

Reactions: Debadoo

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I am certainly willing to try. I frequent 3 of the 8 or so vape shops near me but I will visit them all. I'll swing by a couple tonight to gauge interest and visit a few more tomorrow at lunch. Should I just report back the interested shops willing to spread the word? I could probably work up a flier of some sort and create some type of registration sheet for them to sign up people that would consider seeing it and would buy tickets.... They could probably e-mail their customer lists...

I certainly don't want to overstep boundaries here. The flier(s) and reg sheets may do that. Does anyone think I need to contact anyone before embarking on this adventure?
Sorry, I was up for 1.5 days so I finally slept some today. Just now getting on here. I see that Louis got ya all set up! Thanks Louis :wub: I don't think you're overstepping at all. I think a sign up sheet and the flyers will be great, maybe their phone and email addy. As an incentive to get vape shops to do it, if all parties agree, you could even have a box they could check IF they'd like to be added the vape shops email list. While it's true that we want NON vapers to see this....... we as vapers definitely want to see this, and will hopefully take notes, and we'll have more to say to non vapers who might be against vaping, once we're armed with more truth from seeing the film. It might get the non vapers more interested in seeing it if it ever is released mainstream or even on netflix etc. they might would just pass it up on netflix, but if we have talked to them about it, it might be........hey, that's that film that guy told me about, sounds interesting, lemme watch it. Good on ya for maybe being a promoter for one! I do have have some clickable graphics from Aaron and a business card sized bag insert here if that would help at all
Billion Lives Needs Help

The first post is Veryyyyyy long, but it's got good info in it, the business card pdf is at the bottom of the first post. (pretty sure it's against the laws of nature for me to make a short post) :D

I thought I had a link for the flyer that @Von Vape created, but I'm sure you can create one. He's been on a bit of a hiatus, but he may upload it again if he sees this

Very true. It should be an individual who is the promoter. We've seen folks tickets get canceled and their money at some point will be refunded because a vape shop promoted and reserved the seats, but something got mixed up and tickets were sold that shouldn't have been. At least one very unhappy person that this happened to. But yeah, they are a great source to HELP promote it and get the word out

The thing is........to encourage every vaper who sees it to bring at least one non vaper, who might even be against vaping if they can.

Once you choose a date and a couple local Tugg theatres, Tugg will contact you with a proposed theatre and date and time. If you agree, then that theatre is called by Tugg to see if they are interested in setting a screen aside for the possibility of this movie. Once they have settled all THAT, they contact you, say it is going to be set up, and then you wait for them to set up a page like mine for YOUR movie. All told, it takes maybe a couple weeks.

I have 3 weeks from Go to No. If I don't sell the 95 minimum (this varies by theatre) by one week before the show, it doesn't happen. Nobody gets charged for their tickets, and no e-tickets are sent. THAT part is simple.

Tickets MUST be purchased online, through the link they provide you. People COULD find it on their own, but they would have to work DAMN hard to do it. The theatre itself does not sell tickets for, promote, or even LIST your event on THEIR ticketing information resources.

THAT seems stupid. The 95 seats seems stupid. I don't know or care how the money gets split, but for theatres, it is ALL about concession sales. FIFTY seats seems about normal for a not-just-released movie, and I am being kind.

I'm just ...... because I can think of a million things that could have been done better. A set of 8.5x11 "posters" with a simple QR code that could be scanned to take you to the ticket page would make it REALLY easy for the vape shops to help you promote this, and for even the theatre to put on a small notice board within the theatre to help move tickets.

It will help if you choose your dates and theatres carefully. The BEST one may not be the one closest to you. It will likely be the one with the best location central to a lot of vape shops if possible. And DO mind the dates. One here in Michigan is scheduled for the night before opening day of Deer Season. This is Michigan. That makes that particular date very challenging to get people out to the show, I would think.

So you better start with your own enthusiasm, add your own hard work, buy a bunch of tickets yourself, some ink, paper, and Publisher work or whatever, and most of all, be creative. Reach out to EVERYone that might help you make this happen.

We will all have the chance to watch this on DVD some day. The REAL benefit of this movie, is getting the people who AREN'T vapers, but need this info, to go. Smokers, politicians at all levels, lawmakers, health care professionals, people in the insurance industry. The people who will make US matter, when THEY wonder why.
Thanks so much for this hun!!!! Once I get through with some time consuming things I'm having to deal with personally, I may see about trying to promote one here now that a sweetheart has told me how to do it!

And thank you SO much again, Deb, for doing what you are doing.
yw, but as of now, folks like you are doin the real work. I just got Oliver's permission and started a thread. :)

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
The 95 seats seems stupid.

Agreed. Anyone else been to an early afternoon movie on a weekday recently? Due to my work scheduled the wife and I usually go at this time and as often as not we are the only ones in the theater. Once even had to go back out and get them to turn the isle guide lights and projector on! 94 or even half that is better than just selling two tickets. And in many multiplexes at least one movie is being shown on two screens, would be easy to slip a documentary in during a slow time with out losing a sale.

LouisLeBeau

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
For promoters, it may be easiest to supply vape shops with a scannable QR code to take their customers to your ticket page. I have found an online QR maker, that you can just input your unique ticket site address into, and it will make a JPEG QR bar code for you to save and print, or upload to vape sites.

QR Stuff

This is what mine looks like. If you have a bar code QR scanner app, this will just take you right there.
ABillionLives.png

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
@Debadoo @LouisLeBeau Thanks a ~~million~~ billion;)! Looks like I got my work cut out for me here. I have never done this sort of thing before, but this is something I truly believe in so I am excited to work on it. I certainly have 4 people (My parents) that I want to bring with me so they can learn some truth. I know I could get 25+ people alone. I'll report back after I do some research...

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
@Debadoo @LouisLeBeau Thanks a ~~million~~ billion;)! Looks like I got my work cut out for me here. I have never done this sort of thing before, but this is something I truly believe in so I am excited to work on it. I certainly have 4 people (My parents) that I want to bring with me so they can learn some truth. I know I could get 25+ people alone. I'll report back after I do some research...
Fantastic!! Can't wait to hear how it goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread