A Challenge, an Offer, and Pay it Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormCloud

Sep 12, 2010
Virginia
Reads like a Pyramid scheme to me …
10 to two each = 30 and so on…. either way the individual has to pay..
“Clearly stated the agreement is to purchase and ship 2 eGo (or whatever the recommended tech is at the time) starting kits and 30ml of starter juice to two more people” where are you getting your egos and starter juice from?

No thanks…. SC

Is it too late to take advantage of your fantastic offer? My middle daughter is the only one of my children who picked up smoking and she is so thrilled that I stopped. She really wants to try vaping and has constently been checking out sales on ego/riva/tornado/etc. I cannot afford to get her one, but I could buy her some juices. Her birthday is the 30th and this would be a perfect gift for her. I know she would recipicate once she has the money.

What do I do now? Does she need to join the forum and ask you herself? I would really like to surprise her for her birthday (and tell her then the rules and all), but I will do whatever you need. Currently she just looks at the forum using my account - she says she will join when she is an official vapor!

This is indeed a generous offer and even if I am too late I know that you have made a difference in many other people's lives.

Three4Me

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2010
NC
“Clearly stated the agreement is to purchase and ship 2 eGo (or whatever the recommended tech is at the time) starting kits and 30ml of starter juice to two more people” where are you getting your egos and starter juice from?

No thanks…. SC

Well... I assume it is for those like my brother. He really wants one now but doesn't have the extra cash to get one. This way he can get one now and put a little money aside each paycheck for a couple months and get two for his buddies who may be intrigued at that point. Sounds more like a win, win to me.

CB-in-Tokyo

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
Tokyo

No thanks…. SC

That is kinda of what it is. That is what paying forward is about. Anything can be spun in a good or bad way depending on your choice of words. Scheme tends to indicate a malevolent intent when used in that fashion. In this case the intent is to spread the benefits of vaping to smokers, the pyramid is inverted, and I volunteered to be at the bottom.

Cheers,

Steve

Java_Az

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Colorado

No thanks…. SC

Not a scam or anything. This is for people that cant afford a kit right now. Sure it would be cheaper to to get your own kit and not have to help out two other people needing kit in 6 months down the road. There is no set place you have to buy the kits. The OP is not making money off this, ONLY trying to get more PV's into the hand of those needing them. But yes it does come with the price tag of Generosity. If you are a person in need right now you will have to pay back one extra kit in 6 months. The two payback kits will go to two other people that cant afford a starter kit. Another way to look at it is i get a free kit today that i have to pay back ( to a person in need, not the original lender) in six months with a new kit , plus interest. interest is one extra kit to another person in need.

So to sum it up. You can get a PV now to get you off cigarettes and save money. In six months time you should have saved enough to easily pay for two starter kits plus some. Then you get the honor of helping out two other people that were in the same boat as you 6 months ago. Sounds like a wonderful deal to me

CB-in-Tokyo

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
Tokyo
Not too late at all!

I'd prefer she join and know what she's getting herself into with it being a pay it forward and all.

Cheers,

CB

Is it too late to take advantage of your fantastic offer? My middle daughter is the only one of my children who picked up smoking and she is so thrilled that I stopped. She really wants to try vaping and has constently been checking out sales on ego/riva/tornado/etc. I cannot afford to get her one, but I could buy her some juices. Her birthday is the 30th and this would be a perfect gift for her. I know she would recipicate once she has the money.

What do I do now? Does she need to join the forum and ask you herself? I would really like to surprise her for her birthday (and tell her then the rules and all), but I will do whatever you need. Currently she just looks at the forum using my account - she says she will join when she is an official vapor!

This is indeed a generous offer and even if I am too late I know that you have made a difference in many other people's lives.

CB-in-Tokyo

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
Tokyo
Well... I assume it is for those like my brother. He really wants one now but doesn't have the extra cash to get one. This way he can get one now and put a little money aside each paycheck for a couple months and get two for his buddies who may be intrigued at that point. Sounds more like a win, win to me.

Speaking of your brother, I still need your info!

CB-in-Tokyo

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
Tokyo
Hi Lanette,

Just got back from Singapore actually. I had a little adventure while leaving. As you know, eCigs are banned there. I got into the country no problem, but a little hiccough on the way out. In Singapore you go through the security check at the gate, rather than before immigration. I had a dse901 and an eGo in my computer bag. I also had a camera bag (containing my disassmbled eGo) and a zillion different cables, chargers, pens etc. in there. As my bags were getting x-rayed, they put my computer bag through three times. Then they asked me to open it. I was asked if i had another bag in my computer bag, so I got my camera bag out. They opened it and took out the eGo battery. They asked me what it was and I said a battery. Then they asked me what it was for, so I put the ego together and said, "I use this to quit smoking." They both then relaxed and said "Ahhh, we are very so to have bothered you" and I was free to get on the plane.

So my 901 didn't even register, but the eGo raised some concern, but not because it was an eCig (the security guys probably don't even know what they are). I think when I go back to Singapore I'll just take the 901 though!

Cheers,

Steve

CB-in-Tokyo

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
Tokyo
My brother would love to do this. He is happy for me that I quit the analogs, but just can't afford to get a kit. He said he'd be more than happy to PIF, when the time comes. It will be easy to do with all the money he saves from not smoking. Let me know if your offer is still open.

Hi quendelyn. Sure, the offer is still open. can you get your Brother to create an account and come join us in this forum?

Cheers,

CB

Hey there CB, my sister just told me about your Challenge and Offer. Yes, I'm ready to go for it! I've been a slave to these cancer sticks for far to long. Thanks for the opportunity. I'd be more than happy to PIF when the time comes. -kll also be posting regularly about my progress and experiences.
Quendelyn has pm'd you with my information, since I'm just starting out and can't do that yet.

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
Hi Lanette,

Just got back from Singapore actually. I had a little adventure while leaving. As you know, eCigs are banned there. I got into the country no problem, but a little hiccough on the way out. In Singapore you go through the security check at the gate, rather than before immigration. I had a dse901 and an eGo in my computer bag. I also had a camera bag (containing my disassmbled eGo) and a zillion different cables, chargers, pens etc. in there. As my bags were getting x-rayed, they put my computer bag through three times. Then they asked me to open it. I was asked if i had another bag in my computer bag, so I got my camera bag out. They opened it and took out the eGo battery. They asked me what it was and I said a battery. Then they asked me what it was for, so I put the ego together and said, "I use this to quit smoking." They both then relaxed and said "Ahhh, we are very so to have bothered you" and I was free to get on the plane.

So my 901 didn't even register, but the eGo raised some concern, but not because it was an eCig (the security guys probably don't even know what they are). I think when I go back to Singapore I'll just take the 901 though!

Cheers,

Steve

Haha....It's like carrying a medicine cabinet with you when you vape...good thinking on your reply to them. We all need to be the wiser when we explain to people what we are using. I have noticed that when I refer to my PV as an electronic cigarette, people are more apt to give me a suspicious look. However; if I say that it is a personal vaporizer I use to quit smoking, then they are intrigued and want to know more, lol!
Glad they didn't confiscate your eGo :)....BTW....how was Singapore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread