Status
Not open for further replies.

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
One really does have to wonder about "published studies" now. As far as I'm concerned, the entire system is now suspect.

The Perth dog that's probably smarter than you
Still looking. Couldn't find anything E-cig related for Dr. Olivia Doll :p, which is good. Adding to @Lessifer s mention, these Chinese last names and only their first initials make the search difficult... A challenge indeed. Looking forward to discrediting some of the BS churning out.

bilmaxey

Jun 2, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Please do not cross post the same thing in multiple areas.

LilyWai

Nov 6, 2016
Not surprised there is fabrication going on in the vaping research world. After all wherever there is a motivation or incentive - whether it be financial or otherwise - there will be manipulation of information.

We just had a doctor here in NZ, who was a big wig as a medical advisor in the antismoking lobby sector (sat on all sorts of govt boards and lobby groups) who has just admitted that they purposely and without evidentiary support demonised nicotine as a major health hazard on behalf of the antismoking groups. Now with the law recently changing to allow for nicotine e liquid to be sold here she has come out and admitted there was no evidence to show nicotine causes longterm harm.

Have enough letters after your name and certain people will believe anything you say as fact.

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
Have enough letters after your name and certain people will believe anything you say as fact.

I trust many (not all) posters on this forum more than most folks I know in real life. Not even going to address how little I trust MDs other than the fact that if it were legal to do so, I would go to a Veterinarian for medical treatment rather than a MD.

OldBatty ABCDEFGHIJKLMVOVPQRSTUVWXYZ

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
I don't watch the news and I hate politics. I watch movies. Much more entertaining. I find this forum to be extremely informative and would believe if Elvis were on here.
The news to me is not honest or correct, more speculative than actual truth.
Last year they reported coffee was going to kill you now it will extend your life 10x.

Sent from tomorrow

MarkRNY

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2016
Rockland County, NY
Lotsa "Likes" right there, with those two references.

I smoked two packs per day, for 3.5 decades. I know my vape isn't perfect, but it literally saved the arteries in my right leg, which they assured me would be coming off at the knee.

That was 5.5 years ago. My blood flows so well now that they released me from all care & monitoring (over 2 years ago).

My instinct also tells me that I breathed in more garbage, working in NYC for 30 years, then I ever could in four lifetimes of vaping.

This is worth all the "Big Science" studies put together, and the horses they rode in on. Way to go, and thanks.

On this note, the UK's Daily Mail came out with an article--"More problems for E-Cigs"--accusing e-cigs of computer hacking. They say that if you recharge your e-cig via a USB port it can hack your files--"if it's installed with a special computer chip". Problem with this is that anything plugged into a USB port can hack your files if it's installed with a special computer chip....it's the Russians again.

I just have a three question Y or N test when it comes to "scientific" studies--Does it further an agenda, Does it defy common sense and Does it refute empirical evidence/experience (such as DPLongo's above). According to my criteria, these "studies" Epic fail.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Again, take the political crap to Outside

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
A lot of debunking, or let's say, at least doubt on veracity, of some studies comes if you 'follow the money'. Example, recently a study said Americans need to eat more bread - study paid for and commissioned by... The American Grain Association. I'm sure they don't have a vested interest, right? o_O It's no different with a lot of other studies about anything - if you're paying for it, it won't see the light of day unless it benefits you/your company/your products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread