A contest for our troops

Discussion in 'Armed Services Forum' started by kevbow, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kevbow

kevbow Ultra Member ECF Veteran

In December I'm going to have a contest just for people in the military. I realize it's hard for people in the military to have access to internet or a computer so I will make the contest easy for you all to enter. I will check with rolygate to make sure it's ok I hold it in the Armed Services Forum. My question for all of you is what kind of prize do you want to have for the contest. A mod? Juice? Attys? Let me know and the one product that gets the most votes will be the prize :).

2. trinifreak

trinifreak Senior Member ECF Veteran

How about a provari!!! or the lavatube/power VV when it becomes available. Seems like a pretty sturdy device for deployment. I can't wait!

3. VetSGT

VetSGT Destroyer of Mods Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I would say just something like a ego something that would be durable and last throughout the day. Or a nice package of juices/cartos/attys since those would seem the most perishable / disposable. But not sure what most military folks are vaping, I myself use a kr808 and joye 510....hope this gets more traffic :)

4. trinifreak

I am supprised not many people replied myself.

5. ken729

ken729 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

a contest for us military folks? nice! anything would be good to me!

6. krazynavybiker

krazynavybiker Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I would go with juice

7. ARMYVAPR

ARMYVAPR Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

A mod is good

8. kevbow

I know juice is probably a big thing so juice will be a part of the prize. It just comes down to what mod or e-cig would best work for everyone as a prize :).

9. krazynavybiker

krazynavybiker Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mod wise I think a E-Power would be good. Mine held up pretty good on the ship and on land, it even got wet a few times. I had 6 batteries and a 4 slot battery charger and I was good for 12+ days when I had no place to charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. addisdaddy07

addisdaddy07 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Durability and simplicity is the key for most of us serving in the armed forces. In my experience, even though I have many nice mods, I go with the stuff that I don't have to mess with a lot on a daily basis when I go to work. I have personally gone back to using Riva's at work, and occasionally I will pull my protege out, but my vv devices never go to work with me. I know I can take one of these, drop it off a helicopter and pick it up never missing a beat. So, I say... Icon, ggtb, or maybe even a Prodigy.

11. Tektronik

Tektronik Senior Member ECF Veteran

I'm going to agree with what was said by others. Something that is durable and simple to use with a mechanical switch. Atomizers with drip shields so there's no mess. When I go TDY, I take my Icon and (4) 510 Low Res attys, each with a sealed 510 to 510 adapter and each with those delrin drip shields pre-assembled and 2 drip tips. I usually don't go through all of them but its nice to have extras. I pack a two channel AC charger and (8) 14500s but carry 4 on me at all times. I don't use the eGo because you are not allowed to plug any USB device into a government computer, even if its just for power only, plus I'd have to explain it all and I don't desire that extra attention brought on me. I charge whenever I can.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk

12. Njt07

Njt07 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

As far as a prize, the biggest PITA overseas Is waiting for the mail, and when im on my last pack of cartos, and/last bottle of juice I start freaking out. So for me packs of boges (2.0 ohm? Pre punched?) possibly a durable tank and some juice that won't breakdown in the heat.

If you want a cheap durable mod try an Epower, if your willing to spend about $200 get a Reo mini (fits in the upper right shoulder pocket well) or grand (you can change batteries so you can have 3.7v or 5v).

I never worry about breaking my mod, it's been dropped, shoulder rolled on (carto broke though), I've had my IOTV get stuck on it, my ruck and assault pack tend to snag on the carto (and break it) but my mini just keeps working. Since it's all mechanical you don't have to worry about getting it wet (just dry it before you use it)

13. trinifreak

I agree with the Tanks.

14. ARMYVAPR

I have a REO also and I agree with you... while my NCO's dont want to try the ecigs and stay with the tebaco cigs, when we are in the field and rain most of them cant smoke because their cigs got wet, but me I just take out my reo blow it abit and rub with a rag and they get mad because I can do what the cant with their wet cigs.... thow some times I get told if we cant smoke because our cigs are wet you cant use that either.... but at least I dont have to go and waste 6 dollars.

15. kevbow

What does everyone think of The Darwin? It's pretty sturdy.

16. ARMYVAPR

The darwin is preatty cool would be a good choice. I personaly would like one but the price is to high for me to aford it.

17. ken729

that'd be an awesome prize!

18. kevbow

I'm not sure if it can be done but I will see if Drew can have a camouflage Darwin made :)

19. ARMYVAPR

I think it would look very nice in the new MULTICAM patern. Im just saying. Hight speed SPC first time deployed here.

20. ken729

Imho, black is covert enough. Its not like i'd strap a darwin to my kit for fear of smashing it. I'd probably just toss it in my assault bag and roll out.

: provari, lavatube
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.