A decent coil for the Cubis Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

calan

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Piedmont
I really, really like the Cubis Pro tank. And I really, really hate the coils that come with it. All of them. They just suck. :)

The LCV coil sort of works, when it works. With the liquid orifice all the way open (50/50, 60/40, 80/20, etc...and therefore making it completely useless as far as I can tell), and the airflow turned way down, it works fairly well as an MTL tank. But when I removed the coil to try a different one, and then re-installed it, it started spitting and gurgling like crazy. I replaced the o-ring at the top of it which definitely helped, but it still wasn't like it was when I first put it in.

Has anyone come up with a better coil, or know of one that can be made to work? I prefer an MTL type coil in the 15 to 25w range for this tank, but at this point I'd settle for anything that gives a nice smooth draw.

I've read all the tips about "turn it upside down", "blow here...", "put tinfoil on your head and...", etc.... and that's all BS. I want a coil that just works, like in every other similar tank out there. :)

Any suggestions so I can enjoy this tank, instead of throwing it as hard as possible against a wall?

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
I really, really like the Cubis Pro tank. And I really, really hate the coils that come with it. All of them. They just suck. :)

The LCV coil sort of works, when it works. With the liquid orifice all the way open (50/50, 60/40, 80/20, etc...and therefore making it completely useless as far as I can tell), and the airflow turned way down, it works fairly well as an MTL tank. But when I removed the coil to try a different one, and then re-installed it, it started spitting and gurgling like crazy. I replaced the o-ring at the top of it which definitely helped, but it still wasn't like it was when I first put it in.

Has anyone come up with a better coil, or know of one that can be made to work? I prefer an MTL type coil in the 15 to 25w range for this tank, but at this point I'd settle for anything that gives a nice smooth draw.

I've read all the tips about "turn it upside down", "blow here...", "put tinfoil on your head and...", etc.... and that's all BS. I want a coil that just works, like in every other similar tank out there. :)

Any suggestions so I can enjoy this tank, instead of throwing it as hard as possible against a wall?
get the 1.5 ohm coil that is not lcv.

• Agree
Reactions: gerrymi
when the Cubis is not gurgling it is good... I perfected an anti gurgling fill routine ( most of which I have now forgotten but it involved paper towel down the chimney and the flick and a lot of bad thoughts) but then after getting a batch of bad coils I just gave up!! then they released the .6 coils.. they were better... on some days !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread