A different 510 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

googled

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
ukvapers.com
I pretty much recommend 510's to anyone starting out now, sure the flavour isn't quite as good as a 901 but throat hit and vapour more than make up for that as well consistency of the atomizers, mainly I'm sure due to the threads which help with wicking. If I take the length of drags on my 510 as you did in the video you wouldn't be able to see me for smog so its definitely bad atomizers. They sometimes take some teasing to get going but once its worn in there's no beating them. I'd suggest dripping three or four drops directly onto the atty with no filler in the cart and see how it performs, just to exclude cartridge problems.

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
I have never used a meter on any of my atomizers. If they don't produce good enough I just use another one. I have 15-510 sitting in front of me and usually they all produce good vapor and good throat hit. I would say that most of the flavors do taste the same. I use camel, marlboro, 555, tobacco and vanilla and I can't really tell any difference but I have gotten use to the taste and its not that bad.

I watched a lot of 510 video and read a lot of review before I purchased one. I have never heard or seen a video like this one. This is user error or faulty equipment. As a matter of fact this is the only negative review or negative video I have seen on this forum. He has got to be doing somthing wrong.

I sitting her blowing so much vapor from my 510 I can't even see the computer.

Maybe you should just give it up and smoke cigarettes.

rickghouse

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2009
Rick,

I sent you a PM days ago offering to take your suspect hardware and either "verify/fix" it, or replace it with known working equipment.

Hi, Scottbee -

Sorry for the slow response. I've been up to my eyeballs with urgent family issues for several days.

I appreciate your help, and I will have my gear in the mail to you very soon.

Thanks, Scottbee!

Rick.

rickghouse

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2009
I'd suggest dripping three or four drops directly onto the atty with no filler in the cart and see how it performs, just to exclude cartridge problems.

Sorry, googled ... been there, done that. When my 510's were new, I wasn't satisfied with the extremely small amount of relief I was getting from them, so I quickly progressed to dripping. I found it a little better for vapor and throat hit, but still no flavor and very little satisfaction. I also got tired of the leaking. I found that I could safely use 2 drops without leaking, 3 was questionable and 4 gave me deninite leaking. So I would drip & vape over and over for several minutes, and still crave an analog!

Rick.

smc

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
California
I still craved a regular cig for some time. Initially I dropped to about 5 a day. It was a slow process to get down to 0. I would say when I was around 1 to 2 a day I was withdrawing (it was bearable). After about a week I was fine, and then one day I did not smoke at all. I still smoke from time to time (drinking), but have no problems jumping back to just vaping.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
I'm going to take a moment here to exonerate Rick on this one. I have received his equipment and it performs just like he showed on the video. Like crap. No user error there..... his 510 will not make vapor.

For the most part his unit is fixed/resurrected and I will be returning it to Rick so he can get some decent vaping pleasure from his equipment.

I'll save the details on what caused his problems until he and I have had the opportunity to close the loop and fully discuss my findings.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
I'm going to take a moment here to exonerate Rick on this one. I have received his equipment and it performs just like he showed on the video. Like crap. No user error there..... his 510 will not make vapor.

For the most part his unit is fixed/resurrected and I will be returning it to Rick so he can get some decent vaping pleasure from his equipment.

I'll save the details on what caused his problems until he and I have had the opportunity to close the loop and fully discuss my findings.
You@`re a good man Charlie Brown....

anim8r

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
DC

That may be the case with the 510. But, Rick has said ALL of the versions of e-cigs he's tried have had the same result. So while this one case might be a bad 510, I'm more of the mind there's a good bet we're missing some other information.

The only thing I could come up with (that "could" result in so many bad e-cigs and attys) is the possibility he bought of lot of someone else's used pieces of crap. Basically, he was taken.

It just seems highly unlikely that 3 types (brands) of e-cigs with multiple atty's all produced this weak of a result.

But, of course, this is my opinion.

val

Dec 19, 2009
TX
....I'll save the details on what caused his problems until he and I have had the opportunity to close the loop and fully discuss my findings.
I'm looking forward to reading "The findings" :thumbs: This thread got me very interested in holding my desire to order HVP's. I need to learn how to use what I got.

Rick:
I salute you for giving a voice to a silent group :D Looking towards part 2 of a diff 510 review
val

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::D:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Nomdo

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Sasolburg, South Africa
Argue my opinions like anim8r

Every "working" 510 or 401 atomiser I have is a perfect 0 ohms. Any atomizer with any amount of resistance (even .5 ohms) drops the load voltage a LOT.

There are no resistors (Resistance?)in normal atomizers. It is a coil (or just a bit of wire) that gets heated from current passing through it.

HV atomizers are the only atomizers I am aware off that have resistance built into the atomizers to cut the 6.0 and 7.2 Volt battery combinations to a lower voltage.

Last edited:

Nomdo

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Sasolburg, South Africa
I'll try to keep this as reminder of what I should at work as well. Argue your case to the death, and if I turn out to be wrong just "Ah well, my bad." :oops:

Well, tested them on a very nice meter and my 510's range from 2.2 - 2.4 ohms and my 401's are hovering around 2.6 - 2.7 ohms.

And yeah, my cheezy meter is still reading them as shorts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread