A different 510 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomdo

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Sasolburg, South Africa
What I don't understand is why this guy just did not purchase a new e-cig. That's what I did and I live in South Africa - we are not nearly as spoilt with many suppliers or models avalble. vaping is much more expensive than smoking tabacco cigs.

Also I started with the 510 (Dura C, Maketed as Twisp here). It was OK. The Janty/Twisp e liq is not so nice though. I try to use dekang now.

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
He started a thread saying the 510 is horrid... That was not good enough so he starts another thread bashing the 510 with a video... I call BS...

*If* he really has vaped before making the video (for more than a few days that is) he would have known to check his gear before putting foot in mouth not only in one thread..... But twice.....

I will be the 1st to say 510 battery life is horrid... We all know that... Other than the horrid battery life that thing ROCKS.... Mine has since been retired for the eGo but I would not hesitate to vape on it again if my eGo fails....

My .02

Nomdo

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Sasolburg, South Africa
He started a thread saying the 510 is horrid... That was not good enough so he starts another thread bashing the 510 with a video... I call BS...

I will be the 1st to say 510 battery life is horrid... We all know that... Other than the horrid battery life that thing ROCKS.... Mine has since been retired for the eGo but I would not hesitate to vape on it again if my eGo fails....

My .02

I would really like a kiss box and an EGO, but eish... finances - the recession is still in full swing in my personal enterprise.

Anyway, after the 510, I got an
1. NJOY NCIG (bad metallic taste, throat BURN) - trying to exchange it for a NPRO
2. Smoore M201 (Batteries are unreliable - exchanged a few, USB PT ok)
3. NPro (+ USB PT) - juice in mouth so now strictly dripping

None of these are reliable or perfect in any way - the NPRO (aka RN4081)is actually quite good with the USB PT - I hate the batts 4 sec cutoff.

Hope to get a greesmoke with cartomiser soon. Tried the RN4081 cartomisers (and re-filling them), but very weak TH.

My 5 cents worth (2 cent and 1 cent coins were discontinued here in S. Africa) - it costs way more than 2 cents/1 cents for the metal needed to produce the 2 cents/1 cent.

Nomdo

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Sasolburg, South Africa
I argued my case to death?

I made 2 posts, and admitted it when I was wrong in a third.

Get over yourself.

There you go again, relax :D - You made 3 posts (#s 69,71, 75) and 1 post to admit. So Ok, I exaggerated about "argue to death".

All I wanted to highlight is that you post with total confidence in what ever BS you come up with, (I like that and think I can learn from you about believing your own opinion.) e.g. statements like:

"Every "working" 510 or 401 atomiser I have is a perfect 0 ohms."

Although you will benefit yourself from "getting over yourself" as well - before you post or respond ask yourself - "Could I be wrong?"

anim8r

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
DC
There you go again, relax :D - You made 3 posts (#s 69,71, 75) and 1 post to admit. So Ok, I exaggerated about "argue to death".

All I wanted to highlight is that you post with total confidence in what ever BS you come up with, (I like that and think I can learn from you about believing your own opinion.) e.g. statements like:

"Every "working" 510 or 401 atomiser I have is a perfect 0 ohms."

Although you will benefit yourself from "getting over yourself" as well - before you post or respond ask yourself - "Could I be wrong?"

Yup, I was wrong, and then I said so.

All of my BS huh?

I posted the results of a pos ohm meter. I guess you never had a faulty piece of hardware? Let's hope you never do and then have to explain a problem like that to a tool like yourself.

or maybe you want to continue to post about my (now replaced) ohm-meter to death. :rolleyes:

timothymass

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Springfield, Mo
you havent used any of the advice as far as trying a new battery new atty or actually cleaning your atty. so i have to say it looks like your just trying to nock the 510 because of your laziness.
YouTube - Video review of the JOYE-510 from E-SmokeyTreats
you should be getting something near that everyone ive seen with a 510 gets that much vapor i cant contemplate other than you over filling the cart as you sayed on the video there was already juice in the cart and then it look like you added at least 6-7 drops by my count which means you flooded are you going to have faith in anything these people are saying to you blow out your atomizer into a piece of paper towel take out the wadding in your cart. I know i had problems with the carts thats why im dripping and havent looked back yet. so have faith in these people and just to let you know faith is believing in what they say and acting upon that belief. Also if you dont want to act on the advice we give you then shut up.

rickghouse

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2009
Contrary to some people's beliefs, I have been paying attention, and following advice. Most of the details are on the original thread:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/joye-510/54313-510-pathetic.html

The only reason I posted the video on a new post is ... Video Reviews are supposed to go under Video Reviews!

I sent my equipment to Scottbee, a fellow forum member and 510 expert.

He determined one of my atties was dead, resurrected the other, and also sent me one of his good 510 atties. That was very kind of him. And it would have made a great ending to the story if it had fixed my problem. Unfortunately it didn't.

I now have 2 perfectly working 510's that produce lots of vapor. I still get no flavor. I even got "Atomic Fireball" to try to get some flavor. But more important than flavor is satisfaction ... relief from the cravings (claws in my chest). I still get almost zero relief from 510, even in stereo.

KR808D-1 does give me flavor. But I need to vape a lot to give me a little relief, and when I do, I get a very sore throat and coughing spells.

I'm doing OK right now, on a combination of vaping, Swedish snus & snuff. When I use all 3, I do get relief.

Thanks to those who posted helpful posts, and to those who posted moronic posts, I wish you well.

Rick.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Poor Rick it seems like you WERE getting sold a bunch of bad 'uns - no wonder you were getting frustrated - think I'd be suspecting the entire world was nuts if all my gear had messed up the way yours seems to have (and you can't blame people for thinking its the user when thats the sole constant, politeness costs nothing tho eh? lol)
I do enjoy my own 510, but there are days when this user can't taste much due to this user having the tastebuds of hades (or at least the random taste generator fairy). Always get nice vapor clouds tho - and I come to find vapor amount isn't soemthing I prize highly any more lol
(23 years of smoking btw before this 510)

Jamie Wayman

Aug 28, 2009
Utah, USA
Well, this is going to sound simply ridiculous... But I too, am having a problem with my 510. My first one I got a few months ago from RMV. I was sure that something was wrong because I just couldn't get the kind of vapor that I had seen on so many video reviews. I tried and tried, and eventually gave up, thinking that I had burned up my attys by not knowing what I was doing. I put them away and kept smoking my "Swisher Sweets Little Cigars" (grape flavor btw)

I decided to try again with vaping. I really do want to get off the analogs! So I purchased another 510 kit from Cignot this time. I got juice from them as well as Freedom Smokes.

I completely agree before anyone replies that there is something that I am doing wrong! That's why I am posting this, to get some help and advice. The first few draws on my new 510s were awesome! Now... almost nothing. Very close to the video that Rick posted originally. I am dripping 1 to 2 drops of juice into the atomizer, replacing the mouthpiece, and taking slow 4-5 sec draws, and get almost no vapor. I have only had this set about 3 days, and am going nuts! I have blown on them, no extra liquid comes out. I have rinsed them out and let them dry and tried the burn technique. All to no avail!

Would someone please give me an idea of what to do. TIA for any advice. Maybe a video of what I should be doing, not the vapor I should get lol... I already know I should be getting extreme amounts of vapor! :p Anyway... I need help!

dawgcrazy

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Ohio
I now have 2 perfectly working 510's that produce lots of vapor. I still get no flavor. I even got "Atomic Fireball" to try to get some flavor. But more important than flavor is satisfaction ... relief from the cravings (claws in my chest). I still get almost zero relief from 510, even in stereo.

KR808D-1 does give me flavor. But I need to vape a lot to give me a little relief, and when I do, I get a very sore throat and coughing spells.

I'm doing OK right now, on a combination of vaping, Swedish snus & snuff. When I use all 3, I do get relief.

Rick.

First, kudos to Scott for being such a nice guy. :thumbs:

I'm wondering if he had the same "taste" problems with your equipment as you do..? If not, it could be your liquid...or your taste buds. Or, depending on the flavors, the atty could be too hot, or not hot enough. (or it could be crap atty's, even though they are working) I dunno.

I know that with my 510, some flavors taste a lot better in it than others. Some I can only take short hits with, then let the atty cool down and hit again because when the atty gets hot, those flavors taste like crap..or basically have no flavor. Some flavors are the opposite..like coffee, I find that it has much better flavor on a hot atty, so I tend to hit it more often to keep the atty hot.

Also, I think Dekang liquids taste extremely "chemically" and some are really "perfumey". I mostly mix my own now, no chemical tastes and I can make them as strong flavored or as weak as I want. You may want to get some flavorings and add extra to see if that helps with the taste issue.

As for the 510 relieving the claws in your chest...that doesn't happen for everyone. I still smoke and vape. While the 510 does give me massive vapor and TH, I still need the MAOI's from the analogs now and then. I will say it has helped me cut way back though. I was smoking a pack a day for over 20 years and now a pack lasts me at least 3 days. I am looking into the SNUS, because I REALLY want to get away from the stinky analogs.

The 510 isn't a miracle worker for everyone..some of us do need a little more, but it does help me during times when I'm sitting here at the computer and I used to just mindlessly light up...and light up...and light up.

Have you tried both PG and VG liquids? One or the other may help to eliminate the sore throat thing. Definitely drink plenty of fluids with either one though.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Well, this is going to sound simply ridiculous... But I too, am having a problem with my 510. My first one I got a few months ago from RMV. I was sure that something was wrong because I just couldn't get the kind of vapor that I had seen on so many video reviews. I tried and tried, and eventually gave up, thinking that I had burned up my attys by not knowing what I was doing. I put them away and kept smoking my "Swisher Sweets Little Cigars" (grape flavor btw)

I decided to try again with vaping. I really do want to get off the analogs! So I purchased another 510 kit from Cignot this time. I got juice from them as well as Freedom Smokes.

I completely agree before anyone replies that there is something that I am doing wrong! That's why I am posting this, to get some help and advice. The first few draws on my new 510s were awesome! Now... almost nothing. Very close to the video that Rick posted originally. I am dripping 1 to 2 drops of juice into the atomizer, replacing the mouthpiece, and taking slow 4-5 sec draws, and get almost no vapor. I have only had this set about 3 days, and am going nuts! I have blown on them, no extra liquid comes out. I have rinsed them out and let them dry and tried the burn technique. All to no avail!

Would someone please give me an idea of what to do. TIA for any advice. Maybe a video of what I should be doing, not the vapor I should get lol... I already know I should be getting extreme amounts of vapor! :p Anyway... I need help!
Is your atty actually vaping? I mean does it glow red or at least sizzle when you depress the button (and there is a drop of juice on the bridge)?
I have one atty that doesn't glow red, but it does sizzle, and it vapes fine, so I've decided no glow doesn't always equal not working lol.
Are you dripping your juice onto the bridge - its a bit of a fiddle as its a tiny target - which is how I flood mine so often - and not jsut 'into the atty'?
Have you tried drippping more drips if you are actually hittng the bridge?
Have you ever flooded it? (juice comes out the bit between atty and battery)
I'm assuming its a manual battery - is it?
Does the battery charge/run out of charge?
Have you used a different atty/different battery combo?
Cignot have a 'how to' on their site - did you watch it? Do you do what the slightly suspect looking guy in it is doing? (lol couldn't resist that one, he makes me smile)
I can't think of any more questions..help me other vapers!

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI

Well I'll say this. If you can't taste the Atomic Fireball.. then it is time to see a doctor!

I vape a little of that stuff and my taste buds are screwed up for 3 hours. It's all I can taste! Certainly some potent juice!

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Well I'll say this. If you can't taste the Atomic Fireball.. then it is time to see a doctor!

I vape a little of that stuff and my taste buds are screwed up for 3 hours. It's all I can taste! Certainly some potent juice!

I would have to agree... depending on the mix ... I can almost vape completely @ 0mg with this baby..... sorry for going off topic just had to say.

Jamie Wayman

Aug 28, 2009
Utah, USA
Capt Jay -
Is your atty actually vaping? I mean does it glow red or at least sizzle when you depress the button (and there is a drop of juice on the bridge)?
Not sure what you mean by "bridge". I make sure I put the drops right on top of the metal thing in the center of the atty. Yes it does sizzle when i press the button.
Are you dripping your juice onto the bridge - its a bit of a fiddle as its a tiny target - which is how I flood mine so often - and not jsut 'into the atty'?
See above...
After not getting any vapor for 2-4 drags, I do put another drop onto it.
I'm assuming its a manual battery - is it?

Yes it is a manual battery, and juice has never come out of the atty, and I've never had that mouthful of juice thing either.
Does the battery charge/run out of charge?
The batteries always seem to be fully charged when I'm vaping. I haven't really used them enough to completely run them down.
Have you used a different atty/different battery combo?
Yes I have. I even tried my new batteries with the old atty and still the same problem.
Cignot have a 'how to' on their site - did you watch it? Do you do what the slightly suspect looking guy in it is doing? (lol couldn't resist that one, he makes me smile)
Not sure about this one either. Is he doing something wrong in the video?
Ok, so what am I doing wrong?

anim8r

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
DC

Being able to taste cartomizers and not tasting carts is kinda like saying you can taste cake, but not pie :confused:

Can't taste atomic fireball? I can still taste that flavor when sucking on a dead battery :p

And if I ever had anything that felt like "claws in my chest", I'd have seen a doctor a long time ago. Never felt anything in my chest when quitting analogs, except relief, even when trying to quit cold-turkey.

Beats me. I'm just glad he's found something that works.

sheep

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver, BC
I really don't understand all the hate this dude is getting. My 510 performed, during it's first week or so, pretty much exactly the way his was. Little vapour, little flavour. I don't know why, but now I'm easily getting clouds of vapour and a nice flavour, whether dripping or using a cart. Maybe I was doing it wrong in week 1, or maybe the atty had to burn in, but all I know is not every 510 is going to producing clouds right out of the box. It's a great little unit, but not for everyone maybe.

Wireguy

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Birmingham Al
Sounds like you are running it to dry. During the learning curve if you haven't flooded it till juice comes out around the atty you are probably not using enough juice. It's a fine line between flooding and and the right amount. Charge your batteries first. They fall off fast.

You also should start your own thread if this doesn't work. I'm ending my hijack here.

Capt Jay -
Are you dripping your juice onto the bridge - its a bit of a fiddle as its a tiny target
Ok, so what am I doing wrong?

anim8r

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
DC
Quoted from Jamie -

Not sure what you mean by "bridge". I make sure I put the drops right on top of the metal thing in the center of the atty. Yes it does sizzle when i press the button.
-- That's the bridge ;)

-- You can actually flood an atty that way too. A flooded atty can act like a dry atty. Also, it can take from 10 minutes to a day to break in an atty. It really depends on how many you've broken in, in the past. Plus, sadly, it's not entirely uncommon to get two so-so atty's in the same kit or batch.

Yes it is a manual battery, and juice has never come out of the atty, and I've never had that mouthful of juice thing either.
-- It might just be too dry then. "Drop" is a little subjective. A lot depends on the thickness of the liquid and the bottle's tip.

Also, some kits are just not a great match for the user. The OP found some relief using a cartomizer kit. Those might work better for you, and you can still top the carts off to lower the cost. My wife had a Vapor4Life Vapor King setup and really liked the Passthrough that came with her kit.

She's been using a standard Joye 510 kit from Cignot for the last two months or so, but she was glad to have used the Vapor king first.

Last edited:

anim8r

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
DC
I really don't understand all the hate this dude is getting. My 510 performed, during it's first week or so, pretty much exactly the way his was. Little vapour, little flavour. I don't know why, but now I'm easily getting clouds of vapour and a nice flavour, whether dripping or using a cart. Maybe I was doing it wrong in week 1, or maybe the atty had to burn in, but all I know is not every 510 is going to producing clouds right out of the box. It's a great little unit, but not for everyone maybe.

I understand it exactly.

Go to the Harley Davidson boards and create a post that calls the 3 most popular bikes there "pathetic".

I would completely understand the vast majority of responses you will get.

Rick labeled his first post the "510 is pathetic" and then created this second post. In his first post he stated he expected to get flamed. Well, he did. He's not stupid, he just doesn't know how to use a 510 and/or has terrible taste buds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread