A fail and a win

Status
Not open for further replies.

scratchtheweasel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Pocono PA
I have an upcoming trip and thought it might be a good idea to buy one of these new subtanks with the factory 0.5 ohm coils so I don't have to worry about rebuilding on vacation. Well that was a fail. I am having a hard time understanding why these tanks got good reviews - they are like any other cheap kanger I ever used.

Compared to my grand with nuppin topper and dual coils at 0.35 ohms the pre-built stuff just feels like junk. So thanks Rob. I am ruined for life now. Nothing compares to a Reo. They are like Snapple - made from the best stuff on earth. Nothing beats rolling your own coil that is squonked to perfection.

I will still drag the subtank along for the ride I guess, but the grand will be coming now and I doubt the subtank will see much use. Moral of the story - just stick to your Reo and all will be well in the world. :)

Oh and the win? The guy at the vape shop fell in love with my Reo. He had never seen one before and was amazed at the idea of having all the good parts of a dripper with none of the baggage. I pointed him to reosmods.com and I suspect Rob will soon have a new customer.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I was thinking along the same lines - that maybe I'd pick up a subtank and iStick, or an ipv or even a used sxmini one of these days. But it kept lookin like most of $100, and I said to myself, "self, that's most of a Reo!"

So I ignored all the talk about this subtank and that subtank and this and that 50-watt/100-watt/lotsa-watt, and treated myself to TWO Woodvilles.

Now I AM short a Nuppin...

Thanks for your post - made me feel I dun gud!
And enjoy the vapes - Grand w/a Nuppin, all good!!

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
I hear you! The flavor is hard (actually impossible IMHO unless you want to drip...hassle). Maybe make a few coils and put them in a take along holder for your Reo?

I always have a back-up in my bag when I'm out and about (a mechanical tube) just in case I have a malfunction. Funny thing, I haven't had a malfunction.

karmakatie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
MO
I have never had any issue with a Reo out and about I do not ever carry a backup Reo, just supplies of coils already made and KGD cut to size ad a spare spring. Hubby flies with them routinely never a malfunction with an RDA or Reo. I would feel VERY nervous if I had to carry anything else especially mods with electronics or china made replacement coils, I have my share of factory atties and cartos go out in me in the past but never had an RDA pop a coil!

Fuzzy Bruce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Fort Liquordale, Fl.
I believe it's short for substandard Mama. :)

The need for a travel Reo (one that wouldn't break my heart if it was lost) is now clear. Really any Reo loss is going to break my heart, so this is just me enabling myself to buy another Reo.

What,,, Reonaughts are now enablers?

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I have never had any issue with a Reo out and about I do not ever carry a backup Reo, just supplies of coils already made and KGD cut to size ad a spare spring. Hubby flies with them routinely never a malfunction with an RDA or Reo. I would feel VERY nervous if I had to carry anything else especially mods with electronics or china made replacement coils, I have my share of factory atties and cartos go out in me in the past but never had an RDA pop a coil!
REOs are the best for traveling! On my last trip, three flights, I was able to drip on my REO each stopover, and not have to worry about it leaking on the next leg. I brought two fresh built atties with me, never needed the second one.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I believe it's short for substandard Mama. :)

The need for a travel Reo (one that wouldn't break my heart if it was lost) is now clear. Really any Reo loss is going to break my heart, so this is just me enabling myself to buy another Reo.

Great idea on a backup, and your right - I would be pretty distraught if any of my 5 REOs went missing - wether it be the brand new Kawi Green to my oldest Lewis Hamnertone. They are all fitted with all the REO factory upgrades and all kick serious ayuss. A loss of any of them would suck ballz.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
When I'm away from home for long I put an extra RM2 in a baggie for emergencies. Of course extra batteries and juice too. The heck with all that sub-par equipment!

I prefer to take a spare fully loaded mod (battery and juice) for any trip that will put me away from home all day. For instance, when I went to Alpharetta for the day this weekend (it's about a 1 hour drive from home) I took my full SL Kawi green / Odin V2 for in the car vaping and Lewis Hammertone with a SL TRA door and rogue for all the walking around. That way I have basicalky 2 batteries, 12 ml of juice and a backup if a mod were to get ripped off.

When I go away for the week, I will bring 4 REOs - all fully loaded, freshly built and freshly wicked. I will also bring all my 1600's (the 4 2200s will be in the mods), a charger (not the dodge one) and a juice refill bottle.

That way I can use different mods, and vape like a freak. I would do anything to never have to do anything to an atty out and about. I never carry even cotton - just a spare mod to carry more easilly depleted supplies :)

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
when I went to Alpharetta for the day this weekend (it's about a 1 hour drive from home)

When I go away for the week

Look at you go, Russ. All travelling around and stuff like that. Nice to hear.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Look at you go, Russ. All travelling around and stuff like that. Nice to hear.
Thank you brother. Yep, going to destin again in a few weeks and this time I'll be going with them, rather than them coming back to pick me up. It's gonna be awesome :)

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
I did a very similar thing recently- picked up an SXMini & Lemo 2 thinking I'd like to see what all the fuss is about with these new tanks/regulated mods... and guess what was in the classies the next day...
I do like that SX350 chip, though, a LOT, and am looking forward to having that chip in a squonker one day. But really I was shocked at how much of a PITA that whole set-up was compared to my Reos. (which is why I switched in the first place)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread