Status
Not open for further replies.

scratchtheweasel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Pocono PA
Thanks for all the tips folks. I've been doing this all wrong. :facepalm:

In regular travels to NY I have been packing all the usual building supplies and I jingle as I walk as a result. I have worried that the maid in the hotel will see duct tape, spools of wire, and wire cutters only to conclude that I am planning to detonate something. 3-4 freshly built Reos will get most anyone through a week of travel. I think there is clear justification here for two more Reo purchases now. [HASHTAG]#enabled[/HASHTAG]

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
I gave up buying both tanks and regulated mods as neither in my experiance offer a reliable vape.
I gave away all my other mods and tanks as I could not be bothered with the constant tinkering to keep them going. I just want to hit the button and vape. My backup mod is a home built unregulated squonker, its not in the same leage as the SL Grand but it works and would do until a replacement reo arrived. Each time I get tempted by the latest and greatest most awsome game changing u-tube marketed tank or mod I put the $ asside to spend on my kids instead.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I don't travel anymore, have no need to and after so much of it all my life have no desire to anymore. So now days I mostly only go out to run errands/for walks in the wee hours of the night where I don't really have to have backup of anything along. I just grab a single Reo off my ever growing lineup that are all always on line for instant gratification, a thermos of fresh coffee and go. But on the rare occasions when I do plan to stay out all night or all day I'll take 4-6 Reos to have enough juice along, each with different juice in them. That's my version of variety being the spice of life now days (along with the fresh coffee that is almost always on 24/7 here with the many different beans I use being rotated from pot to pot as well). :)

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Thanks for all the tips folks. I've been doing this all wrong. :facepalm:

In regular travels to NY I have been packing all the usual building supplies and I jingle as I walk as a result. I have worried that the maid in the hotel will see duct tape, spools of wire, and wire cutters only to conclude that I am planning to detonate something. 3-4 freshly built Reos will get most anyone through a week of travel. I think there is clear justification here for two more Reo purchases now. [HASHTAG]#enabled[/HASHTAG]

I can usually get about a month out of a coil, as long as I dryburn the coil & rewick every week or so. When I travel, I take 2 squonkers/attys, juice, batteries/charger, and as far as rebuilding supplies, I'm usually good with some wicking material, small scissors, tweezers, and a drill bit (or whatever fits inside the coil to make adjustments if necessary). All perfectly normal stuff. If I know I'm going to be super busy (or camping) I'll just fill up all my 6mL bottles ahead of time and label them, so all I have to do is swap them out when they're empty. (gotta have a few bottles for that) Or get the 9/10mL ones.

JetMac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Valdosta, GA, USA
Before when I only had my one grand, I'd always take my two small "go kits" when I'd travel or be away from home for several weeks/months. My go kits are two small pelican cases, one has three spools of kanthal (24g, 26g, and 28g) each 100ft spools. The other case has everything I use to rebuild, wire cutters, coil jig, small ziplock filled with wick, tweezers, Allen keys, jewelers screwdrivers, robs small noalox vile, spare atomizer, small scissors, Q-tip, etc. then I'd always take my extra juice, batteries and charger. Now I have four grands in the family, I use two and my wife uses two. My go kit pretty much stays at home unless we are traveling and will be gone for more than a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
... and thank you for your heads up about the pelican cases, JetMac. I read your writeup on them some months ago and I've been rocking 3 of them for various sized vape gear kits ever since. Great for business trips and camping. Also have one stashed in my desk at work juuuuuust in case.

JetMac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Valdosta, GA, USA
I don't travel anymore, have no need to and after so much of it all my life have no desire to anymore. So now days I mostly only go out to run errands/for walks in the wee hours of the night where I don't really have to have backup of anything along. I just grab a single Reo off my ever growing lineup that are all always on line for instant gratification, a thermos of fresh coffee and go. But on the rare occasions when I do plan to stay out all night or all day I'll take 4-6 Reos to have enough juice along, each with different juice in them. That's my version of variety being the spice of life now days (along with the fresh coffee that is almost always on 24/7 here with the many different beans I use being rotated from pot to pot as well). :)
I hope to one day be able to enjoy all the finer things in life as you do yourself Spydro. So jelly of your collection!

Reactions: JC Okie

JetMac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Valdosta, GA, USA
... and thank you for your heads up about the pelican cases, JetMac. I read your writeup on them some months ago and I've been rocking 3 of them for various sized vape gear kits ever since. Great for business trips and camping. Also have one stashed in my desk at work juuuuuust in case.
Nice!!, yeah they are IMO perfect for small kits on the go.

Reactions: Papa_Lazarou

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I hope to one day be able to enjoy all the finer things in life as you do yourself Spydro. So jelly of your collection!

There is nothing to be "jelly" of here. Life has all kinds of priorities that we have to choose from as we see fit, an ever changing list of them throughout our entire lives. At this end of my life the options to choose from are very few, so I just enjoy what little I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread