A few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

504_Brunhileld

Oct 24, 2013
Louisiana
Ok so I am working on day four of no analogs, but still very high anxiety. I use a cartomizer set up, as for juice I have used both pg and vg with little or no issue outside of Blu ecig(just horrible if anyone has ever been curious, save your money). The juices I use is a sweet menthol almost reminiscent of a spearmint, and a pure tobacco variant from Volcano at an 8mg. I have found 24 and 16 in some cases vendor variance can be a bit overkill for me. In the past I would never try anything lower than a 16, but realized that maybe the nic was too high and could have been the culprit.
Some questions I have is how to deal with mental anxiety of even though the smell of analogs is disgusting I still do not feel mentally satisfied with the ecig. I have a volcano Inferno cartomizer style. Any tricks would be highly appreciated.
Second question. A few years ago, I had a surgery(hysterectomy) and afterward it will cause sometimes metabolism to slow as your in a menopausal state( my surgery was a preventative maintenance, non cancerous). Any ladies who have had this did you experience extreme weight gain up on switching? A few years ago I used to be very fat and worked very hard to lose the weight, and kinda paranoid about gaining weight. I realize some of you may think this is superficial but I went through H#ll and high water to lose the weight, anyone who has had weight issues in the past and successful lost over 100 lbs can relate to that.
Some of the reasons I switched is one I lost my mother to lymphoma this past summer, and two my allergies, can be very demonic for me.
I realize working out would be an option but my neighbor is kind of interesting to say the least, and being a new person somewhat in town, I am not comfortable going out as I would probably be alone. Safety is always first in my book and if one questions it, its probably a good idea to not go in the first place.
If anyone who has stories or advice please feel free to leave creative and informative replies. Any help again is greatly appreciated. Again sorry to sound like a superficial idiot but again, less stress is better than max stress, when your still learning something.

Also something I forgot thus the edit, I do suffer from diffuse/fibromyalgia, and some reports of statisical studies have showed out of N/n trials that switching did help with pain flares. Any fibro suffers did you find symptoms improving or staying the same, or worsen with the switching?

Last edited:

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
1st, I would suggest a longer holding of the vapor in your mouth, and exhaling through the nose. Your "mental anxiety" can partly be blamed on not enough nicotine.
My wife has many of the same issues (actually, a few more than you posted), although not the weight one, and while she was a somewhat light smoker, 18mg nicotine and changing the way she inhales and exhales has let her overcome the change over with little additional problems.

kimran73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm only 3 weeks out but will try to help the best I can. As far as I can tell, the mg desire can vary depending on craving, type of juice, device being used etc.. what I've heard people doing is keeping different levels and adjust to your comfortable level for that moment.

I can't stand the smell of smoke now and have banned guests from smoking in my home and car now. Don't feel shy telling people not to smoke around you if it can be avoided. I was always a polite smoker and tried to be very respectful of non-smokers and you are one of those now :) If the situation can't be avoided maybe have some nice small bottles of air freshner handy to help cut the smell. Each day will probably get a little easier also. Keep your PV handy if the smell is really bothering you and take a puff to satisfy the craving. I too had tried Blu first and very disappointed, no throat hit what so ever.

I've noticed a couple of things regarding weight gain. I too have lost a considerable amount of weight and do not want to go back. Previous attempts at quitting smoking have resulted in mild weight gain but always went back to smoking anyway. Now, food is tasting much better due to getting my senses back. I'm really enjoying food and that scares me. On the other hand, I really like vaping and tend to have it in my hand at most times and have found myself not eating cause I'm vaping, well that and reading posts here lol-ECF will keep you occupied forever :) I'd say to just be mindful of what you're eating, making sure to keep healthier options available-high protein and fiber. If you're having specific food cravings, maybe find a juice that may satisfy the taste craving without the calories.

I don't know about the fibro but look at it this way, quitting smoking analogs can't hurt. There are sooooo many chemicals in them, it's hard telling what is aggravating symptoms of any disease. Your body will be going through a lot of different symptoms as it detoxes from all these chemicals but if the symptoms of your fibro worsen or become intolerable, I'd go to your doc and let him know what is going on and what you're doing.

I have found ECF to be extremely helpful with all my questions-from the biggies right down to the small silly ones. Don't hesitate to ask, even if it seems silly to you. Guaranteed someone else is feeling the same way. Good luck to you, stay strong and know you are doing the right thing for your body and quality of life. Plus, vaping is just a fun hobby. I'm loving all the cool stuff lol.

504_Brunhileld

Oct 24, 2013
Louisiana
I tend to consume a vegan diet. As in abstaining from meat, dairy and eggs. I found that so far has helped some of the Fibromyalgia issues. As to those who have replied viel danke ala translation much thanks.

I'm only 3 weeks out but will try to help the best I can. As far as I can tell, the mg desire can vary depending on craving, type of juice, device being used etc.. what I've heard people doing is keeping different levels and adjust to your comfortable level for that moment.

I can't stand the smell of smoke now and have banned guests from smoking in my home and car now. Don't feel shy telling people not to smoke around you if it can be avoided. I was always a polite smoker and tried to be very respectful of non-smokers and you are one of those now :) If the situation can't be avoided maybe have some nice small bottles of air freshner handy to help cut the smell. Each day will probably get a little easier also. Keep your PV handy if the smell is really bothering you and take a puff to satisfy the craving. I too had tried Blu first and very disappointed, no throat hit what so ever.

I've noticed a couple of things regarding weight gain. I too have lost a considerable amount of weight and do not want to go back. Previous attempts at quitting smoking have resulted in mild weight gain but always went back to smoking anyway. Now, food is tasting much better due to getting my senses back. I'm really enjoying food and that scares me. On the other hand, I really like vaping and tend to have it in my hand at most times and have found myself not eating cause I'm vaping, well that and reading posts here lol-ECF will keep you occupied forever :) I'd say to just be mindful of what you're eating, making sure to keep healthier options available-high protein and fiber. If you're having specific food cravings, maybe find a juice that may satisfy the taste craving without the calories.

I don't know about the fibro but look at it this way, quitting smoking analogs can't hurt. There are sooooo many chemicals in them, it's hard telling what is aggravating symptoms of any disease. Your body will be going through a lot of different symptoms as it detoxes from all these chemicals but if the symptoms of your fibro worsen or become intolerable, I'd go to your doc and let him know what is going on and what you're doing.

I have found ECF to be extremely helpful with all my questions-from the biggies right down to the small silly ones. Don't hesitate to ask, even if it seems silly to you. Guaranteed someone else is feeling the same way. Good luck to you, stay strong and know you are doing the right thing for your body and quality of life. Plus, vaping is just a fun hobby. I'm loving all the cool stuff lol.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Ok so I am working on day four of no analogs, but still very high anxiety.
Give yourself credit for 4 days being analog free. The first 2 weeks can be a bit rough because the toxins are leaving our bodies.
Withdrawal...many believe that nicotine is the most addictive ingredient in tobacco.
Scientists did a study. They got Rats addicted to nicotine. Next they placed a bowl of nic in the corner of cage. Rats would not touch it.
Next they got the rats addicted to alkaloids, a substance found in tobacco, and placed a bowl of nic+ alkaloids in the corner of the cage...Rats made a beeline to it and immediately began self medicating.

It takes about 2 weeks for the alkaloids to evacuate our system. Be patient and realize this is no contest...if you feel like having an analog go right ahead. One day you'll wake up and either forget to have an analog or just choose not to smoke because vaping is more enjoyable. I've ALWAYS believed our journey should be enjoyable and, more importantly, stress free.
As far as weight gain...After vaping for a few months I began to get back into the sports I once enjoyed. My advice in regards to exercise is to find something you really enjoy regardless as to whether it's group participation or solo.
Wishing You the Best of Luck.

Blkwdw86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2013
Gladewater, TX
My first week was a whomper!

It gets better.

You'll continue to crave analogs for a week or two, your body needs to readjust after compensating for all the poisons you've spent years dumping into it. Anxiety is normal. Cravings are normal. Unusually extreme shortness of breath feelings are normal. Quit zits (acne) are normal. Sleeplessness is normal. You'll notice quite a few changes, some disturbing, over the first month. Read up on cigarette smoking withdrawal, you'll recognize the symptoms. The only thing vaping is doing for you is administering the nicotine you're addicted to which patches or gums could do, and satisfying your behavioral/psychological addiction as well, which patches and gums cannot do, which is why they generally fail.

My advice? When you feel the urge to reach for an analog, hit the vape hard. Chain vape a bit until you soldier through it. Once you've nicced up enough, the craving will go away. It won't be long and your body will readjust to the new routine, and you'll feel better. You can do it!

I have purposefully kept a pack of analogs and lighter within arm's reach since I put them down. I haven't touched them. Don't even think about them. They haven't been much of a temptation. I still get an urge, always in the mornings, but I hammer my eGo and it's gone.

You CAN do it.

nmackan

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Turkiye
I would like to share my experience with joytech eroll. I bought one for my daughter who was a new beginner. She was not a low smoker as I took it Because it was not enough for her. so we exchanged eroll with my previous set red kiwi (Ego type) I tried eroll and it made me astonished. It was too much cigarette like.
Actually I use an evic and low nic level 5-6mg/ml all day long. But now when I go out I use eroll putting 24mg/ml liquid in it. this provides nicotine high so with a 6-7 puffs I have enough nic.
In order not to have cravings you should increase nic level anyway. But if you have mental cravings too I suggest my way of using eroll in such cravings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread