A Fix for Burnt / Metallic / Plastic Taste on eGo CE4 Clearomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buford T. Justice

Oct 15, 2013
USA
This is my first post on this forum. I was going to put this in the eGo Forum, but I guess I am too new to post there, lol. I am still new to eCigs, but I have a VaporzX eGo CE4 with two 650 mAh batteries and a friend just sent me a new Volcano Inferno for dripping. So far, my favorite flavor is the VaporzX Desert Ship 24 mg. I started using my eCig Sunday, October the 6th, at around 8:30 PM. I had smoked tobacco for about 25 years mainly Winston Red cigarettes. I have not had an analog cigarette since. I feel like I have been bitten by a werewolf, lol. My senses of taste and smell have improved dramatically. I am breathing much better.

I bought 10 new clearomizers from an eBay seller rated at 2.6-2.9 ohm. I have only tried two of them so far. Both have that horrible burnt, metallic, plastic taste even after cleaning them with water prior to putting ejuice in them. I came across this fix where you take the silicon cap out of the clearomizer, trim just a tiny little bit off of it (the bottom open part that slips over the power tube in the clearomizer), and put it back into the clearomizer:

CE4 metallic taste - LizardJuice.com Blog

An Easier Fix

Last edited:

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
This is my first post on this forum. I was going to put this in the eGo Forum, but I guess I am too new to post there, lol. I am still new to eCigs, but I have a VaporzX eGo CE4 with two 650 mAh batteries and a friend just sent me a new Volcano Inferno for dripping. So far, my favorite flavor is the VaporzX Desert Ship 24 mg. I started using my eCig Sunday, October the 6th, at around 8:30 PM. I had smoked tobacco for about 25 years mainly Winston Red cigarettes. I have not had an analog cigarette since. I feel like I have been bitten by a werewolf, lol. My senses of taste and smell have improved dramatically. I am breathing much better.

I bought 10 new clearomizers from an eBay seller rated at 2.6-2.9 ohm. I have only tried two of them so far. Both have that horrible burnt, metallic, plastic taste even after cleaning them with water prior to putting eJuice in them. I came across this fix where you take the silicon cap out of the clearomizer, trim just a tiny little bit off of it (the bottom open part that slips over the power tube in the clearomizer), and put it back into the clearomizer:

CE4 metallic taste - LizardJuice.com Blog

This fixed worked perfectly!
Nice..it's called a "dry hit"

That rubber cap presses down too hard on the wick choking it's ability to pull the juice to the coil

Another solution is to back off the top cap a 1/2 turn or so

Awesome find though, don't cut too much or they will gurgle and leak!

Oh and Welcome!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread