1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

A Fix for Burnt / Metallic / Plastic Taste on eGo CE4 Clearomizers

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Buford T. Justice, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Buford T. Justice

Buford T. Justice Full Member

This is my first post on this forum. I was going to put this in the eGo Forum, but I guess I am too new to post there, lol. I am still new to eCigs, but I have a VaporzX eGo CE4 with two 650 mAh batteries and a friend just sent me a new Volcano Inferno for dripping. So far, my favorite flavor is the VaporzX Desert Ship 24 mg. I started using my eCig Sunday, October the 6th, at around 8:30 PM. I had smoked tobacco for about 25 years mainly Winston Red cigarettes. I have not had an analog cigarette since. I feel like I have been bitten by a werewolf, lol. My senses of taste and smell have improved dramatically. I am breathing much better.

I bought 10 new clearomizers from an eBay seller rated at 2.6-2.9 ohm. I have only tried two of them so far. Both have that horrible burnt, metallic, plastic taste even after cleaning them with water prior to putting eJuice in them. I came across this fix where you take the silicon cap out of the clearomizer, trim just a tiny little bit off of it (the bottom open part that slips over the power tube in the clearomizer), and put it back into the clearomizer:

CE4 metallic taste - LizardJuice.com Blog

An Easier Fix

2. Talyon

Talyon Vape 4 Life Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Welcome to ECF, glad u found your fix.......

My fix is always in my hand!

3. fredhogg

fredhogg Full Member

Good piece of info. Thanks:toast:

4. WarHawk-AVG

WarHawk-AVG Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nice..it's called a "dry hit"

That rubber cap presses down too hard on the wick choking it's ability to pull the juice to the coil

Another solution is to back off the top cap a 1/2 turn or so

Awesome find though, don't cut too much or they will gurgle and leak!

Oh and Welcome!

5. jmsgolo

jmsgolo Full Member

Welcome. Glad you are switching from the real thing.....if in a few months you find yourself wanting to go back, look around at fonding some other device/method that will keep you satisfied and out of the downward cig spiral.

6. Buford T. Justice

Buford T. Justice Full Member

Thanks for the welcomes. I also took the cap out of an old clearomizer and put it into a new one which worked just as well.

I am not missing smoking those damn cigarettes at all. The eCig is a godsend for those of us who liked smoking but didn't want to die from it :)

: volcano
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.