A friend got a Vamo... RMS mode, what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

footbag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
NEPA
A friend was in over the holidays and we were talking about vaping. He works for Big T, and is very insightful. So we were talking about vaping and I mentioned that I was planning to give him an e-cig. I bought him an Ego twist, but my wife took it.

Before I could order another, he told me he found some vape shops. I sent him some juices. Yesterday, he sends me a pic of a Vamo v5 with an AGR tank. Same setup as mine. But he said he was having troubles with it. It was burning all of his juices. I asked if he had it in RMS mode. He didn't. That was his entire problem.

It got me thinking... Not everyone who buys a Vamo know that it must be put into RMS mode. The people who sold it to him didn't tell him. There must be tons of Vamo's out there performing sub-optimally.

Maybe they should be more specific about it in the instructions. Within 5m he was vaping and happy. If I were selling the Vamo's, I'd put a tag on them that says they should be put in RMS mode for better vape quality. Or just get rid of avg mode.

Keynith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Atlanta
A friend was in over the holidays and we were talking about vaping. He works for Big T, and is very insightful. So we were talking about vaping and I mentioned that I was planning to give him an e-cig. I bought him an Ego twist, but my wife took it.

Before I could order another, he told me he found some vape shops. I sent him some juices. Yesterday, he sends me a pic of a Vamo v5 with an AGR tank. Same setup as mine. But he said he was having troubles with it. It was burning all of his juices. I asked if he had it in RMS mode. He didn't. That was his entire problem.

It got me thinking... Not everyone who buys a Vamo know that it must be put into RMS mode. The people who sold it to him didn't tell him. There must be tons of Vamo's out there performing sub-optimally.

Maybe they should be more specific about it in the instructions. Within 5m he was vaping and happy. If I were selling the Vamo's, I'd put a tag on them that says they should be put in RMS mode for better vape quality. Or just get rid of avg mode.

I bet they have alot of the chips made with both modes already, and don't want to throw them out so there going to use them. Remember, the vamo isn't some 100+ dollar mod, that only has a limited number made. There isn't alot of quality control because it's only a 30 dollar mod. People should do research on a mod before they buy it anyways, because nearly every review/article says to make sure the vamo is in RMS mode and explains how to check. I'm guessing there will be people out there who will not, but then hopefully once they get a bad vape they will do some research and find the easy fix.

footbag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
NEPA
I bet they have alot of the chips made with both modes already, and don't want to throw them out so there going to use them. Remember, the vamo isn't some 100+ dollar mod, that only has a limited number made. There isn't alot of quality control because it's only a 30 dollar mod. People should do research on a mod before they buy it anyways, because nearly every review/article says to make sure the vamo is in RMS mode and explains how to check. I'm guessing there will be people out there who will not, but then hopefully once they get a bad vape they will do some research and find the easy fix.

That's the problem. For someone who is an e-cig hobbyist, research is fun. You go online and read reviews. Make your choice and buy. But, that is the model for a niche industry. The success of e-cigs will not be the niche industry. It will be when it is truly mainstream which it's quickly approaching.

But, the industry has to make more then a half assed effort to make itself user friendly. I had to explain to my friend ohm's and voltage, but suggested wattage mode. Everyone shouldn't have to learn about electronics to get a good vape. That seems like what is a happening.

Glen Snyder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
Here's the Instruction manual linked from this forum in the sticky's. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ual-download-vamo_vv_vw_mod_v2_user_guide.pdf That is instructions for the old chip. The new chip is RMS ONLY so nothing needs to be set other than user preference according to taste.

Actually Glen the Vamo V5 has the RMS and Mean mode. To get to it turn it on and hold down both the - and + buttons. You will eventually see what mode it changed it too. If Mean then do it again and it will put you in RMS. Another feature of the V5 is the continuous mode. To get into it I suggest you remove what ever you have to vape attached then hold down the right (+) button for about 10 seconds. You will see a battery image with the amount of charge remaining and it will start firing non stop. To stop it simply turn it off and it defaults back to a normal mode. I assume the continuous mode is for charging say a cell phone or some other device with a connector that will work.

donesmokin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
NE Oregon
I've got no idea how many versions of the chip set are floating around. My V5 has RMS and Mean. Some people are saying their Vamo is RMS only. Whether or not it's user error.... Holy crap! Just held down the (+) for 10 sec. with no topper and saw the battery image. As Ron White would say "I did not know that!".

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
Actually you hold down the "-" button for about 10 sec. and then you will see the "Mean" vs "Rms" mode.

Thanks for correcting my typo. I've seen the instructions on a couple of sites that says either nothing about RMS/Mean modes or that it is RMS only. I learned about it watching a PBusardo video when trying to make up my mind on which to buy. I actually also have a Lambo 6 that I bought recently as they figured out the problem Phil Busardo had giving it a thumbs down for. I wonder if he will correct it or just leave it. I know I paid $39 for mine due to it and it works like a champ with 20A or better batteries.

rucni

ECF Veteran
interesting is this just for the V5? i have a V3 and with - i get my ohms and + i get what i think is battery volts. i use volts and not watts because of taste issues with my pt3 tanks. i will admit i am still learning about my vamo. shop i got it from just said "set it to the same volts you uses with your ego twist and pt2." my other vamo i believe is a V4, all the same settings as my V3 just press fit first battery section and top ring is NOT removable.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
interesting is this just for the V5? i have a V3 and with - i get my ohms and + i get what i think is battery volts. i use volts and not watts because of taste issues with my pt3 tanks. i will admit i am still learning about my vamo. shop i got it from just said "set it to the same volts you uses with your ego twist and pt2." my other vamo i believe is a V4, all the same settings as my V3 just press fit first battery section and top ring is NOT removable.

I own an ss v2, ss v3, ss v5. Both the V3 and V5 have firmware KSD 3.0 which provides the RMS/Mean option. Never seen one, but supposedly, there is also a KSD 2.0 firmware version in some that are RMS only. Also tested my V2, the result was 02 displayed. Have no idea what that means.

To determine the frimware version of your V3, V4, V5:
Remove the battery cap
Press and hold the fire button
Reinstall the battery cap
The firmware version should be displayed. (KSD 3.0 or KSD 2.0)

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Actually Glen the Vamo V5 has the RMS and Mean mode. To get to it turn it on and hold down both the - and + buttons. You will eventually see what mode it changed it too. If Mean then do it again and it will put you in RMS. Another feature of the V5 is the continuous mode. To get into it I suggest you remove what ever you have to vape attached then hold down the right (+) button for about 10 seconds. You will see a battery image with the amount of charge remaining and it will start firing non stop. To stop it simply turn it off and it defaults back to a normal mode. I assume the continuous mode is for charging say a cell phone or some other device with a connector that will work.

I bet if you put it in continuous mode, take the battery out, and put the battery back in, you won't have to turn it on!

The V5 is suppose to be designed with a 510 threaded detachable head so you could put it on a MECH MOD; but then you would have two buttons to press to vape, unless either the mech mod has a button that could stay ON continuously, or the vamo v5 head could stay on continuously.

I hope it has a high temperature cutoff if that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread