A funny thing happened in the smoker's area today

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Huckleberried, Oct 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

So, I hang with my co-workers that smoke while on breaks or lunch. One chick asks everyone for a lighter, I proudly say "I don't have one, sorry." So she says, "Oh yeah, you're a non lighter carrying smoker." THREE people yelled at once, "It's VAPOR!!" They're all smokers, so I thought it was awesome.

:vapor:

2. InTheShade

InTheShade Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    It's funny, I don't usually vape with the smokers, but when I did, I felt like a minor celebrity. Everyone knew who I was (the weird dude with the thingie that smokes, but it's not smoke it's vapor) and everyone wanted to talk about it...

I think smokers are the easiest people to educate, after all, we were them a few months back. They want to know what you are doing, how it works and why it's not the same as smoking.

There is nothing like converting your first smoker to vaping. Sounds like you are well on your way to getting there.

Great story.

3. WarHawk-AVG

WarHawk-AVG Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Winning hearts and minds one puff at a time!

Either that or they are plotting against you and hate your guts...nah...they're just jealous :D

4. Huckleberried

One is jealous AND hates my guts. Win win? :p

5. danca90

danca90 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I had a guy ask for one, when I said "Sorry man, don't have one" and started vapping, he looked at me like I was a lier.

6. Huckleberried

Lmao .

7. TUC

TUC Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

When I got to my last job, I was the only vaper...at least visible. By the time I left, one quarter of the smoke shack were vaping, with others always picking our brains for knowledge. Loved it.

8. InTheClouds

InTheClouds Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I converted my son and his wife, who in turn converted my "adopted" son (my sons best friend).

9. Recycled Roadkill

Recycled Roadkill Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I'm so happy that I won't HAVE to go outside and freeze my tail off to get nicotine anymore. I'll visit with smoking friends outside but I won't HAVE to if I don't want to.

10. vaperature

vaperature Moved On Verified Member ECF Veteran

When the homeless person on the street asks "Hey buddy do you have a few drops for my Evod" then we will know the revolution has commenced.

11. WellAdjustedAndroid

WellAdjustedAndroid Full Member

Hahaha. I laughed out loud at this because as an ex-smoker and new vaper who works on 42nd st in Manhattan NYC - it sure is NICE not to get hounded hourly by the homeless dudes for a smoke. They know ALL the smokers. And I'm just like...sorry bro, I quit, keep shuffling past the smokers dock now.

12. cocacola31173

cocacola31173 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I started with the V2 cigalike and no one really noticed. When I started using EGOs I got a few stares. At first I tried to keep it descreet and just used plain cartos but I really missed my carto tanks and finally decided to heck with it and started using my tanks and my pretty drip tips!

13. Intervap

Intervap Super Member ECF Veteran

Every time I'm with smoking friends they always pelt me with the same questions. Does it work? How much does it cost? I've heard they can explode...?
    I give them all the answers and push them to get an eGo and Clearo at the local tobacco shop and I'd hook them up with juices. They never do, instead just ask the same questions :confused: I don't necessarily hang out with the brightest bunch though.
    Although....my smoker coworkers are the same way now that I think about it...

14. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

LOL.... People bumming a few drops.... liquid gold we have here.

15. Joe13

Joe13 Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Two of my co-workers saw me vaping outside in the smoking area, so I gave them my spiel - "It's not smoke, it's vapor, and the crumby disposables available everywhere just ain't powerful enough."

Both wanted to quit (duh!!!), and both went back to their cubes and ordered starter kits.

One quit completely, and the other is down to 5 analogs per day.

Next project is my brother, followed by (or in tandem with) my sister-in-law. I doubt I'll run out of smokers any time soon.

16. wheezal

wheezal Insane Halon ECF Veteran

Supporting member

aww man, now i'm gunna hafto awkwardly avoid eye contact with them too?

17. JayEatsAirplane

JayEatsAirplane Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Had this happen the other day. Got off the train and started vaping. Women behind me comes running up asking for a cigarette. Told her I didn't have any, this was electronic and she gave me a weird look and then assumed I was smoking an illegal substance. Tried to correct her, but she still didn't understand the concept.

18. Vapo Marx

Vapo Marx Super Member ECF Veteran

Hear, hear. It's starting to get cold here in New York and I love that I don't have to go outside to get my nic fix. And if I do happen to be outside, I can vape without removing my gloves. Take it from me, that doesn't work too well with a cigarette!

: revolution, evod
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.