A little help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriscoBrad

Aug 2, 2015
Thanks for having me on your forum. I am an active e-cig user and am also into vaping.
I have been vaping for some time now, but am limited by monetary restrictions(low on dough). I use a decent but nonadjustable mod that takes 18650's, is a bottom fire but has a really cool safety. I plan to change to VV and VW when I can afford it and have a better idea of what I am looking for.
I have had a few RDA's that were given to me and work great, but I would like to run a tank on top so I don't have to keep dripping. On advise I bought a OrchidV6 with glass tank which I happen to have some problems with. The deck for building the coils is small, it leaks often, and the worst part is I have to drain all of the liquid to uncover the deck and check/replace the coils. Can you please recomend a single or dual coil tank that I wont have to drain to adjust. I understand there are many available that come with prebuilt coils, I really like to build my own.
Besides the tank I use organic unbleached cotton as a wicking material, I have heard of new types of silicone based wicks, any of them work well?
Once again thanks for having me, I appreciate being able to be here. B~Love
(I apologize if my terminology is off, feel free to correct me, I appreciate any knowledge

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
Welcome to the forum. You're wicking may be a little loose and need more cotton to help solve the leaking issue. When you rewick, use a slightly wider piece of the organic cotton you have. I don't recommend silicone as the cotton keeps the flavor of juice stay truer. If you've decided to get a new tank, a Subtank Mini is always a good choice in my opinion. I've also heard alot of good things about the Crown tank from Uwell but I believe you have to order the rebuild deck separately. Most people here are budget vapers so you're not alone.

Reactions: FriscoBrad

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
Hello and Welcome FriscoBrad
I've read many issues on the Orchid and its leaking and finicky requirement of wicking , never got one.
Subtank mini takes prebuilt coils and theres a section for building your own coils and you can take your build out when liquid is still in the tank.
Others will know of other tanks that you can remove the build deck without draining.

mamabear15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2015
USA
Lemo has build access w/o draining as well, and is a bit more forgiving than the Subtank imo...
But I'll also say what I wish I'd listened to when I started - unless you're desperately frustrated, try to hang in on what you've got. Orchid is a solid tank, and I hate to say but any thing you get will have a learning curve to build well on, they all have different tricks and needs and "sweet spots" - I don't want you trading one frustration for another just as intense, lol.

FriscoBrad

Aug 2, 2015
Welcome to the forum. You're wicking may be a little loose and need more cotton to help solve the leaking issue. When you rewick, use a slightly wider piece of the organic cotton you have. I don't recommend silicone as the cotton keeps the flavor of juice stay truer. If you've decided to get a new tank, a Subtank Mini is always a good choice in my opinion. I've also heard alot of good things about the Crown tank from Uwell but I believe you have to order the rebuild deck separately. Most people here are budget vapers so you're not alone.
Lemo has build access w/o draining as well, and is a bit more forgiving than the Subtank imo...
But I'll also say what I wish I'd listened to when I started - unless you're desperately frustrated, try to hang in on what you've got. Orchid is a solid tank, and I hate to say but any thing you get will have a learning curve to build well on, they all have different tricks and needs and "sweet spots" - I don't want you trading one frustration for another just as intense, lol.[/QUOT
But I'll also say what I wish I'd listened to when I started - unless you're desperately frustrated, try to hang in on what you've got. Orchid is a solid tank, and I hate to say but any thing you get will have a learning curve to build well on, they all have different tricks and needs and "sweet spots" - I don't want you trading one frustration for another just as intense, lol.
* I appreciate the advice, because it is very good advice. But I just can NOT deal with this tank anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread