A little help with a new purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksmweb

Oct 11, 2016
hi all!
I've been vaping for quite a long time now.
I started on a 901 then to a 510 with carts, cartos, clearos then to the ego and then several MVPs and standard boxes.
I'm a lazy vaper, I don't build attys or anything, no fuss is what I'm all for.

At the moment I'm sub ohming with a cleito (0.2 or 0.4) and a cool fire.

Now I'm really interested in the teslacigs 3 as I love the simplicity of just fire and go.
However, Its "unregulated" which on a google just makes methink of mechanical mods and safety issues for novice vapers.

So my question is; would a tesla three and my cleito be as "safe" as my current set up?

Thanks in advance, and apologies if it's a dumb question

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Not a dumb question. Vaping terminology can be confusing.

A common misconception is that "mechanical" and "unregulated" are the same thing. Unregulated does not mean mechanical. Unregulated means that the current delivered to the atomizer will be whatever voltage is available from the battery at any given moment. You'll get 4.2 volts with the battery fully charged, and about 3.2 volts when the battery is nearly drained. Therefore, your vape will be strongest with fully charged battery, and progressively/gradually get weaker as the battery drains. It also means that you won't be able to adjust the power output to a higher or lower wattage to suit your mood or taste.

In comparison, the processor or regulator in a regulated mod keeps the power output to the atomizer at the user's specified setting, regardless of the battery's voltage status. So, you'll get the same power to the atomizer whether the battery is fully charged or about to die from being discharged. You also can adjust the power up or down to suit your mood.

A mechanical mod is also unregulated, but it also does not have protection circuitry. The Teslacigs 3 has electronic protection circuitry.

"The Teslacigs Three has multiple protections built into the chipset such as overvoltage protection, atomizer short protection, charging protection, and overpuffing protection." TeslaCigs3
IMHO, the Teslacigs 3 is essentually a mechanical mod with a display screen and electronic protection circuitry. It's a safer mech mod. Anyone disagree with the above please correct me.

Last edited:
Reactions: sonicbomb

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
That's great thank you everyone! I love the plug and play of it.
I don't want to bother adjusting temps, volts etc. I just want to kick back and enjoy my vape. Looks like I'll be purchasing
Having used both mechs and regulated devices I gotta say that the latter makes it much easier to just kick back and enjoy one's vape. With mechs/unregulated mods there's a lot more fiddling to get the build right for the atty in question (not to mention the possibility to adjust the vape for a softer hit in the morning and harder in the day, or whatever one feels like). Do a build that results in to much power and nothing but burnt taste and you're back to the drawing table with a mech, or simply adjust the watts on a regulated mod.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: sonicbomb

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2016
Having used both mechs and regulated devices I gotta say that the latter makes it much easier to just kick back and enjoy one's vape. With mechs/unregulated mods there's a lot more fiddling to get the build right for the atty in question (not to mention the possibility to adjust the vape for a softer hit in the morning and harder in the day, or whatever one feels like). Do a build that results in to much power and nothing but burnt taste and you're back to the drawing table with a mech, or simply adjust the watts on a regulated mod.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk
I am with you on that. Fire and go sounds great and all but that just means that much work on the back end. You have to get the build perfect for the atty and mod. Is it big enough or too big. Will it overdraw from the batteries (not necessarily venting as it is protected) causing to sag and give a bad performance quickly? Will the build need more voltage than it will supply at 100% 75% 50%. Sure you feel great once you get it right and now you know what to do from that point, but it ends there. Now you are stuck with a single build on a single device. Want a new atty, now you have to do everything over again.

Whereas on a regulated I rarely worry about my build outside it fitting the chamber. .13 don't care, .18 doesn't matter, .35 that's cool and all. I just then find the air flow and wattage I like and I am set.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
In my opinion using unregulated devices requires a significant degree of geekiness that considers the particularities of making them work well a pleasure rather than a chore. The low maintenance, efficiency, ease of use and flexibility of a regulated device speaks for itself, but people continue to use and love unregulated mechanical devices.
People drive cars without a second thought for what happens under the hood, others like to get oily hands.

Embrace your inner nerd and get involved, or don't that's up to you.

wVsobh6.jpg

Reactions: Kprthevapr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread