A new design for a Repairable atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad524

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Manchester, NH
That's exactly what I had in mind!!!!! I think that would be great for an "on the fly" repair. With it done this way, a spare coil, or two, could be brought along for a quick change. This could actually make the base of the atty a little more of a low profile, or it could be higher up and have room for a 3ml tank that self feeds. Of coarse it would have to be made of a food grade metal but that would actually make the design stronger.

Bowlcut3x

Jun 25, 2009
That's exactly what I had in mind!!!!! I think that would be great for an "on the fly" repair. With it done this way, a spare coil, or two, could be brought along for a quick change. This could actually make the base of the atty a little more of a low profile, or it could be higher up and have room for a 3ml tank that self feeds. Of coarse it would have to be made of a food grade metal but that would actually make the design stronger.
Thank you. Which one of the ideas is what you were referring? I think the last one (the quick render) will be the simplest to make, but I would like the best regardless if its the simplest or not.
Sorry to take so long to get back. I had recently signed up for a student copy of Autodesk Inventor and I'm trying to figure this program out so I can make some dimensional drawings.
I posted my original renders to a couple of machining companies and they are asking for dimensional drawings. I guess its easier and more precise that way. Though, at this point, I'm only looking for a quote since I still haven't worked out all the kinks.
I have also been looking into purchasing a mini lathe for really cheap and thinking about doing it myself. :confused: I don't know yet.

Brad524

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Manchester, NH
Thank you. Which one of the ideas is what you were referring? I think the last one (the quick render) will be the simplest to make, but I would like the best regardless if its the simplest or not.
Sorry to take so long to get back. I had recently signed up for a student copy of Autodesk Inventor and I'm trying to figure this program out so I can make some dimensional drawings.
I posted my original renders to a couple of machining companies and they are asking for dimensional drawings. I guess its easier and more precise that way. Though, at this point, I'm only looking for a quote since I still haven't worked out all the kinks.
I have also been looking into purchasing a mini lathe for really cheap and thinking about doing it myself. :confused: I don't know yet.

Yeah Bowlcut, the last one you posted. The bobber style sounds good, but in the long run,..... what about wear on the springs? As well as taking up more room causing for a large base, more along the line of the Ato-mizer. The last idea, collets, could reduce space which could be used for higher resistance, if wanted, and more wicking which would give better juice consumption. Are you planning on making them bottom fed compatable, or with a solid connector like the A2? That is if you don't add a tank to it.

Brad524

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Manchester, NH
What fantastic ideas! I really like it. I love the idea of being able to make your own attys. :)

We're trying to come up with a simple version of the A2 from bulli smoker that will be avail in the US. The A2 is really great but once ordered it takes a couple of weeks shipping. It also could be combined with a hybrid atty if the design is proper.

Bowlcut3x

Jun 25, 2009
Yeah Bowlcut, the last one you posted. The bobber style sounds good, but in the long run,..... what about wear on the springs? As well as taking up more room causing for a large base, more along the line of the Ato-mizer. The last idea, collets, could reduce space which could be used for higher resistance, if wanted, and more wicking which would give better juice consumption. Are you planning on making them bottom fed compatable, or with a solid connector like the A2? That is if you don't add a tank to it.
I don't think there will be too much of problem with wear on the springs, but size could be a factor. I want it to be as small as possible and not cumbersome or bulky at all.
As far as it being bottom fed, I'm not sure. I never really thought about that. I have only an idea of a drip method. One of the things disappointing about the other 2 repairable atomizers is you can't use your own drip tip. I personally love mine and since having the Ato I have come to really miss it. Ha ha
Perhaps I will put some thought into making it compatible with an add-on bottle fed. I've always admired that style but wouldn't know where to begin. Maybe it'll be like a V2.0 or something.

Bowlcut3x

Jun 25, 2009
What fantastic ideas! I really like it. I love the idea of being able to make your own attys. :)

Thank you IOU, I have actually only rebuilt old ones that have quit working. And after awhile of
doing that, began to realize; what a pain. The Buili A2... Great idea, but like Brad524 stated; takes way too long to to receive it here in the US. Also,
way too expensive. The Ato-Mizer, the one I ended up buying :( ... Also too expensive and has many other problems. Seems to have the same design
idea of the A2.
We need something cheaper and something simpler/quicker of a design when the NiChrome wire needs to be replaced.
Again, thank you for your feed back.

Bowlcut3x

Jun 25, 2009
This is something else I have worked on during the last week. I know it's not at all related but I think its still
cool enough to post.
My-Flashlight-Mod.gif

Notice how much better the Ato-Mizer looks in that $10 flashlight I modded as opposed to my $90 Prodigy V2? :D

As far as my new design for a repairable atomizer... I'm still working on it and won't give up. I have a feeling this
thread might die out before I have the working prototype, but as soon as I do I will make sure to let everyone here
know. I will continue to post updates on this as well.
Thank you everyone for your help. I couldn't have made it this far without you. :)

Brad524

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Manchester, NH
This is something else I have worked on during the last week. I know it's not at all related but I think its still
cool enough to post.
My-Flashlight-Mod.gif

Notice how much better the Ato-Mizer looks in that $10 flashlight I modded as opposed to my $90 Prodigy V2? :D

As far as my new design for a repairable atomizer... I'm still working on it and won't give up. I have a feeling this
thread might die out before I have the working prototype, but as soon as I do I will make sure to let everyone here
know. I will continue to post updates on this as well.
Thank you everyone for your help. I couldn't have made it this far without you. :)

Wow! That's the best I've seen an Ato-mizer look! Keep in mind for your prototype that the A2's O.D. is the same as an Ego's battery. It also uses a 701 cart and tip, making the use of a DT virtually impossible.

Bowlcut3x

Jun 25, 2009
Wow! That's the best I've seen an Ato-mizer look! Keep in mind for your prototype that the A2's O.D. is the same as an Ego's battery. It also uses a 701 cart and tip, making the use of a DT virtually impossible.
Thank you. :) I had to do something with that over-sized bulky thing.
I didn't know that about the A2. Thank you. I thought it was like most, you can choose the battery connection type.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread